ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-83-94

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The method, developed by the authors for determining the parameters of the allowance distribution along main and connecting rod journals of a crankshaft forging for a heavy truck, contributes to efficient control of batches of crankshaft forgings for heavy trucks and identification of forgings that are acceptable for individual geometric parameters, but fail to provide an allowance for connecting rod journals of the crankshaft. The developed technique has a greater potential in terms of not only monitoring, but also control of the geometrical accuracy of forgings in the operations of manufacturing forgings on an automatic hot forging line. Therefore, mathematical models should be designed to control the geometric parameters of the crankshaft forging. Methods Applied. Mathematical methods of approximation of experimental graphs by power functions. Originality. For the first time, a technique has been developed to diagnose the adjustment of metal-forming equipment, correlating the adjustment offsets of metal-forming equipment of the automatic hot forging line and allowance distribution indicators for main and connecting rod journals of crankshaft forgings for heavy trucks. Results. For the first time, the authors developed the mathematical models, correlating the adjustment parameters of metal-forming equipment of the automatic line and allowance distribution parameters for main and connecting rod journals of crankshaft forgings for heavy trucks. Practical Relevance. It lies in providing control of the parameters of the allowance for main and connecting rod journals of forgings, depending on the adjustment parameters and an actual technical condition of the metal-forming equipment of the automatic hot forging line for crankshaft forgings for heavy trucks.

Keywords

crankshaft forging, hot forging, allowance distribution parameters, main and connecting rod journals, adjustment offsets of metal-forming equipment.

For citation

Safarov D.T., Chekh A.V. Identifying Adjustment Offsets of Metal-Forming Equipment to Control Geometrical Accuracy of Crankshaft Forgings for Heavy Trucks. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 83–94. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-83-94

Damir T. Safarov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Naberezhnye Chelny Institute (branch) of Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University, Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-8297-4524

Alexander V. Chekh – Director, Forging Plant of PJSC Kama Automobile Plant, Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Volodin I.M., Chekh A.V., Volodin A.I. The study on the shape change of a forging, when removing the flash. Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya mashinostroeniya: sb. nauch. tr. mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf., posvyashchennoy 60-letiyu LGTU [Problems and prospects of the development of mechanical engineering. Collection of scientific papers of the international scientific and technical conference dedicated to the 60th anniversary of LSTU]. Lipetsk, 2016, pp. 330–335. (In Russ.)

2. Martyugin A.V., Volodin I.M. Reducing the effect of deformation during flash trimming on geometric accuracy and imbalance of crankshaft forgings. Colloquium-journal, 2019, no. 26-2 (50), pp. 91–94. (In Russ.)

3. Martyugin A.V. Mathematical study on geometric accuracy of a forging during stamping to ensure subsequent balancing of the crankshaft. Nauka. Tekhnologii. Innovatsii: sb. nauch. tr. v 9-ti ch. [Science. Technologies. Innovations. Collection of scientific papers in 9 parts]. Edited by A.V. Gadyukina. Novosibirsk: NSTU, 2018, pp. 52–56. (In Russ.)

4. Martyugin A.V. Technological support for balancing crankshaft forgings for heavy trucks. Izvestiya TulGU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of TulSU. Engineering Sciences], 2014, no. 11, part 1, pp. 176–183. (In Russ.)

5. Martyugin A.V. Eliminating imbalance of crankshafts P4 outside the production lines. Budushchee nauki-2016: sb. nauch. st. 4-oy Mezhdunar. molodezh. nauch. konf.: v 4-kh t. [Future of Science-2016. Collection of scientific papers of the 4th International Youth Scientific Conference: in 4 volumes]. Edited by A.A. Gorokhov. Kursk, 2016, pp. 90–94. (In Russ.)

6. Martyugin A.V., Volodin I.M. Analysis of the results of the study on imbalance of crankshaft forgings, using a neural network. Colloquium-journal, 2019, no. 26 (50), pp. 89–94. (In Russ.)

7. Martyugin A.V., Volodin I.M., Volodin A.I., Biktimirova G.F. Design features of hot forging processes with original requirements for the quality of forgings. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii [Modern High Technologies], 2019, no. 4, pp. 41–49. (In Russ.)

8. Martyugin A.V., Volodin I.M., Volodin A.I., Biktimirova G.F. Improving the method of designing hot forging processes for crankshafts with unprocessed counterweights. Izvestiya TulGU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of TulSU. Engineering Sciences], 2020, no. 6, pp. 364–371. (In Russ.)

9. Kuzhagildin R.S., Shutova L.A. Increasing resistance of dies for hot deformation. Sotsialno-ekonomicheskie i tekhnicheskie sistemy: issledovanie, proektirovanie, optimizatsiya [Social, Economic and Technical Systems: Research, Design, Optimization], 2019, no. 1 (80), pp. 50–58. (In Russ.)

10. Matykova E.A. Modeling a stamping process of crankshaft forging in QForm 3D software. Nauka i obrazovanie [Science and Education], 2008, no. 7, p. 5. (In Russ.)

11. Myshechkin A.A., Shumilo E.A., Bosikashvili I.G. Development and improvement of the hot forming process of the gear forging by modeling in QForm software. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v elektronike i priborostroenii: sb. dokl. Rossiyskoy nauch.-tekhn. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem [Innovative technologies in electronics and instrumentation. Collection of reports of the Russian Scientific and Technical Conference with an International Participation]. Moscow, 2021, pp. 155–159. (In Russ.)

12. Fomichev A.F., Panin S.Yu. Computer research of methods for improving the quality of forgings. Metalloobrabotka [Metalworking], 2013, no. 5-6 (77-78), pp. 56–58. (In Russ.)

13. Khairullin R.A., Martemyanova O.N. Increasing durability of forging dies to manufacture crankshaft bearings. Sovremennaya nauka: teoreticheskiy i prakticheskiy vzglyad: materialy I Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Modern Science: Theoretical and Practical Outlook: Proceedings of the 1st International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Taganrog: LLC Non-State Educational Institution Vector of Science, 2014, pp. 86–89. (In Russ.)