ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The new technological decisions allowing to achieve utilization of red slimes maximum quantity, to carry out the comparative analysis of various options and schemes of pyrometallurgical processing of red slimes are developed. Laboratory researches on determination of metallurgical properties and technology of high-basic agglomerate sintering are carried out in red mud adding from 1 to 3% into furnace charge of agglofactory of «KGOK EVRAZ». It has been studied that positive impact of sinter durability improvement in red slime using is practically leveled by decrease in the general content of iron in furnace charge. To save iron content at the level of basic values in furnace charge of blast furnace smelting it has been offered to use some options.

Keywords

Pyrometallurgy, waste processing, red mud, metallurgical properties, blast furnace smelting.

Chesnokov Yuriy Anatolyevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), senior research associate, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pyrometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 232-90-25. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Leontyev Leopold Igorevich – Academician, D.Sc. (Eng.), chief researcher, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pyrometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 267-89-20. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sheshukov Oleg Yuryevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Head of the laboratory, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pyrometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 267-97-15. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Dmitriev Andrey Nikolaevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), prof., chief research fellow, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pyrometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 267-89-08. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Vitkina Galina Yuryevna – Ph.D. (Eng.), junior research fellow, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pyrometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 232-90-69. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Marshuk Larisa Aleksandrovna – research fellow, Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Py-rometallurgy of Ferrous Metals laboratory, Ekaterinburg. Phone: 8 (343) 267-89-30. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Kudinov B.Z., Bychin A.I., Leont’ev L.I., Kiselev V.A., Fetisov V.B. Semi-industrial tests of the scheme of metallurgical processing of red slimes in rotating furnaces. Nonferrous metals, 1967, no. 1, pp. 46.

2. Bychin A.I., Kudinov B.Z. Aspects of complex metallurgical processing of red slimes. Nonferrous metals, 1963, no. 2, pp. 49-52.

3. Eremin N.I. Methods of complex processing of red slimes with receiving metal iron. Complex use of bauxites: materials of meeting experts of VAMI-FKI, Budapest, 1972.

4. Kudinov B.Z., Bychin A.I., Kiselev V.A., Leont’ev L.I., Vykhina A.S., Dmitrieva L.P. About complex processing of red slimes of aluminous production. Chemistry and technology of alumina. Novosibirsk: Science, 1971.

5. Utkov V.A., Leont’ev L.I., Matyash V.G., Kiselev V.A., Nikolaev S.A., Petrov S.I. Investigation of red slime sinter reduction. Research of new processes and devices in alumina production and passing products: collected papers. L.: VAMI, 1985, pp. 114-118.

6. Chentsov A.V., Chesnokov Yu. A., Shavrin S.V. Logic-statistic balance model of blast furnace smelting process. Ekaterinburg: Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, 2003, p. 164.