ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This article presents the process of manufacturing and operation of cast-iron glass mold details, used for the mass production of glass containers. We revealed the rising trends of a consumer demand for glass packaging, increase in the service life of parts and glass molds, need for research in this area. We also outlined the need to improve existing technologies of details’ production, as well as to compare the existing technologies of manufacturing the glass mold details and method of manufacture of glass molds with a gradient structure of casting. As for criteria for the evaluation of these technologies, we applied selection methods of Pareto, Bord and BOF method.

Keywords

Detail, glass mold, cast-iron, economic effect, estimation.

Leoushin Igor Olegovich – D.Sc. (Eng), Professor, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.Y. Alexeev, Russia. Phone: +7 (831) 436-43-95. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Nischenkov Alexander Vladimirovich – Ph.D. (Eng), Associate Professor, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.Y. Alexeev, Russia. Phone: +7 (831) 436-24-96. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Chistyakov Dmitry Gennadievich – Postgraduate Student, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.Y. Alexeev, Russia. Phone: +7 (952) 460-21-97. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Volkov A.A. Marketingovoe upravlenie sistemoi sbyta steklotarnoi produktsii [Marketing management the sales system of glass container products]. Extended abstract of PhD. diss. Volgograd, 2007. 23 p.

2. Chistyakov D.G., Leushin I.O. The gradient structure formation in glass molds details of cast irons with various degrees of graphite globularization. Trudy 10-i Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii "Sovremennye metallicheskie materialy i tehnologii" (SMMT`13) [Proceedings of the 10th International Scientific Conference "Modern metallic materials and technologies" (SMMT`13)]. 2013, pp. 253-254.

3. Leushin I.O., Chistyakov D.G. Some directions for modernization the manufacturing technology of castings iron glass molds for mass production of glass containers. Trudy odinnadtsatogo S'ezda liteishikov Rossii (16-20 sentyabrya 2013 goda, g. Ekaterinburg) [Proceedings of the Eleventh Congress of the Russian Foundrymen (16-20 September 2013, Ekaterinburg)]. Nizhnii Tagil: Izd-vo UVZ, 2013, pp. 46-51.

4. Fedorov O.V., Algulin B.V., Bashkatov D.N. and other. Inno-vatsionnye inzhenernye resheniya i ih ekonomicheskie otsenki [Innovative engineering solutions and their economic estimates]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2005, 234 p.

5. Popov V.M., Kogan B.L. Heat resistance of cast irons with different forms of graphite. Liteinoe proizvodstvo [Foundry]. 1991, no. 2, pp. 15-17.

6. Aleksandrov, M.V. Manufacturing of glass molds details made of cast iron with vermicular graphite. Liteishik Rossii [Caster of Russia]. 2012, no. 7, pp. 22-25.

7. Pan, E.N., Ogi K., Loper Jr C.R. Analysis of the Solidification Process of Compacted/Vermicular Graphite Cast Iron. AFS, 1982, vol. 90, pp. 509-527.

8. Holmgren D., Kallbom R., Svensson I.L. Influences of the graphite growths direction on the thermal conductivity of cast iron. The Minerals, metals & Materials society and ASM International. 2007, vol. 38A, pp. 268-271.

9. Bystrov O.F., Pozdnyakov V.Ya., Prudnikov V.M., Percev V.V., Kazakov S.V. Upravlenie investitsionnoi deyatel'nost'yu v regionakh Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Management of investment activity in the regions of the Russian Federation]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2008. 358 p.

10. Doremus R.H. Glass Science, 2nd Edition. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1994, 339 p.