ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-4-129-136

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). Machine designs may contain composite parts with a hole. A triangular or square hole in the blank leads to corresponding shape errors during subsequent processing due to the “copying” of these errors at roughing, semi-finishing and finishing stages. A main objective is to ensure the accuracy of processing holes in composite parts, since the hole is then used as a main assembly base for various connections, inserts and other elements of assemblies and mechanisms. Methods Applied: Analysis of the reasons for hole faceting using a system of radial-static mathematical models. Experimental testing of the calculation results in the processing of holes using measurement rotary end-cutting tools. Originality: A system of mathematical models has been developed for the processes of forming holes with single-sided cutting tools, which include gun drills and countersinks. The calculations of drilling and countersinking processes according to these models made it possible to clarify the angles of location of the support cams of the gun drill and showed that the subsequent use of a 3-blade countersink significantly reduced the error in the shape of the hole being formed. Result. The authors proposed measures aimed at eliminating disadvantages of the existing technological process and the cutting tool used, such as the use of a drill bushing, changing the design and geometric parameters of the working part of the cutting tool. This contributed to forming more accurate holes. Practical Relevance. The measures have been developed to improve the accuracy of the assembly unit consisting of composite parts.

Keywords

composite part, hole shape accuracy, mathematical model, end measurement tools

For citation

Kozlov A.V., Deryabin I.P., Vereshchagin V.S., Platov S.I., Kurguzov S.A., Terentyev D.V., Zvyagina E.Yu. Im-provement of Hole Shape Accuracy in Composite Parts. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 129-136. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-4-129-136

Alexander V. Kozlov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Branch of South Ural State University, Zlatoust, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Igor P. Deryabin – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Branch of South Ural State University, Zlatoust, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Vladimir S. Vereshchagin – student, Branch of South Ural State University, Zlatoust, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-5796-9363

Sergey I. Platov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sergey A. Kurguzov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Dmitry V. Terentev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Elena Yu. Zvyagina – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Kosilova A.G., Meshcheryakova R.K. Spravochnik tekhnologa-mashinostroitelya: v 2 t. [Machinery’s handbook: in 2 volumes]. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 1985, vol. 2, 496 p. (In Russ.)

2. Kozlov A.V., Deryabin I.P. Issledovanie protsessov formoobrazovaniya otverstiy mernymi instrumentami: monografiya [Research on processes of forming holes with measurement tools: monograph]. Chelyabinsk: Publishing House of South Ural State University, 2006, 251 p. (In Russ.)

3. Akhtarov D.R. Research on accuracy of hole machining in composite parts. Molodezhny nauchny forum. XII Vuzovskaya nauchno-issledovatelskaya konferentsiya [Youth Scientific Forum. The 12th University Research Conference]. Trekhgorny, 2020, pp. 18-24. (In Russ.)

4. Lakirev S.G., Khilkevich Ya.M., Kozlov A.V. Mathematical modeling of accuracy when machining deep holes with end measurement tools. Progressivnaya tekhnologiya obrabotki glubokikh otverstiy: sb. tez. dokl. 7-y Vsesoyuznoy konf. [Advanced technology of machining deep holes: collection of abstracts of the 7th All-Union Conference]. Moscow: Informatics, 1991, pp. 21-24. (In Russ.)

5. Platov S.I., Ogarkov N.N., Terentev D.V., Zhelezkov O.S., Rubanik V.V., Vassal J.P. Development of theory and technology of designing machines, units and tools in forming and cutting processes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, vol.1, no. 1, pp. 112-115. (In Russ.)

6. Deryabin I.P., Tokarev A.S. Reducing the labor intensity of hole machining by increasing the ac-curacy of countersinking operations with precast tools. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstven-nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Noso-va [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Tech-nical University], 2021, vol.19, no. 4, pp. 107-115. (In Russ.)

7. Lakirev S.G., Khilkevich Ya.M., Kozlov A.V. Sposob mnogoprokhodnoy obrabotki otverstiy [Method of hole multiple-pass machining]. Au-thor’s certificate USSR, no. 1373484, 1988.

8. Lakirev S.G., Khilkevich Ya.M., Kozlov A.V., Chinenov S.G. Sposob obrabotki nekruglykh valov i otverstiy i ustroystvo dlya ego osushchestvleniya [Method of machining out-of-round shafts and holes and the relevant tool]. Author’s certificate USSR, no. 1827331, 1993.

9. Lakirev S.G., Khilkevich Ya.M., Kozlov A.V., Chinenov S.G. Sposob obrabotki nekruglykh valov [Method of machining out-of-round shafts]. Author’s certificate USSR, no. 1579636, 1990.

10. Vorona V.V., Lakirev S.G., Maksimov S.P., Chinenov S.G., Chinenova T.P. Sposob obrabotki nekruglykh otverstiy v vide ekvidis-tanty «treugolnika Relo» [Method of machining out-of-round holes in the form of a cutter center path of a Reuleaux triangle]. Author’s certificate USSR, no. 2243863, 2005.

11. Kozlov A.V., Platov S.I., Zvyagina E.Yu. et al. Development of an adjustable boring bar for hole machining. Tyazheloe mashinostroenie [Heavy Engineering], 2021, no. 10, pp. 16-19. (In Russ.)

12. Zaides S.A. New methods of surface plastic de-formation, when manufacturing machine parts. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Tech-nical University], 2018, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 129-139. DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2018-16-3-129-139