ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This article proposes using a simulating model to determine the operating parameters of the ball mill. A prototype model was a laboratory-scale plant. The authors presented results for cascade, waterfall operating modes, and the critical speed of the ball mill which were effects of physical simulation and simulation modeling. The findings justified a deviation of the modeling data, which proved that the developed simulating model was appropriate.

Keywords

Laboratory-scale plant, modeling, simulating model, ball mill operating modes, modes of motion, cascade, waterfall.

Kozyr Aleksandr Valerievich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Universi-ty, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-74. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kutlubaev Ildar Mukhametovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-74. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Popova Tamara Maksimovna – M. S. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-74. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Pytalev Ivan Alekseevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-56. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Monov V., Sokolov B., Stoenchev St., Grinding in Ball Mills: Modeling and Process Control. Сybernetics and information technologies. 2012, vol. 12 no. 2, pр. 51-68.

2. Novy spravochnik khimika i tekhnologa. Protsessy i apparaty khimicheskikh tekhnologiy. Pod. obsch. red G.M. Ostrovskogo. Ch.I. [New reference book of chemists and technologists. Processes and devises of chemical engineering. Under the general editorship of G.M. Ostrovsky. P.I.]. Saint Petersburg: ANO NPO Professional, 2004, 848 p.

3. Tsygalov A.M., Eliseev N.I., Grishin I.A. Droblenie, izmelchenie i podgotovka rud k obogashcheniyu. Uchebnoe posobie [Ore crushing, grinding, and preparation for dressing]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2005, 170 р.

4. Melnikov I.T., Gavrishev S.E., Mikhailov A.G., Pytalev I.A., Shevtsov N.S., Vasilev K.P. A new approach to performance assessment of mining and processing works. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining]. 2012, no. 5, pр. 60-66.

5. Abanti Sahoo, Simulation studies on Energy Requirement, Work Input and Grindability of Ball Mill. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2014, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 592-597.

6. Shadrunova I.V, Kutlubaev I.M., Kolodezhnaya E.V. Еvaluation of force impact when crushing rock in impact grinders. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im.G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no. 2, pр. 9-12.

7. Dmitrak Yu.V., Balakhnina E.E. Peculiarities of movements of grinding charge in ball mills. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal)], 2003, no. 2, pр. 54-57.

8. Strogalev V.P., Tolkacheva I.O. Imitatsionnoe modelirovanie. Uchebnoe posobie [Simulation modelling. Learning aid]. Mos-cow: Bauman MSTU, 2008, 280 p.

9. GOST 7524-89. Shary stalnye melyushchie dlya sharovyh melnits [Steel grinding balls for ball mills]. Moscow: Publishing house of standards, 1990, 4 p.

10. Duda V. Tsement [Сement]. Translated from German by E.Sh. Feldman; edited by B.E. Yudovich. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1981, 464 р.