ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): Backfilling systems are widespread in the extraction of very valuable ores in difficult mining and geological conditions with regard to controlling rock pressure and maintaining the stability of the excavations, especially in the rockburst prone mines. Improving the composition of backfilling concrete is currently very relevant. In the production cost of mining ore with filling of a mined-out area, a share of backfilling work accounts for 20–25%. Reducing backfilling work costs is achieved by using various types of cement-free binders, involving various kinds of chemical additives and industrial wastes. The peculiarities of the use of chemical additives in the conditions of the Far North create a list of significant limitations, which make it highly complex to manufacture plasticized filling mixtures. Objectives: a main goal was to reduce the cost of one cubic meter of backfilling concrete. At the same time, the boundary conditions were minimum adjustments to the existing technology, formulation of compositions and productivity of mills. Methods Applied: the backfilling concrete cost reduction is achieved by introducing technical lignosulfonate, a chemical additive, which allows us to reduce the water demand of mixtures by 40–60 liters per cubic meter without changing the mobility of the mixture and lowering rheological characteristics. In its turn, a more optimal water/cement ratio makes it possible to increase the strength parameters, or with a decrease in binder consumption to reach the specified strength parameters. Originality: the paper presents the results of the studies on the application of plasticized additives in the production of backfilling concrete. Findings: Numerous laboratory and pilot industrial experiments at ALROSA mines (implemented in 2005) and the Polar Division of PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel resulted in a decrease in portland cement consumption of up to 50 kg / m3. Practical Relevance: on the basis of positive results of pilot industrial tests, a technological regulation was developed for the revamping of the backfilling factories of Talnakh mines and the Polar Division of PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel.

Keywords

Plasticizers, technical lignosulfonate, underground minig, backfilling factories, hardening backfilling concrete, backfilling techniques, artificial massif.

Antonina N. Montyanova – DSc (Eng.), General Director

LLC Backfilling Technology, Moscow, Russia

Andrey V. Trofimov – PhD (Eng.), Head of the Physical and Mechanical Research Сenter

LLC Gipronickel Institute, Saint Petersburg, Russia. ORCID: 0000-0001-7557-9801

Alexandr E. Rumyantsev – PhD (Eng.), Leading Researcher

LLC Gipronickel Institute, Saint Petersburg, Russia, ORCID: 0000-0002-2204-961X

Vladislav B. Vilchinskiy – PhD (Eng.), Head of the Mining Laboratory

LLC Gipronickel Institute, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Yuri N. Nagovitsyn – Principal Engineer, Geodynamic Safety Сenter

PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel Polar Division, Norilsk, Russia

1. Vilchinskiy V.B., Trofimov A.V., Koreyvo A.B., Galaov R.B., Marysyuk V.P. Rationale for the application of backfilling at Talnakh mines. Tsvetnye metally [Nonferrous metals], 2014, no.9. (In Russ.)

2. Golik V.I. Lukyanov V.G. Optimization of the strength of backfilling concrete based on rock mass stress. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta [News of Tomsk Polytechnic University]. Inzhiniring georesursov [Engineering of georesources], 2016, vol. 327, no. 6, pp. 6–14. (In Russ.)

3. Nagaratnam Sivakugan, Ryan Veenstra, Niroshan Naguleswaran. Underground mine backfilling in Australia using paste fills and hydraulic fills. International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering, June 2015.

4. Eugie Kabwe, Yiming Wang. Review on rockburst theory and types of rock support in rockburst prone mines. Open Journal of Safety Science and Technology, 2015, 5, 104–121.

5. Korneeva E.V., Pavlenko S.I. Kompozitsionnoe bestsementnoe vyazhushchee iz promyshlennykh otkhodov i zakladochnaya smes na ego osnove: monografiya [A composite cement-free binder from industrial waste and backfilling concrete based on it: monograph]. Moscow: ACB, 2009, 139 p. (In Russ.)

6. Ageeva M.S., Sopin D.M., Ginzburg A.V., Kalashnikov N.V. Development of composite binders for backfilling mixtures. Vestnik Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta im. V.G. Shukhova [Bulletin of Shukhov Belgorod State Technological University], 2013, no. 4, pp. 43–47. (In Russ.)

7. Krupnik L. A., Abdykalykova R. S. Paste backfilling, their properties and technology of preparation. Trudy mezhdunarodnogo foruma «Inzhenernoe obrazovanie i nauka v 21 veke: problemy i perspektivy», posvyashchennogo 80-letiyu KazNTU im. K.I. Satpaeva [Proceedings of the International Forum "Engineering education and science in the 21st century: problems and prospects" dedicated to the 80th anniversary of Satpayev KazNTU]. Almaty, 2014, vol. 1. (In Russ.)

8. Galtseva N.A., Buryanov A.F. Backfilling concrete based on synthetic anhydrite from industrial waste. Stroitelnye materialy [Building materials], 2016, no. 7, pp. 33–36. (In Russ.)

9. Montyanova A.N. Formirovanie zakladochnykh massivov pri razrabotke almaznykh mestorozhdeniy v kriolitozone [Formation of backfilling masses in the development of diamond deposits in the cryolithozone]. Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2005, 597 p. ISBN 5-98672-014-8. (In Russ.)

10. Montyanova A.N., Vilchinsky V.B., Trofimov A.V. The issue of reducing the backfilling concrete cost in mines of the Polar Division of PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2015, no. 4, pp. 45–49. (In Russ.)