ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-50-57

Abstract

Statement of the problem (relevance of the research). This paper is experimental research carried out in order to produce a composite antifriction material with increased heat resistance. For this purpose, a composite nickel-based, metal-glass material was produced. As you know, when developing powder composite antifriction materials, a special attention is paid to increasing wear resistance. However, many friction units are operated at elevated temperatures for a long period of time. When developing a material that works in such conditions, in addition to wear resistance, it is necessary to take into account the long-term resistance to elevated temperature. Methods applied. In the course of the study, we used the methods of powder metallurgy, including production of powder of broken container glass (BT-1), a two-component mixture consisting of glass powder and reduced nickel powder (PNK-UT3), molding by means of a hydraulic press and subsequent sintering in a protective reducing atmosphere of hydrogen. To determine the heat resistance, we used a gravimetric research method, involving an analytical balance. To get digital models of the dependence of heat resistance on the composition of the composite material, we applied STATISTICA 10, a mathematical analysis package. Novelty. Producing a composite material with increased heat resistance, where nickel powder was used as a matrix and container glass powder was used as a reinforcing element. Result. We studied and determined the dependence of heat resistance on the chemical composition of the composite material and the method of production. Practical significance. Development of a new material with improved performance characteristics and a potential subsequent implementation in production as a material for manufacturing plain bearings.

Keywords

Heat resistance, metal-glass materials, antifriction materials, wear resistance, powder metallurgy, mathematical analysis.

For citation

Khlybov A.A., Maltsev I.M., Belyaev E.S., Getmanovsky Yu.A., Belyaeva S.S. Research on the Dependence of Heat Resistance on the Concentration of a Glass Filler in Metal-Glass Composites Based on Nickel. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 50–57. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-50-57

Alexander A. Khlybov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-6559-7819

Ilya M. Maltsev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-3464-9372

Evgeniy S. Belyaev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-6870-5558

Yuri A. Getmanovskiy – postgraduate student, teaching assistant, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-4338-3414

Sulgun S. Belyaeva – postgraduate student, teaching assistant, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-9042-1404

1. Bely A.V. Sovremennye metody i tekhnologii sozdaniya i obrabotki materialov: sb. nauch. tr. [Modern methods and technologies for producing and processing materials: collection of scientific papers]. Book 1, Materials Science. Minsk, 2018, 295 p. (In Russ.)

2. Rudskoy A.I., Baurova N.I. Technological heredity in the production and operation of structural materials. Tekhnologiya metallov [Technology of metals], 2019, no. 2, pp. 2–10. (In Russ.)

3. Manturov D.S. Methods for increasing wear resistance of metal-polymer and metal tribosystems. Vestnik RGUPS [Vestnik of Rostov State Transport University], 2020, no. 2, pp. 15–24. (In Russ.)

4. Fedorchenko I.M., Frantsevich I.N., Radomyselsky I.D. et al. Poroshkovaya metallurgiya. Materialy, tekhnologiya, svoystva, oblasti primeneniya: spravochnik [Powder metallurgy. Materials, technology, properties and areas of application: Handbook]. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka, 1985, 624 p. (In Russ.)

5. Vlasyuk R.Z., Lugovetskaya E.S., Radomyselsky I.D. Metal-glass material. Poroshkovaya metallurgiya [Powder Metallurgy], 1971, no. 5, pp. 657–660. (In Russ.)

6. Belyaev E.S., Makarov N.V., Getmanovskiy Yu.A. Influence of carbon and glass content on the hardness of metal-glass materials. Theoretical & Applied Science, 2017, no. 01 (45), pp. 160–166. (In Russ.)

7. Boytsova V.V., Kolobov M.Yu., Maksimov A.S. Manufacturing technology of powder metal-glass iron-graphite materials. Nadezhnost i dolgovechnost mashin i mekhanizmov [Reliability and Durability of Machines and Mechanisms], 2018, pp. 284–287. (In Russ.)

8. Vityaz P.A., Ilyushchenko A.F., Savich V.V. Powder metallurgy and metallurgical additive technologies. Based on the proceedings of the European Congress of Powder Metallurgy Euro PM2017. Poroshkovaya metallurgiya: resp. mezhved. sb. nauch. tr. [Powder metallurgy: the national collection of research papers. Edited by Ilyushchenko A.F. et al.]. Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2017, no. 40, pp. 5–14. (In Russ.)

9. Gnedash E.E., Akchurin T.K., Stefanenko I.V. State and prospects of the development of technologies of heat-resistant composite materials. Izvestiya VolgGTU [Journal of Volgograd State Technical University], 2018, no. 9 (219), pp. 56–61. (In Russ.)

10. Shinozaki, A., Hirai, H., Kagi, H. et al. Reaction of forsterite with hydrogen molecules at high pressure and temperature. Phys Chem Minerals, 2012, 39, 123–129.

11. Liu X.F., Chen Y., Jiang M.Q., et al. Tuning plasticity of in-situ dendrite metallic glass composites via the dendrite-volume-fraction-dependent shear banding. Mater Sci Eng-A, 2017, 680, 121–1291.

12. Pang S.J., Zhang T., Asami K., Inoue A. Synthesis of Fe-Cr-Mo-C-B-P bulk metallic glasses with high corrosion resistance. Acta Mater. 2002, 50, 489–497.

13. Yan G., Yu W., Shengping S. Oxidation protection of enamel coated Ni based superalloys: Microstructure and interfacial reaction. Corros. Sci., 2020, 173, 108760.

14. Blanter M.E. Metodika issledovaniya metallov i obrabotki opytnykh dannykh [Methods of research on metals and processing of experimental data]. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1952, 444 p. (In Russ.)