ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-141-146

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The aim of the research is to identify the possibility of designing a rotator with the fixed rate of free rotation. Methods Applied. To stabilize angular velocity, it is required that changes in angular momentum result in relevant changes in moment of inertia. To settle this issue, a device was synthesized. Such device is reasonably called a stabilized rotator. To identify the nature of behavior of the stabilized rotator in various modes (kinematics, dynamics), it is analyzed. Synthesis and analysis of the stabilized rotator are performed using the balance between theoretical mechanics and formal and identical transformations. Originality. The natural rotation frequency of a stabilized rotator is strictly fixed (it does not depend on either moment of inertia or angular momentum) and remarkably coincides with the natural oscillation frequency of the pendulum with identical parameters. When the angular momentum changes, the radius and tangential velocity change (the rotation frequency does not change and is equal to its own). Result. At zero torque in the stationary mode, the rotation frequency of the stabilized rotator cannot be arbitrary and takes on a single value. Just as the frequency does not coincide with the natural frequency during forced oscillations of the pendulum, the rotation frequency of a stabilized rotator under loading does not coincide with the natural rotation frequency. Practical Relevance. A stabilized rotator can be used to control the natural frequency of a radial oscillator, although in this function it may have strong competition with mechatronic systems. On the contrary, as a rotation stabilizer, its competitive capabilities are undeniable and determined by the extreme simplicity of the design.

Keywords

rotator, pendulum, frequency, stabilization, run-out, energy, angular momentum, cyclotron motion

For citation

Popov I.P. Automatic Stabilized Rotator. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universi-teta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 141-146. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-141-146

Popov I.P. Kurgan State University, Kurgan, Russia

1. Sayapin S.N. On precision angular orientation and stabilization of a rotating antenna of a balloon radar. Inzhenerny zhurnal: nauka i innovatsii [Engineering Journal: Science and Innovations], 2021, no. 3 (111), pp. 58-63. (In Russ.)

2. Sadomtsev Yu.V., Grivenev D.A. Synthesis of a digital controller for a system for stabilizing the speed of rotation of the generator shaft. Mekhatronika, avtomatizatsiya, upravlenie [Mechatronics, Automation, Control], 2011, no. 9, pp. 31-36. (In Russ.)

3. Seitbattalov Sh.B., Esenbaev S.Kh. Turbine and gen-erator control systems at combined heat and power plants. Avtomatika. Informatika [Automation. Infor-matics], 2020, no. 1, pp. 134-139. (In Russ.)

4. Steinmiller O.A. Analysis of the practice of using modular automatic pumping stations in water supply systems. Santekhnika [Sanitary Engineering], 2020, no. 1, pp. 44-49. (In Russ.)

5. Savushkin S.S., Muravev A.V. Assessment of the technical and operational characteristics of a proto-type of a modular pumping station. Vestnik meliora-tivnoy nauki [Bulletin of Amelioration], 2021, no. 3, pp. 105-110. (In Russ.)

6. Smirnov V.N. Ways to improve the design of sus-pended conveyors for automated production. Nauch-no-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbGTU [St. Petersburg Polytechnic University Journal], 2006, no. 2 (44), pp. 160-172. (In Russ.)

7. Kogut A.T. Parametric identification and assessment of adequacy of dynamic models of a processing ma-chine. Omskiy nauchny vestnik [Omsk Scientific Bul-letin], 2006, no. 2 (35), pp. 103-106. (In Russ.)

8. Moshonkin N.Yu. Development of a wind generator in an air duct with artificial and constant air flow. Energeticheskie sistemy [Energy Systems], 2019, no. 1, pp. 408-414. (In Russ.)

9. Burkov A.I., Matrunchik A.S. Experience in using a wind generator for an integrated power plant. Vestnik Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Stroitelstvo i arkhitektura [Bulletin of Perm National Research Polytechnic University. Construction and Architecture], 2014, no. 1, pp. 33-39. (In Russ.)

10. Popov I.P. Application of the symbolic (complex) method to study near-resonance phenomena. Journal of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability, 2020, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1053-1063. DOI: 10.3103/S1052618820120122