ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

In Russia, like in many other countries, opencast mining proves to be the most popular mining method used in the sector of solid minerals. It is a known fact that as an open pit gets developed further, the haulage costs increase continuously. It means that the efficiency of mining companies largely depends on how optimized their haulage systems are. Nowadays, certain technical, economical, social and environmental reasons make some of the mining companies adopt a blast-free technology, which implies the use of compact bucket wheel excavators, surface miners and excavating milling machines. The use of the above machinery helps prevent big rocks thus eliminating the need for a primary crusher. This article examines a mobile conveyor designed for conveying rock from dump trucks to the belt conveyor while removing big rocks on the run. The components of such mobile conveyor include a carriage, a drive, a frame, receiving hoppers located on both sides of the frame, and a screen with a vibrator and a feeder. The equipment also includes hydraulic cylinders responsible for lifting receiving hoppers and for turning the screening surface. It is noted that the benefits of the proposed plant design will include reduced capital and operating costs related to transportation and handling machinery, reduced downtime, reduced haulage costs and increased profitability of mining operations.

Keywords

Surface miners, rock mass, dump trucks, receiving hoppers, screening surface, conveyor.

Anton Yu. Cheban – Senior Researcher, Associate Professor

Mining Institute of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia. Phone: +7(4212) 32-79-27. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Natalya P. Khrunina – Senior Researcher

Mining Institute of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia. Phone: +7(4212) 32-79-27. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Melnikov N.N., Busyrev V.M. Balanced resource development strategy. Mineral'nye resursy Rossii. Jekonomika i upravlenie [Mineral Resources of Russia. Economics and Management]. 2016, no. 2, pp. 58–64. (In Russ.)

2. Yakovlev V.L. Opencast mining: Current state, issues and optimization. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal]. 2009, no. 11, pp. 11–14. (In Russ.)

3. Rzhevskij V.V. Open pit mining. Part I. Production processes: Textbook for universities. 4th ed., revised and expanded. Moscow: Nedra, 1985. 509 p. (In Russ.)

4. Trubetskoy K.N., Kornilkov S.V., Yakovlev V.L. On new approaches to ensuring sustainable development in mining. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 15–19. (In Russ.)

5. Gavrishev S.E., Burmistrov K.V., Kidyaev V.A. Capitalizing on the use of multifunctional mining machinery in combined opencast and underground mining operations. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2010, no. 3, pp. 5–7. (In Russ.)

6. Gavrishev S.E., Kalmykov V.N., Burmistrov K.V., Tomilina N.G., Zalyadnov V.Yu. Evaluating the performance of the off-field opening scheme that uses pit lifts. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 7–10. (In Russ.)

7. Osadchy V.I., Maulyanbaev T.I., Kuzmin S.L. Designing a container exchange technology for lifting points. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudar-stvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 2, pp. 16–18. (In Russ.)

8. Sanakulov K.S., Shelepov V.I. Implementation of continuous components of the cyclic-continuous technology at greater depths of the Muruntau Open Pit. Racional'noe osvoenie nedr [Mineral mining & conservation]. 2011, no. 4, pp. 52–57. (In Russ.)

9. Special equipment for quarry operations. Zement-Kalk-Gips Int. 2014, vol. 67, no. 10, p. 12.

10. Mobil Anlagen von Sandvik in Kasachstan. AT Miner. Process. Eur. 2015, vol. 56, no. 1–2, pp. 40–41.

11. Ermakov S.A., Gavrilov V.L., Hosoev D.V., Hoyutanov E.A. Improved coal quality resultant from selective development of complex Elga coal deposit. Nauka i Obrazovanie [Science and Education]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 24–29. (In Russ.)

12. Cheban A.Yu. Classification of processes involving surface miners. Sistemy. Metody. Tehnologii [Systems. Methods. Technologies]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 159–163. (In Russ.)

13. Wirtgen surface mining for selective limestone mining in the North Caucasus. Russia. Zement-Kalk-Gips Int. 2014, vol. 67, no. 10, p. 18.

14. Cheban A. Yu., Sekisov G. V., Khrunina N. P., Shemyakin S. A. Upgrading continuous and cyclic excavation and transportation during open-pit mining. Evraziiskaya dobycha [Eurasian mining]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 22–24.

15. Cheban A.Yu. Enhancing the conveying technology in explosive-free mining. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2016, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 5–9. (In Russ.)

16. Cheban A.Yu. On determining the capacity level of surface miners under various operating conditions. Sistemy. Metody. Tehnologii [Systems. Methods. Technologies]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 145–148. (In Russ.)

17. Slepyan V.I. et al. Pogruzochnoe ustroistvo [Loading device]. Patent UR, no. 2084628, 1997.