ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): The use of aluminum and its alloys as structural materials is due to their corrosion resistance. Aluminum-magnesium alloys have high corrosion resistance in atmospheric and marine conditions, in alkaline solutions and low density acid solutions, and good machining properties. The corrosion resistance of these alloys significantly exceeds the resistance of cast alloys of other aluminum-based systems. A main reason for high corrosion resistance of aluminum-magnesium alloys in various solutions is the formation of a hydrate film that delays the corrosion process. High strength of the alloys of this system is explained by an increase in the distortion of the crystal lattice with an increase in the magnesium content in the solid solution. To improve the corrosion and mechanical properties, aluminum-magnesium alloys are supplemented with additives of various metals. One of the most important characteristics of aluminum-magnesium alloys is heat capacity. Measurement of heat capacity and its temperature dependence play a major role in studies on alloys. There is no information in the literature on the effect of indium additives on the heat capacity of the AMg2 aluminum-magnesium alloy. Objective: study of the temperature dependence of the thermophysical properties and thermodynamic functions of the AMg2 aluminum-magnesium alloy with indium. Methods Used: There are many described methods for measuring the heat capacity of solids. In this paper we use the method of comparing the cooling curves of the reference and test samples in the "cooling" mode using a copper standard (Cu grade M00) in the range of 300-800 K. Novelty: For the first time, the effect of indium additives on the thermophysical properties and changes in the thermodynamic functions of the AMg2 aluminum-magnesium alloy was studied. Findings: We identified mathematical models describing the temperature dependence of the heat capacity of the AMg2 alloy on the indium content and changes in their thermodynamic functions in the indicated temperature range. As a result of the studies, it was shown that with increasing temperature the heat capacity, enthalpy and entropy of the alloys increase, and the value of the Gibbs energy decreases. Additives of indium in the AMg2alloy slightly reduce the value of these functions. Practical Relevance: The obtained characteristics of the thermophysical properties and thermodynamic functions of the AMg2 aluminum-magnesium alloy with indium will be added to the corresponding handbooks of thermophysics of materials and may be used in the design of parts and machines from these alloys.

Keywords

AMg2 aluminum alloy, indium, heat capacity, “cooling” mode, enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs energy.

Izatullo N. Ganiev – DrSc (Chem.), Academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, Professor Osimi Tajik Technical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Khilola Ya. Sharipova – Senior Lecturer Khatlon State Medical University. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Khaydar O. Odinazoda – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Corresponding Member, the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, Rector Osimi Tajik Technical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Nasim F. Ibrokhimov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor Osimi Tajik Technical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Nargis I. Ganieva – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor Osimi Tajik Technical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Ibrokhimov N.F., Ganiev I.N., Odinaev Kh.O. Fizikokhimiya splava AMg2 s redkozemelnymi metallami [Physicochemistry of AMg2 alloy with rare earth metals]. Dushanbe: Osimi TTU, 2016, 153p. (In Russ.)

2. Umarova T.M., Ganiev I.N. Korroziya dvoinykh alyuminiyevykh splavov v neitralnykh sredakh [Corrosion of double aluminum alloys in neutral media]. Dushanbe: Donish, 2007, 258p. (In Russ.)

3. Sanad S.H., Ismail A.A. Corrosion of Al-Mg alloys in sodium chloride solution. Corros. Prev. and Contr., 1982, 29, no. 5, pp. 21–23.

4. Rohlfs U., Kaiser H., Kaesche H. Metallkundliche und elektronische Untersuchungen über die interkristalline Korrosion an einer AlMg‐9,56 Knetlegierung. Werkst. und Korros., 1979, 30, no. 8, pp. 529–535.

5. Cherepakhova G.L., Shreider A.V. Study of the effect of cooling water ions on pitting corrosion of the Al-Mg alloy. Zhurnal prikladnoy khimii [Journal of Applied Chemistry], 1972, vol. 45, iss. 9, pp. 1958–1963. (In Russ.)

6. Ahmed Zaki. Corrosion and corrosion prevention of Al – alloys in desalination planets: a review. Solution. Anti-Corros. Meth. And Mater., 1981, 28, no. 6, pp. 4–7.

