ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-2-56-61

Abstract

The authors carried out a study on a new technology for producing billets on a combined continuous casting and deformation plant. The paper describes a method for producing three steel billets on the continuous casting and deformation plant. The problem statement is given, initial data and boundary conditions are stated to determine the stress-strain state of steel in the zone of cyclic deformation, when forming three steel billets from a continuously cast slab by the calibrated flat dies of the plant. The paper describes a procedure for solving the problem of elastoplasticity by the finite element method using the ANSYS package. It analyzes a non-stationary process of penetrating the continuously cast slab with the separating collars of the calibrated flat die, when producing three steel billets on the continuous casting and deformation plant. The results of calculating the penetration of the collar into the slab by 48 mm are given by the characteristic lines located on the contact surface of the calibrated flat die with the slab. The authors determined the regularities of the distribution of axial displacements and stresses in the deformation zone, when penetrating the continuously cast slab with the separating collars of the flat dies.

Keywords

Plant, continuously cast slab, calibrated flat die, billet, deformation, displacement, stress.

For citation

Lekhov O.S., Mikhalev A.V., Bilalov D.Kh. Studies on a Combined Process of Producing Billets on a Continuous Casting and Deformation Plant. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 56–61. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-2-56-61

Oleg S. Lekhov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia,

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alexander V. Mikhalev – PhD (Eng.), Managing Director

JSC Urals Pipe Works, Pervouralsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Damir Kh. Bilalov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Makarov Yu.D., Polyakov B.N., Sokolov P.B. Multiple-strand rolling of billets from continuously cast slabs. Stal [Steel], 1984, vol. 5, pp. 35–37. (In Russ.)

2. Fastykovsky A.R., Fedorov A.A. Experience of application of the rolling-separation technology in the conditions of current production. Proizvodstvo prokata [Manufacturing rolled products], 2016, no. 12, pp. 3–7. (In Russ.)

3. Lekhov O.S., Bilalov D.Kh. Technological capabilities of combined continuous casting and deformation plants for steel products. Proizvodstvo prokata [Manufacturing rolled products], 2016, no. 7, pp. 24–26. (In Russ.)

4. Lekhov O.S., Mikhalev A.V. Ustanovka sovmeshchennogo protsessa nepreryvnogo litya i deformatsii dlya proizvodstva listov iz stali dlya svarnykh trub. Teoriya i raschet [A combined continuous casting and deformation plant to produce steel plates for welded pipes. Theory and calculation.] Yekaterinburg: UMC UPI publishing house, 2017, 151 p. (In Russ.)

5. Lekhov O.S., Ukhlov I.V., Mikhalev A.V. Sposob nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok i ustroistvo dlya ego osushchestvleniya [Method of continuous casting of billets and device for its implementation]. Patent RF, no. 2658761, 2018.

6. Lekhov O.S., Guzanov B.N., Lisin I.V., Bilalov D.Kh. Research on the combined process of continuous casting and cyclic deformation to produce steel sheets. Stal [Steel], 2016, no. 1, pp. 59–62. (In Russ.)

7. Mazur D.D., Khizhnyak V.L. Strain resistance of low-alloy steels. Stal [Steel], 1991, no. 8, pp. 41–43. (In Russ.)

8. Singh V., Das S.K. Thermofluid mathematical modeling of steel slab casters: Progress in 21st Century. ISIJ International, 2016, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 1509–1518.

9. Su B. et al. Numerical simulation of microstructure evolution of heavy steel casting in casting and heat treatment processes. ISIJ international, 2014, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 408–414.

10. Takashima Y., Yanagimoto I. Finite element analysis of flange spread behavior in H-beam universal rolling. Steel research international, 2011, no. 10, pp. 1240–1247.

11. Kobayashi S., Oh S-I, Altan T. Metal forming and finite-element method. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989, 377 p.

12. Matsumia Т., Nakamura Y. Mathematical model of slab bulging during continuous casting. Applied Mathematical, and Physical Models in Iron and Steel Industry. Proceedings of the 3rd Process Technological Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, 28-31 March 1982. New York, 1982, pp. 264–270.

13. Zienkiewicz O., Taylor R. Finite element method: fifth edition. Butterworth and Heinemann, 2000, v. 1–3.

14. Duan H., Velay X., Sheppard T. Application of finite element method in the hot extrusion of aluminium alloys. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2004, v.369, pp. 66–75.