ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Ecological and resource-saving problems determine the relevance of iron-bearing sludge recycling. The main goal of the researches was to estimate prospects for the two-stage combined recycling process for fine-grained zinc-bearing metallurgical wastes. This article provides a survey of main current recycling processes and a sugges-tion of a new combined two-stage zinc-bearing sludge and dust recycling method. The method’s advantages are proved by the results of laboratory experiments and calculations that were made by means of developed mathematical models. By means of physical modeling we proved the possibility of using solid-phase reduction for zinc-bearing metallurgical wastes recycling. In the experiments we have managed to obtain metallized products with a metallization degree of up to 100 % and a zinc concentrate that may be used as a raw material for non-ferrous metallurgy. By means of mathematical models it was shown that preliminary solid-phase metallization led to a substantial decrease in coal consumption for liquid-phase reduction on the second stage of the combined technology. By using the two-stage technology it is possible to obtain iron with less sul-phur and phosphorus content. Besides, it is possible to decrease gas emissions and reduce environmental impacts.

Keywords

Sludge, electric arc furnace dust, modelling, solid-phase reduction, liquid-phase reduction, metallized product, iron.

Bigeev Vakhit Abdrashitovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Institute of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engi-neering and Materials Processing, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Chernyaev Alexander Alexandrovich – Postgraduate Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Panteleev Anton Vladimirovich – Senior Lecturer, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Lisin V.S., Yusfin Yu.S. Resurso-ehkologicheskie problemy XXI veka v metallurgii [Metallurgical resource and ecology problems of the 21st century]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1998. 446 p.

2. Mikhnev A.D., Pashkov G.L., Drozdov S.V. et al. The ammoniac-carbonate technology for zinc extraction from blast furnace sludge. Tsvetnye Metally [Non-ferrous metals]. 2002, no. 5, pp. 34–38.

3. Blinkova E. V., Eliseev E. I. Zinc extraction from blast furnace sludge. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya [Nonferrous metallurgy]. 2004, no. 8, pp. 2–6.

4. Kurunov I.F., Savchuk N.A. The current state and prospects for the direct ore-reduction process. Moscow: Chermetinformaciya, 2002, 198 p.

5. Yusfin Yu.S., Gimmelfarb A.A., Pashkov N.F. Novye protsessy polucheniya metalla (metallurgiya zheleza) [New processes of metal production (ferrous metallurgy)]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994, 320 p.

6. Yusfin Yu.S., Pashkov N.F. Metallurgiya zheleza [Ferrous metallurgy]. Moscow: Akademkniga, 2007, 464 p.

7. Nikiforov B.A., Bigeev V.A., Bigeev A.M. et al. Prospects for new kinds of iron-bearing charging feed. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2004, no. 2, pp. 7–10.

8. Nikiforov B.A., Bigeev V.A., Sibagatulin S.K. et al. Blast furnace sludge metallization. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2005, no. 3, pp. 23–25.

9. Nikiforov B.A., Bigeev V.A., Panteleev A.V. et al. The expansion of charge feed base for electric steelmaking. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2007, no. 1, pp. 38–41.

10. Bigeev V.A., Panteleev A.V., Chernyaev A.A. Mathematical modelling of solid-phase reduction of dust and sludge. Matematicheskoe i programmnoe obespechenie sistem v promyshlennoj i sotsial'noj sferakh [Mathematical models and software for industry and social sphere systems]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing house of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2011, vol. II, pp. 151–155.

11. Devyatov D. Kh., Chernyaev A.A. Modelling of two-stage liquid-phase reduction of blast furnace sludge. Materialy 67-j nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferentsii [Materials of the 67th scientific-technical conference]. Magnitogorsк: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2009, vol. 2, pp. 121–123.