ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper focuses on coke quenching methods, applied plants, and describes their features and limitations. It contains performance assessment criteria of quenching and analyzes coke manufacturing techniques, revealing advanced technologies in terms of economic and environmental feasibility.

Keywords

Coke, coke quenching methods, combined coke quenching and screening plant.

Pozhidaev Yurii Aleksandrovich – Teaching Assistant, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Stolyarova Marina Sergeevna – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Babintsev Yaroslav Vitalievich – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Pozhidaev Yu.A., Kadoshnikov V.I., Savochkina L.V. Design of damping systems to recover energy. Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University] 2011, no. 3, pp. 80-83.

2. Muchnik D.A. Formation of blast furnace coke properties. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1983, 182 p.

3. Reference book of coke chemical engineers. Vol. 2. Edited by A.K. Shelkova. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1965, 288 p.

4. Babanin V.I., Zaidenberg M.A. Patent of the Russian Federation 2110552, IPC6 С10 В39/02. Coke cooling method and facility. Published on 10.05.1998.

5. Stepanov Yu.V., Berkutov N.A., Sukhorukov V.I. et al. Coke burn-off loss in handling and dry quenching. Coke and chemistry, 1999, no. 10, pp. 11-16.

6. Syskov K.I., Korolev Yu.G. Coke and chemical by-products division. Moscow: Higher school, 1969, 150 p.

7. Leibovich R.E. et al. Technologies used in coke and chemical by-products division. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1982, 361 p.

8. Salov I.A., Pozhidaev Yu.A. A method used to determine mechanical properties of brittle materials duting crushing. Mechanical equipment of metallurgical plants. Issue 3. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2014, pp. 102-105.

9. Teplitsky M.G. et al. Coke dry quenching. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1971, 264 p.

10. Petukhov V.N., Subbotin V.V. Studies of physical and chemical properties of brown coals of the Mayachinskoe deposit in the republic of Bashkortostan and determination of their beneficiation schedules. Theory and technology of the metallurgical division, 2011, no. 11, pp. 134-138.