ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

An approximate analytical calculation of temperature changes in the radial rib in case of radiant heat transfer on its surface is prepared. The proposed method is based on higher and lower estimate of the required temperature field. The authors use an integral linearizing transformation which contributes to a significant decrease in the effect of a linear component in the original differential equation. It is rather easy to evaluate maximum and minimum temperature along the rib radius using the resulted analytical expressions. The calculations use modified Bessel functions, whose numeric values are tabulated in detail. According to the calculations, a difference in limit temperature values is minor even at increased values of the Stark radiation number. A temperature arithmetic mean of limit temperatures is rather close to a real one.

Keywords

Temperature field, radiant heat transfer, radial ribbed surface, analytical method, modified Bessel functions.

Vidin Yury Vladimirovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Professor, Siberian Federal University, Russia.

Kazakov Roman Vladimirovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Kern D., Kraus A. Razvitye poverkhnosti teploobmena [Developed heat exchange surfaces]. Moscow: Energiya, 1977, 461 p.

2. Vidin Yu.V. Inzhenernye metody rascheta protsessov teploobmena [Engineering methods of calculating heat transfer processes]. Krasnoyarsk: KrPI, 1974, 145 p.

3. Vidin Yu V. Inzhenernye metody teploprovodnosti [Engineering methods of thermal conductivity]. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk State University, 1992, 96 p.

4. Kamke E. Spravochnik po obyknovennym differentsialnym uravneniyam [Handbook of ordinary differential equations]. Moscow: Nauka, 1976, 576 p.

5. Vidin Yu.V. Krankiy spravochnik po teplomassoobmenu [Quick reference guide for heat and mass transfer]. Krasnoyarsk: Siberian Federal University, 2007, 170 p.

6. Abramovits M., Stigan I. Spravochnik po spetsialnym funktsiyam [Handbook of special functions]. Moscow: Nauka, 1979, 830 p.

7. Segal B.I., Semendyaev K.A. Pyatiznachnye matematicheskie tablitsy [Five-figure mathematical tables]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe izdatelstvo fiziko-matematicheskoy literatury, 1962, 450 p.

8. Gradshtein I.S., Ryzhik I.M. Tablitsy integralov, summ, ryadov i proizvedeniy [Tables of integrals, sums, series and products]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe izdatelstvo fiziko-matematicheskoy literatury, 1963, 1100 p.