ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-3-13-24

Abstract

Relevance of the paper. A growing demand for non-ferrous metals is a reason for searching for ways of making up the deficit in minerals; therefore, research aimed at its strengthening are currently important and promising. Objective. A priority for developing mining operations is the introduction of the best available technologies to increase the value of the Russian mining industry in the global market. The paper is aimed at systemizing data on practical steps taken to convert to advanced systems of mining, including metal leaching in underground blocks of ore deposits in the North Caucasus. Methods Applied. To systemize historical data on practical steps taken to recover metals by applying technologies with ore leaching in underground blocks and building a learning curve of such advanced technology. Originality. By providing a rationale for efficiency of leaching technologies in the North Caucasus, we form a new data bank to use available opportunities of introducing into production stocks deemed to be off-grade for a conventional technology. Findings. The paper contains a historical background in learning technologies of mining non-ferrous metals in the largest Caucasian deposits in Russia. It provides detailed information about the attempts to mine balance reserves of the complete Kakadur deposit for the first time in the world. The authors analyzed the systems of mining with leaching in options of ore crushing and natural permeability of solutions applied at Beshtaugorsk and Bykogorsk uranium deposits. They stated information about experimental mining of metals from mine water discharges as a product of underground block leaching. A chronology of the underground block leaching is interpreted in a table. The conditions for the underground block leaching are stated and efficiency of the technology under study is assessed. Practical Relevance. Getting acquainted with experience of leaching technologies is a prerequisite to an overall improvement of operation performance of companies.

Keywords

Ore, metals, reserves, underground blocks, technology, leaching, efficiency.

For citation

Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Dmitrak Yu.V., Gabaraev O.Z. Experience of Metal Leaching in Underground Blocks of Ore Deposits in the North Caucasus. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 13–24. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-3-13-24

Vladimir I. Golik – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Professor of the Mining Department, South-Russian State Polytechnic University; Chief Researcher, Geophysical Institute, Vladikavkaz Research Center, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novocherkassk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Yury I. Razorenov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Rector, South-Russian State Polytechnic University, Novocherkassk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Yury V. Dmitrak – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Rector, North Caucasian State Technological University, Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Oleg Z. Gabaraev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Mining Department, North Caucasian State Technological University, Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Golik V.I., Gabaraev O.Z., Maslennikov S.A., Khasheva Z.M., Shulgaty L.P. The provision of development conversion perspectives into undeground one for Russian iron ore deposits development. The Social Sciences (Pakistan), 2016, vol. 11, no. 18, pp. 4348–4351.

2. Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Karginov K.G. The basis of sustainable development of North Ossetia-Alania is a mining industry. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable development of mountain territories], 2017, vol. 9, no. 2 (32), pp. 163–171. (In Russ.)

3. Adams M.D. Gold ore processing project development and operations. 2nd ed. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2016, 980 p.

4. Heap leaching technology - current state, innovations, and future directions: A review. Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Review, 2016, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 73–119.

5. Selective leaching of nickel and cobalt from limonitic laterite using phosphoric acid: An alternative for value-added processing of laterite. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, vol. 189, pp. 620–626.

6. Selective leaching of valuable metals from laterite nickel ore with ammonium chloride hydrochloric acid solution. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, vol. 179, pp. 24–30.

7. Atmospheric acid leaching mechanisms and kinetics and rheological studies of a low-grade saprolitic nickel laterite ore. Hydrometallurgy, 2016, vol. 160, pp. 26–37.

8. Golik V.I., Komashchenko V.I. Ferruginous quartzite tailings as a raw material for an additional recovery of metals and their use as filling mixtures. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2017, no. 3, pp. 43–47. (In Russ.)

9. Emelianenko E.A., Rylnikova M.V., Gorbatova E.A., Yagudina Yu.R. Improving the processing technology of tennantite-containing ores of copper-sulphide deposits of the Urals. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2016, no. 12, pp. 65–72. (In Russ.)

10. Golik V.I., Komashchenko V.I., Stradanchenko S.G., Maslennikov S.A. Improving the completeness of the use of mineral resources through a deep recovery of coal waste. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2012, no. 9, pp. 91–95. (In Russ.)

11. Gavrishev S.E., Kornilov S.N., Pytalev I.A., Gaponova I.V. Improving the economic efficiency of mining enterprises through the involvement of man-made geo-resources in operation. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2017, no. 12, pp. 46–51. (In Russ.)

12. Golik V.I., Lukyanov V.G., Khasheva Z.M. Justification of the possibility and feasibility of using ore dressing tailings for manufacturing hardening mixtures. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov. [Bulletin of Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo-Resource Engineering], 2015, vol. 326, no. 5, pp. 6–14. (In Russ.)

13. Pleshko M., Pankratenko A., Revyakin A., Shchekina E., Kholodova S. New technologies of underground structures in the framework of restrained urban conditions. E3S Web Conference 2018, no. 02036.

14. Komashchenko V.I., Golik V.I., Belin V.A., Gaponenko A.L. Improving the efficiency of breaking up by explosives based on new methods for initiating borehole charges in open pits. Gorny informatsionno-analitichesky byulleten (nauchno-tekhnichesky zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal)], 2014, no. 9, pp. 293–304. (In Russ.)

15. Dmitrak Yu.V., Logacheva V.M., Podkolzin A.A. Geophysical forecasting of a broken condition and watering of a rock massif. Gorny informatsionno-analitichesky byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin], 2006, no. 11, pp. 35–36. (In Russ.)

16. Zaalishvili V.B., Melkov D.A., Dzeranov B.V., Morozov F.S., Tuaev G.E. Integrated instrumental monitoring of hazardous geological processes under the Kazbek volcanic center. (2018) International Journal of GEOMATE, 15 (47), pp. 158–163.

17. Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I., Gavrina O.A., Revazov V.Ch. System analysis of power consumption by nonferrous metallurgy enterprises based on rank modeling of individual technocenosis castes. MATEC Web of Conferences. The 14th International Scientific Technical Conference Dynamic of Technical Systems (DTS-2018), 2018, vol. 226.

18. Khomenko O. E., Lyashenko V. I. Geodynamic safety when increasing the depth of underground mining of ore deposits. Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2018, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 4–12.

19. Bikbaeva G.A., Orekhova N.N., Kulikova E.A. The use of clinker in the integrated technology for processing industrial waste from mining and metallurgical enterprises. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 2 (42), pp. 22–25. (In Russ.)

20. Kalmykov V.N., Petrova O.V., Yanturina Yu.D. Evaluation of technological reserves to ensure sustainable development of the mining system in underground mining of ore deposits. Gorny informatsionno-analitichesky byulleten (nauchno-tekhnichesky zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal)]. Stand-alone papers (special issue), 2014, no. 10, pp. 69–77. (In Russ.)