ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper gives a mathematical model to determine the magnetic fields near conductors to the bottom electrode of a DC arc furnace (DCAF) in the form of a helical line, a planar or spatial spiral of Archimedes. A computer simulation is used to analyze magnetic fields in a DCAF bath. Recommendations for the design parameters of the supply rail are given.

Keywords

DC arc furnace, magnetic field, conductors.

Yachikov Igor Mikhailovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-63. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Portnova Irina Vasilyevna – Engineer, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-63.

1. Yachikov I.M., Portnova I.V., Kharchenko O.A. A character of an eddy flow of metal in a bath of a DC arc furnace, when changing a position of a cathode. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I .Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2009, no. 3, pp. 18–20.

2. Utility model patent RU 119556 IPC7 H05B 7/20. DC electrical arc furmace. Portnova I.V., Yachikov I.M., Kharchenko O.A.

3. Utility model patent RU 126810 IPC7 F27B3/08. DC electrical arc furmace. Yachikov I.M., Portnova I.V., Zalyautdinov R.Yu.

4. Yachikov I.M., Portnova I.V. Evaluating efficiency of an eddy and conduction impact on the melt in the DCAF bath. Teoriya i praktika teplovykh protsessov v metallurgii: sbornik dokladov mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferentsii [Theory and practice of thermal processes in metallurgy. Collection of reports of the international scientific and practical conference]. Yekaterinburg: UFU, 2012, pp. 418–423.

5. Yachikov I.M., Zalyautdinov R.Yu. Investigation of a magnetic field in a bath of a DC arc furnace at different busbars to the bottom electrode. Izvestiya vuzov. CHernaya metallurgiya [News of higher educational institutions. Ferrous metallurgy]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 58–63.

6. Yachikov I.M, Portnova I.V., Zalyautdinov R.Yu. Modeling the behavior of a magnetic field in the bath of DCAF at different designs of current feeders to the bottom electrode. Matematicheskoe i programmnoe obespechenie v promyshlennoj i sotsial'noj sferakh: mezhdunarodnyj sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Mathematical support and software in in-dustrial and social spheres: international collection of research papers]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012, pp. 183–190.