ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

This article describes a combined continuous casting and rolling line and its design while indicating the capabilities of such line in terms of the quality of steel sheets. The initial data are given that are necessary to understand the stress-strain state of steel in the cyclic deformation zone when producing 3-8 mm thick and 2,250 mm wide sheets from the 09G2S steel. The results of the calculation are presented of the axial stresses occurring at the contact line between the de-formation zone and the movable platen. The calculation was performed using the finite element method with the help of the ANSYS software. The authors analyse the stress pattern in the cyclic deformation zone in terms of obtaining high-quality steel sheets. The article describes a method for determining stresses in the movable platens of a four-plate mould based on the reduction force, and a model of the movable platen with cooling channels. The movable platen load pattern is shown. The results of the calculation are presented of the stress state of a movable platen cal-culated against the reduction force. The authors analyse the correlation between the effect pro-duced by the channels in the movable platens on the axial stresses and the reduction force. The authors also describe the axial stresses distribution patterns in movable platens depending on the reduction force when producing 3 mm thick and 2,250 mm wide sheets from the 09G2S steel.

Keywords

Line, continuous casting, movable platen, deformation, sheet, stress, reduction force.

Oleg S. Lekhov – DSc (Eng.), Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Aleksandr V. Mikhalev – Assistant Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Maksim M. Shevelev – Engineer

Damir Kh. Bilalov – Associate Professor

1. Lekhov O.S., Komratov Yu.S. Sovmeshchennye processy nepreryvnogo litiya i deformatsii dlya proizvodstva prokata [Combined continuos casting and rolling processes for rolling industry]. Yekaterinburg: USTU-UPI, 2009, 411 p. (In Russ.)

2. Erenberg Kh.-Yu. Casting and reduction of thin slabs at the Mannesmannröhren-Werke AG plant. Metallurgicheskoe proizvodstvo i tekhnologiya metallurgicheskikh protsessov [Steel making and metallurgical technology]. Moscow, 1990, pp. 46–56. (In Russ.)

3. Lekhov O.S., Guzanov B.N., Lisin I.V., Bilalov D.Kh. Study of a combined continuous casting and cyclic deformation process for the production of steel sheets. Stal’ [Steel], 2016, no. 1, pp. 52–56. (In Russ.)

4. Fornasye M., Pyemonte K., Pigani A., Satonin A. Casting and rolling of thin slabs of API category steel for application in Arctic conditions. Metallurgicheskoye proizvodstvo i tekhnologii [Metallurgical production and technologies]. 2011, no. 1, pp. 16–29.

5. Lekhov O.S. Rolling of wide-cavity beams. Theory and calculation. LAP LAMBERT Fcademic Publishihg. 2017, 208 p.

6. Rabotnov Yu.I. Mekhanika deformiruemogo tverdogo tela [The mechanics of deformable solids]. Moscow: Nauka, 1979, 744 p. (In Russ.)

7. Lekhov O.S. Understanding the stress-strain state of the rolls and the strip going through a wide-flange beam mill. Message 1. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of Russian universities. Ferrous metallurgy], 2014, no. 10, pp. 37–41. (In Russ.)

8. Norri D., Friz Zh. Vvedenie v metod konechnykh elementov [Introduction to the finite element method]. Moscow: Mir, 1981, 304 p. (In Russ.)

9. Zenkevich O., Morgan K. Konechnye elementy i approksimatsiya [Finite elements and approximation]. Moscow: Mir, 1986, 318 p. (In Russ.)

10. Gallager R. Metod konechnykh elementov. Osnovy [Finite element method. Basics]. Moscow: Mir, 1984, 432 p. (In Russ.)

11. ANSYS. Structural Analysis Guide. Rel. 15.0. http//www. Cadfern/ ru/

12. Lekhov O.S. Ustanovka sovmeshchennogo protsessa nepreryvnogo litiya i deformatsii dlya proizvodstva listov iz stali dlya svarnykh trub. Teoriya i raschet [Combined continuous casting and rolling line for the production of steel sheets for welded pipes. Theory and design]. Yekaterinburg: Publishing house of UMC UPI, 2017, 151 p. (In Russ.)