ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-2-33-40

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The article presents an assessment of reliability of mine hoisting machines equipped with various drive systems used in underground mining and drilling of shafts of mines under construction, which is undoubtedly a currently relevant task due to constantly increasing depths and length of underground workings associated with a decrease in the concentration of a useful component in ores. Objectives. The study aims at analyzing possible solutions applied to modernize the shaft hoisting drive system by a preliminary analysis of its reliability and lifetime. Methods Applied. The research uses methods of numerical calculation of reliability, failure rate of elements of hoisting units, a graphical analysis of main parameters of reliability to assess a reasonable selection of a lift drive system. Originality. The authors developed a method for calculating reliability of drives of hoisting units and their main parameters, carried out an element-by-element analysis of the failure rate, and gave recommendations. Result. The developed methodology will be useful in designing headframes for great depths of development and penetration of subsoil. The authors have studied a problem of reliability of the main drive systems of mine hoisting machines, whose solution will make it possible to more carefully consider and organize the safe operation of headframes for mining at great depths and penetrating vertical shafts of mines under construction. Practical Relevance. The study on the reliability parameters of hoisting units during operation at great depths is of practical importance, since the resulting dynamic loads on the drive of the hoisting unit are commensurate with weight of the load and the pulling element descending to the entire depth of the shaft, not taking into account the possible emergency braking modes.

Keywords

shaft hoisting unit, asynchronous drive, thyristor drive, reliability, failure rate, minerals

For citation

Kurochkin A.I., Gabbasov B.M., Podbolotov S.V., Usov I.G., Pikalov V.A., Gavrishev S.E. Increasing Efficiency of Performance Of Hoisting Units Operating at Great Depths of Shaft Sinking and in Mining Operations. Vestnik Magnito-gorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2024, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 33-40. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-2-33-40

Anton I. Kurochkin – PhD (Eng.), Head of the Department of Mining Machinery and Transport and Technological Complexes, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3287-4653

Bulat M. Gabbasov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3811-0697

Sergey V. Podbolotov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-7870-7183

Igor G. Usov – PhD (Eng.), Senior Lecturer, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-7642-3603

Viacheslav A. Pikalov – DrSc (Eng.), Head of the Department, LLC Scientific and Technical Center Geotechnology, Chelyabinsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0009-0003-9251-5190

Sergei E. Gavrishev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Development of Mineral Deposits, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Babakin V.I., Kondrashova O.G., Zaydullin A.R. A comparative analysis of energy efficiency of electric drives of winches by systems of a thyristor converter – a DC motor and a frequency converter – an asynchronous motor. Neftegazovoe delo [Petroleum Engineering]. 2012;10(1):136-139. (In Russ.)

2. Trifanov G.D., Koshkin A.P. A revised version of the Guidelines for the Audit, Adjustment and Testing of Shaft Hoisting Units. Aktualnye problemy povysheni-ya effektivnosti i bezopasnosti ekspluatatsii gor-noshakhtnogo i neftepromyslovogo oborudovaniya [Current problems of increasing efficiency and safety of the operation of mining and oilfield equipment]. 2014;1:19-24. (In Russ.)

3. Kurochkin A.I., Podbolotov S.V., Gabbasov B.M. et al. Mine hoisting machines in the technological pro-cesses of deposit development at great depths. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2020;(S38):3-15. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-11-38-3-15

4. Vagin V.S. Improvement of tunneling hoists. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining In-formation and Analytical Bulletin]. 2011;(5):214-217. (In Russ.)

5. Vagin V.S., Gurov M.Yu., Vinogradova A.V. Assess-ment of reliability of drive systems of mobile hoisting machines. Protsessy i oborudovanie metallur-gicheskogo proizvodstva [Processes and Equipment of Metallurgical Production]. 2004;(6):77-86. (In Russ.)

6. Kurochkin A.I., Filatov A.M., Podbolotov S.V. Opti-mization of dynamic processes of tunneling hoisting machines equipped with disc braking devices. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki [Natural and Technical Sciences]. 2020;(3(141)):212-214. (In Russ.)

7. Kantovich L.I., Vagin V.S. The influence of the drive system on dynamic loads of mobile tunneling hoisting machines. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika [Mining Equipment and Electromechanics]. 2012;(6):26-33. (In Russ.)

8. Kuskildin R.B., Kryuchkova Y.V. Methods of esti-mating dynamic loads on ropes of mine winding plants. Innovation-Based Development of the Mineral Resources Sector: Challenges and Prospects. Proceedings of the 11th Russian-German Raw Materials Conference, November 7-8, 2018, Potsdam. Potsdam, 2019, pp. 283-286.

9. Karpesh A.A., Vagin V.S. Assessment of the possibil-ity of using tracking control systems for the hydraulic drive of a hoisting machine when drilling shafts of mines for the extraction of natural stone. Dobycha, obrabotka i primenenie prirodnogo kamnya: sb. nauch. tr. Mezhdunar. tekhn. konf. [Mining, working and use of natural stone: Collection of research papers of the International Technical Conference]. Yekaterinburg, April 24-26, 2018. Edited by G.D. Pershin. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2018, pp. 179-182. (In Russ.)

10. Kurochkin A.I., Gabbasov B.M., Podbolotov S.V. Transition to a new method of designing suspended ropes of hoisting machines for deep mines. Sovremen-nye dostizheniya universitetskikh nauchnykh shkol: sb. dokl. nats. nauch. shkoly-konferentsii [Modern achievement of university research schools: Collection of reports of the National Scientific Workshop-Conference]. Magnitogorsk, November 23-24, 2023. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2023, vol. 8, pp. 182-185. (In Russ.)

11. Dvornik A.P., Kalintsev Yu.V., Klemba V.L., Bere-zovsky N.I. Improving reliability and safety of mine hoisting machines. Gornaya mekhanika i mashi-nostroenie [Mining Mechanics and Mechanical Engi-neering]. 2021;(1):13-20. (In Russ.)