ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): It is shown in the paper that at present one of the important problems in standardization is to harmonize requirements in standards with international norms. It is caused by the necessity to increase the product competitiveness in the external market conditions. At the same time, national practice in standardization, a variety of valid standards on the same product as well as the existing structure of standards do not make it possible to fully harmonize product quality indexes which are normalized in national standards with the relevant indexes of the best world similar standards. Objectives: Development of a new concept for a standard structure which allows combining requirements of both valid national standards and international norms. Methods Applied: When developing a new concept for the standard structure, the authors used universal methods of scientific cognition: analysis and synthesis, deduction, analogy, extrapolation, abstraction. Originality: Novelty of the proposed approach is based on the development of a new procedure for creating standards taking into consideration the existing practice in the product quality indexes setting, the level of similar world quality indexes, and economical factors. Findings: The paper presents the application of the developed concept for a standard structure by the example of an interstate standard for reinforcing bars. It was shown that a basic difference in the standard structure is that the standard had two sections. The first section contains norms valid in revoked national standards. The second section includes the requirements which were harmonized with the international standards. This makes it possible for a manufacturer to choose independently such kind of a technological process for reinforcing bar production which fully corresponds with the existing process facilities. Practical Relevance: The proposed concept for arrangement of the standard structure makes it possible to take into consideration the existing national experience in the area of setting norms for product quality indexes which are to the maximum extent harmonized with the level of similar world properties.

Keywords

Standardization, national standard, Euronorms, quality indexes, setting norms, harmonization, reinforcing bars.

Sergey V. Snimshchikov – Head of the Institute of Advanced Training and Personnel Certification

Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, Moscow, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Marina A. Polyakova – DSc (Eng.), Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Aleksandr S. Limarev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Veniamin A. Kharitonov –PhD (Eng.), Professor

1. Federal Law No. 162-FZ dated 29 June 2015 “On standardization in the Russian Federation”. Moscow, 2015.

2. Sorokin E.P. Does Russia need interstate standards developed by other countries? Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2006, no. 5, pp. 28–33. (in Russ.)

3. Zazhigalkin A.V., Pankratova N.P. Industry needs international standardization. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2009, no. 6, pp. 36–39. (in Russ.)

4. A concept of development of the national standardization system of the Russian Federation till 2020. Approved by Order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1762-r dated 24 September 2012. Moscow, 2012.

5. Terentyeva R.P. Harmonized standards for products of resource-based industrial sectors. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2004, no. 10, pp. 26–29. (in Russ.)

6. Brod B.E. Estimation of the national standard harmonization level. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2010, no. 4, pp. 36–39. (in Russ.)

7. Tarasyev Yu.A., Dunaevskiy S.N. Harmonization of standards and technical regulations: what is this to be? Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2014, no. 3, pp. 34–37. (in Russ.)

8. Sergeev A.G., Teregerya V.V. Metrologiya, standartizatsiya i sertifikatsiya [Metrology, standardization and certification: textbook]. Moscow: Yurait Publishing House, 2011, 820 p. (in Russ.)

9. Lifits I.M. Standartizatsiya, metrologiya i sertifikatsiya [Standardization, metrology and certification: textbook]. 3rd ed., updated and revised. Moscow: Yurait Publishing House, 2004, 330 p. (in Russ.)

10. GOST R 1.2-2004. Standardization in the Russian Federation. National standards of the Russian Federation. Rules for development, taking over, reform and cancellation. Moscow: Standartinform, 2007, 16 p.

11. Rubin G.Sh. Kvalimetriya metiznogo proizvodstva [Qualimetry of metalware manufacturing: monograph]. Magnitogorsk: NMSTU, 2012, 167 p. (in Russ.)

12. Rubin G.Sh., Polyakova M.A. Development of the standardization scientific basics. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, no. 1, pp. 97–102. (in Russ.)

13. Sorokin E.P. On achieving a consensus, when performing activities in standardization. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2015, no. 10, pp. 50–55. (in Russ.)

14. Aronov I.Z., Zazhigalkin A.V. About a consensus in the framework of the Federal Law “On standardization in the Russian Federation”. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2016, no. 2, pp. 24–27. (in Russ.)

15. Efanova I.B. Who should develop standards? Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2016, no. 1, pp. 32–36. (in Russ.)

16. Rozental O.M. Principle of consensus: is it a factor of development or deceleration of innovations? Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2016, no. 3, pp. 40–42. (in Russ.)

17. Danilova Yu.V., Polyakova M.A., Rubin G.Sh. Reaching a consensus between consumers and manufacturers is an important stage when developing regulatory documents. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2015, no. 2 (50), pp. 79–84. (in Russ.)

18. Adler Yu.P. Consensus now! Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2016, no. 6, pp. 86–88. (in Russ.)

19. Aronov I.Z., Maksimova O.V., Zazhigalkin A.V. Research on the time necessary for consensus achievement during operation of technical committees on standardization based on regular Markov chains. Kompyuternye issledovaniya i modelirovaniye [Computer research and simulation], 2015, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 941–950. (in Russ.)

20. Zazhigalkin A.V., Aronov I.Z., Maksimova O.V. A model of consensus achievement time management in technical committees. Kompetentnost [Competence], 2015, no. 6, vol. 127, pp. 17–23. (in Russ.)

21. Aronov I.Z., Zazhigalkin A.V. Management of technical committees on standardization to achieve a consensus. Sertifikatsiya [Certification], 2014, no. 3, pp. 11–14. (in Russ.)

22. Aronov I.Z., Zazhigalkin A.V., Tolstunova T.V. Mathematical models for consensus achievement during activities of technical committees on standardization. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2014, no. 7, pp. 28-33. (in Russ.)

23. Polyakova M.A., Telegin V.E., Golubchik E.M. Analysis of requirements of standards on cold rolled steel narrow strips. Chernye metally [Ferrous Metals], 2010, no. 7, pp. 20–26. (in Russ.)

24. Danilova Yu.V., Polyakova M.A. Problems of updating existing standards on engineering fasteners. Kachestvo v obrabotke materialov [Quality in Materials Processing], 2015, no. 1 (3), pp. 34–38. (in Russ.)

25. Pugachev S.V., Samkov V.M. About the 2012 Program on harmonization of national standards in scientific/technical and industrial areas. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2008, no. 10, pp. 18–20. (in Russ.)

26. Brod B.E., Bodrova M.I. About the procedure for development and application of interstate standards. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2009, no. 11, pp. 76–77. (in Russ.)

27. Polyakova M.A. Need for development of the concept of standards of a new generation in metallurgy. Metallurgiya: tekhnologii, innovatsii, kachestvo [Metallurgy: technologies, innovations, quality]. Proceedings of the 19th International Scientific and Practical Conference. Novokuznetsk: SibSIU Publishing House, 2015, Part 1, pp. 233–236. (in Russ.)

28. GOST 5781-82. Hot rolled steel for reinforcement of ferroconcrete structures. Specifications. Moscow: Standartinform, 2006. 10 p.

29. GOST 10884-94. Thermomechanically hardened steel bars for reinforced concrete constructions. Specifications. Moscow: Standartinform, 2009. 14 p.