ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper shows the possibility of making an aluminum-based porous material through the implementation of the most efficient scheme of processing chip production waste, excluding their remelting. It is based on techniques that are typical of the processes of powder metallurgy and metal forming, as well as on the basic principles laid down in the technology of foam aluminum production. A level of achieved mechanical characteristics and the nature of the formed structure of the material were assessed.

Keywords

Aluminum chips, production waste, mechanical alloying, briquetting, hot extrusion, foaming, porosity, mechanical properties, structure.

Zagirov Nikolay Nailich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (391) 206-37-31. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kovaleva Angelina Adolfovna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (391) 206-36-75. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Olkhovik Aleksey Yakovlevich – Master’s Degree Student, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (391) 206-37-31.

Koval Olga Evgenievna – Student, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (391) 206-36-75.

References

1. Zagirov N.N., Sidelnikov S.B., Ivanov E.V., Anikina V.I. The study of the structure and properties of deformed semi-finished products made from shovelling aluminum-magnesium-silicon alloy chips. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnich-eskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2010, no. 2, pp. 50-56.

2. Kovaleva A.A., Anikina V.I., Zagirov N.N. Analysis of the formation of structural zones in chip materials produced from the AD31 alloy by metal forming. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya [Engineering and technology]. 2014, no. 7(3), pp. 304-308.

3. Sidelnikov S.B., Dovzhenko N.N., Zagirov N.N. Kombinirovannye i sovmeshhennye metody obrabotki tsvetnykh metallov i splavov: monografiya [Combined methods of treatment of nonferrous metals and alloys: a monograph]. Moscow: MAKS Press, 2005, 344 p.

4. Ivanov D.O., Aksenov A.A., Ivanov А.А. Research and model-ing of foam aluminum produced from recycled aluminum raw materials using a method of mechanical alloying. Izvestiya vuzov. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya [News of universities. Nonferrous metallurgy], 2007, no. 6, pp.56-61.