ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

It is established that steel 06G2FB with the ferrite-bainite structure tends to strain aging to a noticeable extent. Development of strain aging is accompanied by a signif-icant growth of the strength, a marked decrease in uniform relative elongation, speed of deformation hardening and increase in the temperature of the ductile-brittle transition.

Keywords

Low-carbon pipe steel, strain aging, ferrite, bainite, mechanical properties.

Varnak Olga Vasilievna – Lead Engineer, the Russian Research Institute of the Tube & Pipe Industries Open Joint Stock Company, Chelyabinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ilyin Sergey Ivanovich – Ph.D. (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, South Ural State University (Na-tional Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Pyshmintsev Igor Yurievich – D.Sc. (Eng), General Director, the Russian Research Institute of the Tube & Pipe Industries Open Joint Stock Company, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Smirnov Mikhail Anatolievich – D.Sc. (Eng), Professor, South Ural State University (National Research Univer-sity), Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Teterkin Sergey Nikolaevich – Shift Foreman, OJSC Mechel, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

1. Odessky P.D. About degradation of properties of steels for metal constructions. Zavodskaya laboratoriya [Factory laboratory]. 2003, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 41–49.

2. Smirnov M.A., Pyshmintsev I.Yu., Boryakova A.N. Revisiting the classification of low-carbon pipe steel microstructures. Metallurg [Metallurgist]. 2010, no. 7, pp. 45–51.

3. Schastlivtsev V.M., Tabatchikova T.I., Yakovleva I.L., Kruglova A.A., Khlusova E.I., Orlov V.V. Features of the bainite structure in low-carbon welded pipe steels after thermomechanical treatment. Voprosy materialovedeniya [Issues of materials science]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 26–38.

4. Mishetyan A.R., Filippov G.A., Morozov Yu.D., Chevskaya O.N. Strain aging and properties of low-alloyed pipe steels. Problemy chernoj metallurgii i materiallovedeniya [Problems of ferrous metallurgy and materials science]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 12–19.

5. Gul Yu.P. Influence of carbon and nitrogen on hardening and brittle behavior at aging of low-carbon steel. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metallurgy and heat treatment of metals]. 1975, no 7, pp. 8–12.

6. Babich V.K., Gul Yu.P., Dolzhenkov I.E. Deformatsionnoe starenie stali [The strain aging of steel]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1972, 320 p.

7. Golovanenko S.A., Fonshtein N.M. Dvukhfaznye nizkolegirovannye stali [Dual-phase low-alloyed steels]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1986, 207 p.