ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Since 2011 operating experience of cold rolling tandem mill 2000 revealed decrease in operability of rolling bearings for supports of working rolls, and supports of pinch rolls during operation at a rolling speed of 1000 rpm and over. In this case a main reason of rolling bearing failures is overheating. This article presents results of fail-safety tests of rolling bearings. Point estimates and lower confidence bounds of lifetime for rolling bearings of supports of working rolls and pinch rolls are found. The lower confidence bound of an average lifetime of rolling bearings at a confidence probability of q = 0.9 is 4181.7 hours, while the standard lifetime is 5400 hours, which doesn't provide the set level of reliability. When taking measures aimed at prevention of failures due to overheating, it is possible to establish the standard for replacement of rolling bearings equal to 6260 hours at a much higher level of reliability of P(t) = 0.95.

Keywords

Rolling bearing, reliability, lifetime, overheating, wearout.

Sultanov Nail Lasynovich – Postgraduate, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Е-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Girkin Yuriy Vasilyevich – Ph.D (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Е-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Shlenkina Marina Alexandrovna – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. Е-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Reliability of engineering products: A practical guide to standardization, validation and maintenance. Moscow, 1990, 327 p.

2. Kapur K., Lamberson L. Nadezhnost' i proektirovanie sistem [Reliability in engineering design]. Moscow: Mir, 1977, 598 p.

3. Zhirkin Yu.V. Nadezhnost', ehkspluatatsiya, tekhnicheskoe obsluzhivanie i remont metallurgicheskikh mashin. Rukovodstvo k resheniyu zadach i uprazhnenij: uchebnik [Reliability, operation, maintenance and repair of metallurgical machines. Guide to solving problems and exercises: Textbook]. Magnitogorsk, 1998, 336 p.

4. Chernoff H., Lehmann E.L. The use of maximum likelihood estimates in χ2 test for goodness of fit. Letopis' matematicheskoj statistiki [The Annals of Mathematical Statistics]. 1954, vol. 25, pp. 579–586.

5. Lemeshko B.Yu, Lemeshko S.B., Postovalov S.N., Chimitova E.V. Statisticheskij analiz dannykh, modelirovanie i issledovanie veroyatnostnykh zakonomernostej. Komp'yuternyj podkhod : monografiya [Statistical data analysis, modeling and research of the laws of probability. Computer approach: monograph]. Novosibirsk: Publishing House of NSTU, 2011, 888 p.

6. General catalog for rolling bearings: SKF handbook. Moscow, 2009, 1129 p.

7. Perel L.Ya., Filatov A.A. Podshipniki kacheniya: Raschet, proektirovanie i obsluzhivanie opor [Rolling bearings: Calcula-tion, design and maintenance of supports]. Moscow: Engineering, 1992, 608 p.

8. Understanding roller bearings: Timken handbook. Moscow, 2011, 150 p.

9. Process instructions, Rolling Shop #11. Magnitogorsk, 2011.

10. Zhirkin Yu.V., Sultanov N.L., Mironenkov E.I., Yusupov R.R., M.A. Shlenkina. Improving the efficiency of the lubricant supply to rolling bearings of pinch rolls on cold rolling mill 2000 at OJSC MMK. Аktual'nye problemy sovremennoj nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya: materialy 71-j mezhregional'noj nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferentsii [Actual problems of modern science, technology and education: Proceedings of the 71st inter-regional scientific and technical conference]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2013, vol. 1, рp. 367–370.