ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The barrel of the small arms requires great care in the design and production, especially in the internal cavity shaping so called bore. The production of barrels by means of plastic deformation is currently important. However the traditional analytical methods of analysis fail to provide accurate calculations of the critical parameters of the barrel manufacturing processes. This paper presents the computer simulation results of the forming process of the polygonal profile blank inner surface by dragging in a smooth tapered matrix release (centering) of the blank by the caliber of the girdle, using the finite element method.

Keywords

Simulation, dragging, tubular blank, shaped mandrel, barrel, bore, shape.

Rozov Yuriy Georgievich – PhD (Eng.), associate professor, Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, Kherson National Technical University (KNTU), Ukraine. Phone: +38 (050) 494 55 66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Geleji A. Bildsame Formung der Vttalle in Rechnung und Versuch Akademie Verlag. Berlin, 1960. 754 s.

2. Gubkin S.I. Plastic deformation of metals. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1961, vol. III, 360 p.

3. Perlin L.I., Perlin L.I., Ermanok M.Z. Theory drawing. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1971, 448 p.

4. Danchenko V.N., Grinkevich V.O., Golovko O.M. Theory of processes of metal working by pressure. Dnepropetrovsk: Porogy, 2008, 369 p.

5. DEFORMTM 3D. Version 6.1 User’s Manual Scientific Forming Technologies Corporation, 2008. 420 p.