7. Muller I.L., Galvele J.R. Pitting potential of high purity binary aluminum alloys. Corros. Sci., 1977, 17, no. 12, pp. 995–1007.

8. Kirov S.A., Saletsky A.M., Kharabadze D.E. Izuchenie yavleniya perenosa v vozdukhe. Opisanie zadachi #219 obshchego fizicheskogo praktikuma "Molekulyarnaya fizika" Fizicheskogo fakulteta MGU [Study of airborne transport phenomena. Task description No. 219 of the general workshop on physics "Molecular Physics" at the Physics Department of MSU]. Moscow: OOP Physics Department of MSU, 2013, 22 p. (In Russ.)

9. Matveev A.N. Molekulyarnaya fizika [Molecular physics]. Moscow: Binom, 2010, pp. 321–333. (In Russ.)

10. Sivukhin D.V. Obshchiiy kurs fiziki [General course on physics]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2006, 544 p. (In Russ.)

11. Kikoin A.K., Kikoin I.K. Molekulyarnaya fizika [Molecular physics]. Moscow: Lan, 2008, 480 p. (In Russ.)

12. Ganiev I.N., Safarov A.G., Odinaev F.R., Yakubov U.Sh., Kabutov K. Temperature dependence of heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AZh4.5 alloy with tin. Izvestiya vuzov. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya [Izvestiya. Non-ferrous metallurgy], 2019, no. 1, pp. 50–58. (In Russ.)

13. Azimov Kh.Kh., Ganiev I.N., Amonov I.T., Ibrokhimov N.F. The effect of lithium on heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AZh2.18 aluminum alloy. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2018, vol.16, no. 1, pp. 37–44. (In Russ.)

14. Nazarov Sh.A., Ganiev I.N., Ganieva N.I., Calliari I. Microstructure and mechanical properties of Al + 6% Li alloy with rare earth metals. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2017, vol.15, no. 2, pp. 63–68. (In Russ.)

15. Ganiev I.N., Yakubov U.Sh., Sangov M.M., Safarov A.G. The effects of calcium on the temperature dependence of specific heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AZh5K10 aluminum alloy. Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Kazan Technological University], 2018, vol. 21, no. 8, pp.11–15. (In Russ.)

16. Ganiev I.N., Niyozov O.Kh., Safarov A.G., Mulloeva N.M. The effect of strontium on heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the SSu3 lead alloy. Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo instituta (tekhnologicheskogo universiteta) [Bulletin of the Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology (Technical University)], 2018, no. 47(73), pp. 36–42. (In Russ.)

17. Ganiev I.N., Otadzhonov S.E., Ibrokhimov N.F., Makhmudov M. Temperature dependence of heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AKlM2 alloy doped with strontium. Izvestiya vuzov. Materialy elektronnoy tekhniki [News of universities. Materials of electronics engineering], 2018, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 35–42. (In Russ.)

18. Yakubov U.Sh., Ganiev I.N., Makhmadizoda M.M., Safarov A.G., Ganieva N.I. The effect of strontium on the temperature dependence of specific heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AZh5K10 alloy. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta tekhnologii i dizaina. Seriya estestvennykh nauk [Vestnik of St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design. Series: Natural sciences], 2018, no. 3, pp. 61–67. (In Russ.)

19. Esanov N.R., Ganiev I.N., Hakimov A.Kh., Ibrokhimov N. F. The influence of yttrium on specific heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of the AZh2.18 alloy. Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya tekhnika i tekhnologii [Proceedings of South-West State University. Series Technics and Technologies], 2018, vol. 8, no. 2 (27), pp.75–84. (In Russ.)

20. Umarov M.A., Ganiev I.N. Temperature dependence of heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of C2 lead]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN [Izvestia of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2018, vol.20, no. 1, pp. 23–29. (In Russ.)

21. Mulloeva N.M., Ganiev I.N., Eshov B.B. Aminbekova M.S. Temperature dependence of heat capacity and changes in thermodynamic functions of alloys of the Pb-Ba system]. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta tekhnologii i dizaina. [Vestnik of St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design], 2018, no. 2, pp. 69–75. (In Russ.)

22. Zinoviev V.E. Teplofizicheskie svoystva metallov pri visokikh temperaturakh [Thermophysical properties of metals at high temperatures]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1989, 384 p. (In Russ.)