ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

It is known that unalloyed aluminium with a high content of iron, silicon and other impurities cannot be used in industry because of its low performance characteristics. Hence, the development of new aluminium alloys sets an important task. One of the promising compositions in the aluminium-iron diagram is the eutectic (α-Al + Al3Fe), which, having a minimum crystallization interval, corresponds to the iron content of 2.18 wt%. This composition was taken as a model alloy and was inoculated with lithium. Heat capacity is the most important characteristic of substances. By analysing how heat capacity changes as the temperature changes one can determine the type of phase transformation, the Debye temperature, the energy of vacancy formation, the electronic specific heat and other properties. For the purposes of this research, the heat capacity of the AZh2.18 alloy with lithium was determined in the "cooling" mode against the known heat capacity of the reference copper sample. For this purpose, the cooling rate curves for the AZh2.18 alloy with lithium sample and the reference sample were analysed and polynomials were yielded that describe the cooling rates of the samples. After that, using the experimentally determined values of the cooling rates of the reference sample and the samples made from the alloys and knowing their weights, polynomials were established for the temperature dependence of the specific heat of the alloys and the reference sample, which are described with a four-term equation. With the help of integrals and based on the specific heat, temperature dependence models were established for changing enthalpy, entropy, and Gibbs energy. The obtained dependences show that as the temperature rises, the heat capacity, enthalpy and entropy of the alloys tend to increase. At the same time, Gibbs energy tends to decrease. The addition of lithium does not cause any significant increase in the heat capacity, enthalpy and entropy of the initial AZh2.18 alloy and does not change the Gibbs energy value.

Keywords

АZh2.18, lithium, heat capacity, heat transfer factor, enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs energy.

Kholiknazar Kh. Azimov – Postgraduate Student

Nikitin Institute of Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Izatullo N. Ganiev – D.Sc. (Chemistry), Professor, Academician

Academy of Science of the Republic of Tajikistan, Head of Laboratory at the Nikitin Institute of Chemistry, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ilkhom T. Amonov – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Rector

Technological University of Tajikistan, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Nasim F. Ibrohimov – Research fellow

Nikitin Institute of Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Luts A.R., Suslina A.A. Alyuminiy i ego splavy [Aluminium and its alloys]. Samara: Samara State Technical University, 2013, 81 p. (In Russ.)

2. Beletskiy V.M., Krivov G.A. Alyuminievye splavy (Sostav, svoystva, tekhnologiya, primenenie) [Aluminium alloys (Composition, properties, production, application)]. Ed. by I.N. Fridlyander. Кiev: KOMITEKh, 2005, 365 p.

3. Mondolfo L.F. Structura i svoystva alyuminievykh splavov [Structure and properties of aluminium alloys]. Мoscow: Metallurgiya, 1979, 640 p. (In Russ.)

4. Krasnoyarskiy V.V., Saydaliev N.R. The corrosion behaviour and the electrochemical properties of aluminium-iron alloys in neutral solutions. Zashchita ot korrozii i okruzhayushchey sredy [Protection against corrosion and environmental effects]. 1991, iss. 3, pp. 14-19. (In Russ.)

5. Frolov V.F., Belyaev S.V., Gubanov I.Yu., Bezrukikh A.I., Kostin I.V. How technological factors impact the formation of structural defects in large ingots of the 1XXX series aluminum alloys. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im.G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2016, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 25-31. (In Russ.)

6. Chukin M.V., Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P., Kuznetsova A.S., Berezhnaya G.A., Gushchina M.S. The main types and applications of nanostructured high-strength sheet steel. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im.G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 4, pp. 41-44. (In Russ.)

7. Chen X.G. Growth mechanisms of intermetallic phases in DC cast AA1XXX alloys. Essential Readings in Light Metals. Volume 3. Cast Shop for Aluminum Production. 2013, pp. 460-465.

8. Grange D.A. Microstructure control in ingots of aluminium alloys with an emphasis on grain refinement. Essential Readings in Light Metals. Volume 3. Cast Shop for Aluminum Production. 2013, pp. 354-365.

9. Geoffrey K. Sigworth Fundamentals of Solidification in Alumi-num Castings. International Journal of Metalcasting. 2014, vol. 8, iss. 1, pp. 7-20.

10. Mulloeva N.M., Ganiev I.N., Makhmadulloev Kh.A. Teplofizicheskie i termodinamicheskie svoystva splavov svintsa s shchelochnozemelnymi metallami [Thermophysical and thermodynamic properties of lead-alkaline-earth metal alloys]. Germany, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2013, 152 p.

11. Ganiev I.N., Mulloeva N.M., Nizomov Z., Obidov F.U. Temperature dependence of the specific heat and thermodynamic functions of alloys of the Pb-Ca system. High temperature, 2014, vol. 52, iss. 1, pp. 138-140.

12. Mulloeva N.M., Ganiev I.N., Eshov B.B., Makhmadulloev Kh.A., Nizomov Z. Thermophysical properties and thermodynamic functions of Pb-Sr alloys. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy Akademii nauk [Izvestia of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. 2014, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 38-42. (In Russ.)

13. Ibrokhimov S.Zh., Eshov B.B., Ganiev I.N., Ibrokhimov N.F. Effect produced by scandium on the physicochemical properties of the AMg4 alloy. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy Akademii nauk [Izvestia of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. 2014, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 256-260. (In Russ.)

14. Ganiev I.N., Mulloeva N.M., Nizomov Z., Obidov F.U., Ibrokhimov N.F. How the heat capacity and the thermodynamic functions of the Pb-Ca alloys depend on the temperature. Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur [Thermophysics of high temperatures]. 2014, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 147-150. (In Russ.)

15. Ibrokhimov N.F., Ganiev I.N., Nizomov Z., Ganieva N.I., Ibrokhimov S.Zh. Effect produced by cerium on the thermophysical properties of the AMg4 alloy. Fizika metallov i metallovedeniya [The physics of metals and metallography]. 2016, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 53-57. (In Russ.)

16. Nizomov Z., Gulov B.N., Ganiev I.N., Saidov R.Kh., Obidov F.U., Eshov B.B. Understanding the relationship between the specific heat of the OSCh and A7 aluminium grades and the temperature. Doklady AN Respubliki Tadzhikistan [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan]. 2011, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 53-59.

17. Ganiev I.N., Niyozov Kh.Kh., Gulov B.N., Nizomov Z., Berdiev A.E. Temperature dependence of the heat capacity and the thermodynamic functions of the AK1M2 alloy doped with praseodymium and neodymium. Vestnik SibGIU [Bulletin of Siberian State Industrial University]. 2017, no. 3, pp. 32-39. (In Russ.)

18. Zinoviev V.E. Teplofizicheskie svoystva metallov pri visokikh temperaturakh [Thermophysical properties of metals at high temperatures]. Reference book, Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1989, 384 p. (In Russ.)

19. Maltsev M.V. Modifikatory struktury metallov i splavov [Structural modifiers of metals and alloys]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1964, 238 p. (In Russ.)

20. Ganiev I.N., Parkhutik P.A., Vakhobov A.V., Kupriyanova I.Yu. Modifitsirovanie siluminov strontsiem [Doping of silumins with strontium]. Minsk: Nauka i tekhnika, 1985, 143 p.