ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

A series of results concerning the finding of the parameters of the equal-stress leaf springs is presented. The nonlinear bending of the single-leaf spring of the variable profile is considered. It is established that the optimum profile for a strong bending is elliptic. The linear bending of a two-leaf spring with leaves of a variable profile is studied. It is proved that the equal-stress spring does not exist for different lengths of leaves, if the stresses sign is invariable along leaves. Such spring exists only for equal lengths of leaves. If the sign varies but the absolute value of stress is invariable, then the equal-stress spring exists when a shorter leaf is sufficiently long. Such spring contains the internal joint. The parameters of a partially equal-stress two-leaf spring with constant profiles of the leaves are found. The connection between these parameters and a solution of the problem of maximum stress minimization is established.

Keywords

Leaf spring, linear and nonlinear bending, equal-stress spring, internal joint, stress minimization.

Nyashin Yury Ivanovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Theoretical Mechanics and Biomechanics De-partment, Perm National Research Polytechnic University, Russia. Phone: +7(342) 239 17 02. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Osipenko Mikhail Anatolyevich – Ph.D. (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Perm National Research Polytechnic University, Russia. Phone: +7 (342) 239 17 02. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Gitman Mikhail Borisovich – D.Sc. (Physics and Mathematics), Professor, Perm National Research Polytechnic University, Russia. Phone: +7 (342) 239 12 97. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Parkhilovsky I.G. Avtomobilnye listovye ressory [Automotive leaf springs]. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 1978. 227 p.

2. Ponomarev S.D. et al. Raschyoty na prochnost v mashinostroenii [Stress calculation in mechanical engineering]. Vol. 1. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering Publ., 1956. 884 p.

3. Osipenko М.А., Nyashin Y.I, Rudakov R.N., Ostanin A.V., Kuleshova E.N., Zhuravleva T.N. Mathematical modelling of the foot prosthesis elastic element under bending. Russian Journal of Biomechanics. 2001, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 18–29.

4. Brynskikh S.I., Оsipenko М.А., Nyashin Yu.I. Optimizatsiya dvukhlistovogo uprugogo elementa proteza stopy s ispolzovaniem lineinoi i nelineinoi teoriy izgiba [The optimization of the two-leaf elastic element of the foot prosthesis under linear and non-linear bending theories]. Rossiisky zhurnal biomekhaniki [Russian Journal of Biomechanics]. 2003, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 9–19.

5. Geil M.D., Parnianpour M., Berme N. Significance of nonsagittal power terms in analysis of a dynamic elastic response prosthetic foot. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. October 1999, vol. 121, pp. 521–524.

6. Nyashin Yu.I., Osipenko М.А., Rudakov R.N. K teorii izgiba listovoy ressory [On the theory of leaf spring bending]. Izvestiya RAN. Mekhanika tverdogo tela [Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Mechanics of Solids]. 2002, no. 6, pp. 134–143.

7. Osipenko М.А., Talantsev N.F. O svoistvakh koeffitsienta ispolzovaniya materiala listovoy ressory [On the properties of the material utilization coefficient for a leaf spring]. Izvestiya VUZov. Povolzsky region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [News of Higher Educational Institutions. Volga Region.Technical Sciences]. 2009, no. 2(10), p. 134–144.

8. Osipenko M.A., Nyashin Yu.I., Rudakov R.N. A contact prob-lem in the theory of leaf spring bending. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2003, vol. 40, pp. 3129-3136.

9. Osipenko M.A., Nyashin Yu.I. Ob odnom podkhode k resheniyu nekotorykh odnomernykh kontaktnykh zadach [A certain approach to solving some one-dimensional contact problems]. Izvesiya Saratovskogo Universiteta. Novaya seriya. Seriya Matematika. Mekhanika. Informatika. [News of Saratov University. New Series. Series in Mathematics, Mechanics, Computer Science]. 2011, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 77–84.

10. Rabotnov Yu.N. Mekhanika deformiruemogo tverdogo tela [Mechanics of Deformable Solids]. Moscow: Science, 1988, 711 p.