ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-4-24-31

Abstract

The most important objective of developing technologies for the process of hot sheet rolling is to determine the strip temperature in the technological line of the mill. In this paper, a mathematical model has been developed for calculating the temperature schedules of strip rolling on hot rolling mill 2300/1700 of PJSC Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant. The mathematical model takes into account the steel temperature loss during rolling and transportation along the mill line, heating of the strip during its deformation, heating of the billet in an intermediate reheating furnace, and a drop in the temperature of the rolled products, when passing through cooling facilities. Temperature changes are detect-ed and recorded along the mill line, from reheating continuous furnaces to hot strip coilers. Checking the developed mathematical model adequacy by comparing the calculated and experimental data has shown convergence sufficient to carry out calculations in the analysis and improvement of the applied rolling schedules and development of new ones. The paper provides an example of using the developed mathematical model to calculate the temperature parameters of rolled products. The mathematical model can be used both for scientific research and as a tool for engineering calculations of sheet rolling temperature schedules.

Keywords

Temperature conditions, sheet hot rolling, mathematical model, rolling mill 2300/1700.

For citation

Sosedkova M.A., Grigorenko A.S., Radionova L.V. Mathematical Modeling of Steel Temperature on a Hot Sheet Rolling Mill. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 24–31. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-4-24-31

Lyudmila V. Radionova – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor,

South Ural State University (SUSU), Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., ORCID 0000-0001-9587-2925

Marina A. Sosedkova – Senior Lecturer

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alexander S. Grigorenko – student

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., ORCID 0000-0002-0052-669X

1. Grudev A.P., Mashkin L.F., Khanin M.I. Tekhnologiya prokatnogo proizvodstva: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Rolling technology: the textbook for universities]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1994, 656 p. (In Russ.)

2. Tselikov A.I., Tomlenov A.D., Zyuzin V.I. et al. Teoriya prokatki: spravochnik [Theory of rolling: a reference book]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1982, 335 p. (In Russ.)

3. Konovalov Yu.V. Spravochnik prokatchika. Spravochnoe izdanie. V 2-kh kn. Kniga 1. Proizvodstvo goryachekatanykh listov i polos [The reference book for rolling engineers. Reference edition. In 2 books. Book 1. Production of hot-rolled sheets and strips]. Moscow: Teplotekhnik, 2008, 640 p. (In Russ.)

4. Safyan M.M., Mazur V.L., Safyan A.M., Molchanov A.I. Tekhnologiya protsessov prokatki i volocheniya. Listoprokatnoe proizvodstvo: uchebnik [Technology of rolling and drawing processes. Sheet rolling: the textbook]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola, 1988, 352 p. (In Russ.)

5. Salganik V.M., Gun I.G., Karandaev A.S., Radionov A.A. Tonkoslyabovye liteyno-prokatnye agregaty dlya proizvodstva stalnykh polos [Thin slab casting and rolling facilities for the production of steel strips]. Moscow: Bauman MSTU, 2003, 506 p. (In Russ.)

6. Kotsar S.L., Belyansky A.D., Mukhin Yu.A. Tekhnologiya listoprokatnogo proizvodstva [Sheet rolling technology]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1997, 272 p. (In Russ.)

7. Kurban V.V., Fedorov D.S., Salganik V.M., Pesin A.M. The selection of the cooling strategy and modes for rolled products to achieve the required complex of consumer properties. Chernaya metallurgiya [Ferrous Metallurgy], 2011, no. 4 (1336), pp. 64–69. (In Russ.)

8. Radionova L.V., Buzhlanovа Yu.V. Application of mathematical models for prediction of microstructure and mechanical properties of rods of high carbon steel grades. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no. 4 (24), pp. 73–75. (In Russ.)

9. Serdiuk I.A., Khadzhinov A.S., Dvornikov S.G., Kholodnyi A.A., Prisyazhnyi A.G. Mathematical model of calculating the temperature of rolling in the process of hot sheet rolling by the method of criterial equations. Vestnik Priazovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya «Tekhnicheskie nauki» [Bulletin of Priazovsky State Technical University. Technical Sciences], 2011, no. 2 (23), pp. 80–86. (In Russ.)

10. Radionov А.А., Karandaev A.S., Andryushin I.Yu. et al. Mathematical modeling of the interrelated electric and mechanical systems of a continuous sub-group of the rolling mill stands. Part 1. Development of a mathematical model. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya «Energetika» [Bulletin of SUSU. Power Engineering], 2015, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 59–73. (In Russ.)

11. Karandaev A.S., Khramshin V.R., Radionov A.A. et al. Coordination of speed modes of electric drives for stands of a continuous group of the rolling mill. Vestnik IGEU [Bulletin of ISEU], 2013, no. 1, pp. 98–103. (In Russ.)

12. Radionov A.A., Andryushin I.Yu., Galkin V.V., Gostev A.N. Limiting minimum speeds of electric drives of mill 2000, when rolling a pipe billet. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 3, pp. 20–23. (In Russ.)

13. Genkin A.L. Information on energy-power parameters in controlling the temperature-speed mode of hot-rolled strip. Avtomatizatsiya v promyshlennosti [Automation in the Industry], 2009, no. 8, pp. 45–48. (In Russ.)

14. Radionova L.V., Sarapulov O.A. Mathematical model of rod cooling in a small section mill. Nauka i proizvodstvo Urala [Science and Manufacturing of the Urals], 2014, no. 10, pp. 171–174. (In Russ.)

15. Gasiyarov V.R., Usatiy D.Yu., Radionov A.A., Radionova L.V. Automatic control of the rolling geometry on a 5000 mm plate mill. Materialy 4-y Vserossiyskoy multikonferentsii po problemam upravleniya "MKPU-2011" [Proceedings of the Fourth All-Russian Multi-Conference on Management Problems MCMP-2011], 2011, pp. 307–309. (In Russ.)

16. Dubinskiy F.S., Sosedkova M.A. Temperature simulation to optimize long product rolling. New technologies and achievements in metallurgy, material engineering and production engineering: XIV International scientific conference, Czestochowa (Poland), pp. 353–357 (2013).

17. Sosedkova M.A., Radionоva L.V., Lisovskaya T.A. Mathematical model of hot rolling temperature parameters. Solid State Phenomena, 265, pp. 1026–1033 (2017).

18. Sosedkova M.A., Grigorenko A.S., Radionоva L.V., Lisovskaya T.A., Lezin V.D. Mathematical model of temperature conditions of sheet mills with furnace coilers. Materials Science Forum, 989, pp. 711–718 (2020).

19. Wenzel H. Rolling and rolling equipment. VINITI. Ekspress-informatsiya [The All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information. Express information], 1965, no. 27, pp. 8–43. (In Russ.)