ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-2-5-13

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The article presents the provisions of the concept of increasing an integrated approach to developing a subsoil site and sustainability of the operation of a mining enterprise with open geotechnology. The proposed concept is based on an approach to providing rationale, selecting and controlling the parameters of a mining system. It consists in the development of various areas for the exploration of the existing and emerging resource base of a subsoil site, including its production infrastructure. Ensuring sustainability of the operation of the mining system in the conditions of constantly changing market conditions is provided on the basis of flexible changes in the volume of reserves involved in the exploration, performance, quality and range of products, including man-made georesources, as well as by performing technological processes for third-party enterprises. Objectives. The research is aimed at providing a rationale for an indicator used to determine efficiency of the integrated exploration of a subsoil site and sustainability of the functioning of a mining enterprise in dynamic market conditions, when choosing the parameters of a mining system. Methods Applied. The article describes a comprehensive research method, including the analysis and scientific generalization of Russian and foreign experience in the efficient exploration of subsoil sites using open geotechnology with the formation and exploration of man-made georesources, simulation modeling of field development parameters, taking into account the formation and exploration of man-made georesources, statistical processing of research results, a system feasibility study and a structural and functional analysis. Result. To assess the integrated approach to the exploration of the subsoil site and sustainability of the operation of the mining system, the article proposes an integral indicator of mining capabilities. The developed indicator factors into the receipt of additional income from changes in the volume of reserves involved in the exploration, performance of the quarry, the quality of the extracted raw materials and the range of commercial products, including the provision of services to third-party enterprises depending on external and internal factors in the development of the mining system.

Keywords

sustainability of operation and production capacity of a mining enterprise, products of a mining enterprise, man-made georesources, parameters of the mining system

For citation

Zalyadnov V.Yu. Assessing Sustainability of the Operation of the Mining System of Open Geotechnology Based on an Integral Indicator of Mining Capabilities. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2024, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 5-13. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-2-5-13

Vadim Yu. Zalyadnov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Mineral Deposits Development, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5730-1432

1. Dadalova M.V. Controlling production capacity at industrial enterprises. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University]. 2015;(4(99)):242-247. (In Russ.)

2. Law of the Russian Federation “On subsoil” No. 2395-1 dated 21.02.1992 (as revised on 29.12.2022).

3. Burmistrov K.V., Gavrishev S.E., Osintsev N.A., Pytalev I.A. Choosing a strategy for sustainable de-velopment of the mining system using the MABAC method. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle [Izvestiya of Tula State University. Earth Sciences]. 2021;(4):268-283. (In Russ.)

4. Rakhmangulov A., Burmistrov K., Osintsev N. Selec-tion of open-pit mining and technical system's sus-tainable development strategies based on MCDM. Sustainability. 2022;14(13):8003.

5. Rylnikova M.V., Strukov K.I., Berger R.V., Esina E.N. Justification of logistical system development at Svet-linskiy open-pit mine with account for potential tran-sition to combined open cast and underground mining methods. Gornaya promyshlennost [Russian Mining Industry]. 2019;148(6):106-111. (In Russ.)

6. Ryzhov S.V., Rylnikova M.V. Providing a rationale for the structure of the gold mining plant production capacity at various stages of development of open pit mining. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo univer-siteta. Nauki o Zemle [Izvestiya of Tula State Univer-sity. Earth Sciences]. 2020;(1):458-470. (In Russ.)

7. Cheskidov V.I., Gavrilov V.L., Reznik A.V., Nemova N.A. Conditions and experience of establishing indus-trial complexes based on coal deposits of eastern re-gions of Russia. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudar-stvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023;21(4):13-22. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/ 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-4-13-22

8. Palka D., Stecuła K. Concept of technology assess-ment in coal mining. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2019;261(1):012038. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/261/1/012038

9. Trubetskoy K.N., Kaplunov D.R. Gornoe delo: Ter-minologicheskiy slovar [Mining: Dictionary of terms]. 5th ed., updated and revised. Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2016. 635 p. (In Russ.)

10. Zalyadnov V.Yu. Obosnovanie sposobov formiro-vaniya tekhnogennykh georesursov pri otkrytoy raz-rabotke zhelezorudnykh mestorozhdeniy: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Providing a rationale for methods of forming technology-related georesources during open pit mining of iron ore deposits: PhD thesis]. Magnitogorsk, 2005. 130 p.

11. Gavrishev S.E., Zalyadnov V.Yu., Pytalev I.A. Formirovanie i osvoenie tekhnogennykh georesursov. Opredelenie parametrov karerov i otvalov [Forming and exploration of technology-related georesources. Determining parameters of open pits and disposal areas]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2011. 160 p. (In Russ.)

12. Pytalev I.A. Obosnovanie parametrov otkrytoy ge-otekhnologii kompleksnogo osvoeniya krutopadayushchikh mestorozhdeniy dlya ustoychivogo razvitiya gornotekhnicheskikh sistem: dis. … d-ra tekhn. nauk [Providing a rationale for open geotechnology parameters of the integrated exploration of steep-grade deposits for sustainable development of mining systems: doctoral thesis]. Magnitogorsk: 2019. 349 p.

13. Gavrishev S.E., Zalyadnov V.Yu., Bikteeva N.S. Are-as of diversifying activities of a mining enterprise. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informa-tional and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Tech-nical Journal)]. 2018;(7):5-15. (In Russ.)

14. Zalyadnov V.Yu., Gavrishev S.E., Mikhaylova G.V., Kaderov S.S., Kovalenko N.V. Providing a rationale for the strategy of development of mining enterprises by analyzing profitability and risks of outsourcing and diversification. Gornaya promyshlennost [Russian Mining Industry]. 2021;(4):134-139. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.30686/1609-9192-2021-4-134-139

15. Trubetskoy K.N., Krasnyanskiy G.L., Khronin V.V. Proektirovanie karerov: uchebnik dlya vuzov: V 2 t. [Open pit design: textbook for universities. In 2 vol-umes]. 2nd ed., updated and revised. Moscow: Academy of Mining Sciences, 2001. Vol. 1. 519 p. (In Russ.)

16. Revazov M.A. Gornaya entsiklopediya [Encyclopedia of mining]. Ed. by E.A. Kozlovsky. Moscow: Soviet encyclopedia. 1984-1991. (In Russ.)