ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-105-111

Abstract

Problem Statement. During operation, the components and elements of forging machines for various purposes are exposed to time-varying loads, which is associated with the nature of the interaction of the tool with the processed metal. Dynamic calculations of forging machine designs allow us to assess the nature and magnitude of these loads, to calculate the machine parts for fatigue strength by determining the reserve coefficients for the acting stresses. In case of obtaining low calculated values of the reserve coefficients, there is a need to adjust either the technological mode of metal processing or, which is more often, to change the design of the forging machine. By changing the geometry, weight of parts, etc. in some cases, it is possible to reduce the load of the forging machine components and thereby increase reliability and durability of its operation, reduce the metal consumption of the equipment. Therefore, the topic of this paper, which consists in finding rational geometric parameters of levers of a lever radial forging machine, is relevant. Methods Applied. To find the values of the moments from the technological load, acting during forging on the levers of the radial forging machine with strikers fixed on them, the problem of determining the force of forging bars was solved, using a method of joint solution of approximate equations of equilibrium and ductility of metal in the deformation center. Then the authors developed a dynamic model of the drive, compiled a system of differential equations, describing dynamics of the lever radial forging machine drive for each of the branches, and implemented the solution. Results. The results of the solution are used to find the dynamic coefficients of the loads, acting on the levers of the radial forging machine, and the reserve coefficients for the stresses, acting in the body of each of the levers at different values of their geometric parameters. Practical Relevance. The studies carried out and described in the presented paper made it possible to determine the rational geometric parameters of the levers of the radial forging machine. The use of these parameters in practice will reduce the dynamic loads, acting on the levers, increase their durability and reduce the metal consumption of the structure.

Keywords

radial forging, radial forging machine, drive dynamics, dynamic coefficient, reserve coefficient.

For citation

Nekrasov I.I., Parshin V.S., Fedulov A.A. Choosing Rational Geometry Parameters of Levers for a Radial Forging Machine. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 105–111. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-105-111

Igor I. Nekrasov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Vladimir S. Parshin – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia.

Artem A. Fedulov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Karamyshev A.P., Nekrasov I.I., Parshin V.S., Systerov V.A. Preparation of pipe ends before drawing on the AVS radial forging machine. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2008, no. 9, pp. 40–41. (In Russ.)

2. Karamyshev A.P., Nekrasov I.I., Parshin V.S., Fedulov A.A., Nesterenko A.V., Smirnov S.V., Shveykin V.P., Vichuzhanin D.I. Study of strain hardening and damage of workpieces made of heavy alloys based on tungsten. Nanotekhnologii funktsionalnykh materialov (NFM-16): tr. mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Nanotechnologies of Functional Materials (NFM ' 16): Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference]. In 2 volumes. Saint Petersburg: Publishing House of Polytechnic University, 2016, vol. 2, pp. 148–153. (In Russ.)

3. Nekrasov I.I., Fedulov A.A., Parshin V.S. Determining inhomogeneity of deformation, when forging rods on a lever radial forging machine. Zagotovitelnye proizvodstva v mashinostroenii [Blank production in mechanical engineering], 2020, no. 3, pp. 115–118. (In Russ.)

4. Radyuchenko Yu.S. Rotatsionnoe obzhatie [Rotary swaging]. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 1972, 176 p. (In Russ.)

5. Zakarlyukin S.I., Koval G.I. Pipe production by hot reducing on SSK-14 radial-forging machine. Chernaya metallurgiya. Byulleten nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i ekonomicheskoy informatsii [Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economic Information], 2019, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 242–246. (In Russ.)

6. Jianglin Huang, Carl D. Slater, Anap Mandral, Paul Blackwell. A dynamic model for simulation of hot radial forging process. International Conference on the Technology of the Plasticity. ICTP 2017. Cambridge. United Kingdom, 2017, pp. 479–483.

7. Chalova M.Yu., Mishin A.V., Shepelina P.V. Osnovy dinamiki mashin: ucheb. posobie [Fundamentals of machine dynamics: study guide]. Part 1. Moscow: RUT (MIIT), 2017, 81 p. (In Russ.)

8. Wulfson I.I. Kratkiy kurs teorii mekhanicheskikh kolebaniy [A short course in the theory of mechanical vibrations]. Moscow: VNTR, 2017, 241 p. (In Russ.)

9. Vanin V.A., Kolodin A.N., Odnolko V.G. Raschet i issledovanie dinamicheskikh kharakteristik privodov metallorezhushchikh stankov: ucheb. posobie [Calculation and research of dynamic characteristics of drives of metal-cutting machines: study guide]. Tambov: Publishing House of TSTU, 2012, 120 p. (In Russ.)

10. Ivanchenko F.K., Polukhin P.I., Tylkin M.A., Polukhin V.P. Dinamika i prochnost prokatnogo oborudovaniya: ucheb. posobie [Dynamics and strength of rolling equipment: study guide]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1970, 487 p. (In Russ.)

11. Fedosiev V. I. Soprotivlenie materialov: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Strength of Materials: textbook for universities]. Moscow: Publishing House of Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2018, 542 p. (In Russ.)

12. Pisarenko G.S., Yakovlev A.P., Matveev V.V. Spravochnik po soprotivleniyu materialov [Handbook on strength of materials]. Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1988, 736 p. (In Russ.)