ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The beginning of new tailings storage sites pioneering has been caused by the exhaustion of the existing tailing dump capacity at Uchalinsky Mining and Processing Plant. As a result of the necessity for the forthcoming Uchalinsky quarry restoration the possibility of using quarry bowls with a large amount of waste area was studied. However, the draught from the dam pond zone, which will be formed in the current tailings discharging into the quarry bowl, will be hampered due to the lack of access to its early levels. Therefore, it was decided to thicken the pulp to pasty-like conditioning before storing.

To develop pasty pulp storage technique the physical and mechanical properties of thickened tailings have been estimated and filling solid mass characteristics were identified. It has been found that thickened pulp yields only a part of gravity wafer and it does not lose their flow properties and is subject to the yielding even in substantial thickening.

Keywords

Deposit, paste, quarry, condensation, spreading corner, water yield, water production, flocculant, mudding, physical and mechanical properties.

Zoteev Oleg Vadimovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Institute of mining of the Ural office of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Yekaterinburg, Russia. Phone: 8(922)208-69-84. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kalmykov Vyacheslav Nikolaevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: 8(3519)29-84-61, 29-84-66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Gogotin Alexey Anatolyevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: 8(3519)29-84-61, 29-84-66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Zubkov Anton Anatolyevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: 8(3519)29-84-61, 29-84-66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Zubkov Artem Anatolyevich – Postgraduate Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: 8(3519)29-84-61, 29-84-66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Gavrishev S.E., Pytalev I.A., Zalyadnov V.U., Pavlova E.V. Opredelenie cenosti tehnogennih georesursov. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova. [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Univeersity]. 2010, no. 2(30). pp. 5-8.

2. Zakladka otrabotannogo prostrsnstva Uchalinskogo kar’ra tverdeyushimi smesyami na osnove othodov obogasheniya: Tehnologicheskii reglament [Bookmark the waste of space Uchalinskoe career hardening mixtures based on tailings: Production schedules] Magnitogorsk, 2011.

3. Emelianenko E.A., Angelov V.A., Emelianenko M.M. Razrabotka sposoba formirovaniya tehnogennoya obrazovaniya iz hvostov obogasheniya medno-kolchedannih rud c zadnimy structurnimy kharakteristicami. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova. [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Univeersity]. 2012, no. 1, рр. 13-16.

4. Zoteev V.G., Zoteev O.V., Nizamutdinova E.O. Otcenka fizico-mechicheskih svoistv nesvyaznih gruntov, ispolzuemih pri stroitelstve I rekonsryksii zemlenih plotin granylometrichekomy sostavy. Vodnoe hozjajstvo Rossii. [Water economy of Russia]. 2006, no. 3, pp. 3-25.

5. Zoteev V.G., Zoteev O.V., Kosterova T.K., Tagiltsev S.N., Oslamenko V.V. Gidrogeologicheskie i geomehanicheskie usloviya formirovaniya hvostochranileshaha v Glavnom karyere Visokogorskogo GOKa. Mining Journal, 1995, no. 5, pp. 111-121.