ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

A comprehensive analysis of the equipment and pro-cesses currently utilized by major opencast mining sites shows a growing number of issues that require novel solutions. As the mining works progress, it leads to longer haulage routes, which consequently requires a greater hauling capacity. Increased mine dump truck capacity can affect the ratio between shovel bucket capacity and truck capacity creating a lot of other issues. Being able to haul ore from the depth becomes the biggest issue in deep mining. At this time the problem of lifting rock from bottom lifts with a good energy efficiency, minimum air pollution and the lack of stationary or semi-stationary structures or transport infrastructure in the pit area has not been resolved. In some cases due to environmental issues caused by automobile transport running deep in the pit the mine operator is forced to launch underground operations even before the pit has reached its cost-effective depth. This is what makes it more and more important to come up with a new open pit mining technology that would offer energy efficiency, envi-ronmental sustainability and flexibility, require minimum excavation and cause minimum air pollution, ensure maximum energy efficiency of the rock hoisting and require no stationary (or semi-stationary) structures or transport infrastructure in the pit area. For container-type transportation systems used in open pit mining, a machine is proposed that is designed to carry containers from shovels to a transfer point. The benefits of using such machinery include reduced cost of downtime and increased efficiency of shovels. The proposed machine has an articulated frame design ensuring an excellent maneuverability.

Keywords

Container, capture, transport distance, tow truck, frame, durability, hydraulic system.

Andrey V. Efimov – Postgraduate Student

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Viktor P. Chernov – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Bitimbaev M.Zh., Kuzmin S.L., Maulyanbaev T.I. et al. Ra-tionale for the possibility of using container technology for deep pits. Gornyi zhurnal Kazakhstana [Mining magazine of Kazakhstan], 2016, no. 4, pр. 17–22. (In Russ.).

2. Goncharov S.A, Klyuka O.F, Churilov N.G. Energy conserva-tion strategy in iron ore mining. Izvestiya vuzov. Gorniy zhur-nal [Proceedings of Russian Universities. Mining Journal], 2003, no. 6, pр. 5–10. (In Russ.).

3. Yakovlev V.L. Materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii po kariernomu transportu [Proceedings of the international scientific conference on transportation systems used in open pit mining]. Yekaterinburg, 2002, pр. 15–20. (In Russ.).

4. Bitimbaev M.Zh., Kuzmin S.L., Maulyanbaev T.I., Osadchyi V.I., Oryngozhin E.S. Primenenie konteynernoy tekhnologii dlya otkrytykh gornykh rabot: monografiya [The use of container-type transportation system in open pit mining: мonograph]. Almaty, 2015, 96 p. (In Russ.).

5. Sheshko E.E. Gornotranspotnye mashiny i oborudovanie dlya otkrytykh gornykh rabot [Transportation systems and equip-ment used for open pit mining]. Мoscow: Publishing House of Moscow State Mining University, 2006, 405 р. (In Russ.).

6. Rzhevsky V.V. Otkrytye gornye raboty. Tekhnologiya i kom-pleksnaya mekhanizatsiya [Open pit mining. Technology and overall mechanization]. Мoscow: LIBROKOM Publishing House, 2014, 552 р. (In Russ.).

7. Reznichenko S.S., Ashikhmin A.A. Matematicheskie metody i modelirovanie v gornoy promyshlennosti [Mathematical meth-ods and modelling in mining]. Мoscow: Publishing House of Moscow State Mining University, 2001, 404 р. (In Russ.).

8. Bitimbaev M.Zh., Kuzmin S.L., Tyurbit A.N., Konstantinov A.A. Konteyner dlya transportirovaniya porody na otkrytykh gornykh rabotakh [Container-type transportation system in open pit mining]. Patent KZ, no. 031377, 2016.

9. Solod V.I., Getopanov V.N., Rachek V.M. Proektirovanie i konstruirovanie gornykh mashin i kompleksov [Designing and engineering of mining machines and plants]. Мoscow: Nedra, 1982, 350 р. (In Russ.).

10. Trubetskaya K.N. Spravochnik. Otkrytye gornye raboti [Refer-ence book. Surface mining]. Мoscow: Gornoe Byuro, 1994, 590 р. (In Russ.).