ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The influence of high-temperature thermomechanical treatment (HTTT) on mechanical properties of high-chromium steels 20Cr13 and 02Cr13Ni4Mo was studied. In case of HTTT deformation was performed by rolling with a reduction of 30% at 1000-900°C, followed by cooling in oil. It was found that HTTT with high tempering provided a slight increase in yield strength and strength of both steels with some decrease in their ductility. The effect of thermomechanical hardening increased when the rolling temperature decreased. Influence of HTTT on toughness of the steels was different. HTTT didn’t have a positive effect on tough-ness of steel 02Cr13Ni4Mo. High-tempered 02Cr13Ni4Mo had viscous transcrystalline fracture. The growth of toughness of steel 20Cr13 was observed, which was associated with the suppression of intercrystalline cracks under dynamic loading. It was shown that by replacing intercrystalline fracture with transcrystalline fracture, HTTT effectively hindered development of reversible temper brittleness.

Keywords

High-temperature thermomechanical treatment, high-chromium steels, toughness, mechanical properties, ductility, reversible temper brittleness.

Smirnov Mikhail Anatolievich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Researcher of the Russian Research Institute of the Tube&Pipe In-dustries Open Joint Stock Company, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Pyshmintsev Igor Yurievich – D.Sc. (Eng.), General Director, the Russian Research Institute of the Tube&Pipe Industries Open Joint Stock Company, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Laev Konstantin Anatolievich – Engineer, the Russian Research Institute of the Tube&Pipe Industries Open Joint Stock Company, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Khramkov Evgeny Vladimirovich – Postgraduate Student, National Research South Ural State University, Chel-yabinsk, Russia. Tel.: +7-951-476-17-07. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alyutin Dmitriy Mikhailovich – Postgraduate Student, National Research South Ural State University, Chelya-binsk, Russia.

1. Bernstein M.L., Zaymovsky V.A., Kaputkina L.M. Termomekhanicheskaya obrabotka stali [Thermomechanical processing of steel]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1983, 480 p.

2. Smirnov M.A., Petrova S.N., Smirnov L.V. Vysokotemperaturnaya termomekhanicheskaya obrabotka i khrupkost' stalej i splavov [High-temperature thermomechanical treatment and brittleness of steels and al-loys]. Moscow: Nauka, 1991, 167 p.

3. Smirnov M.A., Filatov V.I. High-temperature thermomechanical treatment of alloy structural and tool steels. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metallurgy and heat treatment of metals]. 2014, no. 9, pp. 15-21.

4. Sokolkov E.N., Petrova S.N. Influence of plastic deformation in the austenitic state on the nature of the destruction of steel 35KhGSA in a state of temper brittleness. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie [Physics of metals and metallurgy]. 1959, vol. 7, issue 2, pp. 306-308.