ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The surface relief and structure peculiarities of steel 45 after electroexplosive copper plating and subsequent electron beam treatment are investigated by methods of scanning and transmission electron microscopy. It is established that the copper concentration in surface layer is increased twice with the growth of electron beam pulses number. The high speed crystallization of a modified layer is accompanied by hardness growth of a surface layer under the small pulse number (5 and 10 pls.). The further increase of the irradiation pulses number leads to a significant decrease of surface layer hardness.

Keywords

Electroexplosive alloying, copper, electron beam processing, structure, phase composition, properties.

Gromov Victor Evgenievich – D.Sc. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Head of the Physics Department, Siberian State Industrial University, Novokuznetsk, Russia. Phone: (3843) 78-43-66, fax: (3843) 46-57-92. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Ivanov Yuriy Fedorovich – D.Sc. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Institute of High Current Electronics SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia. Phone: (3843) 78-43-66. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Romanov Denis Anatolievich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Assistant Professor, Siberian State Industrial University, Novokuz-netsk, Russia.

Budovskikh Evgeniy Aleksandrovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Siberian State Industrial University, Novokuz-netsk, Russia. Phone: (3843) 78-43-91, fax: (3843) 46-57-92. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Vashchuk Ekaterina Stepanovna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian State Industrial University, Novo-kuznetsk, Russia. Phone: (3843) 78-43-91, fax: (3843) 46-57-92. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Denisova Yuliya Aleksandrovna –Student, Institute of High Current Electronics SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia.

Konovalov Sergey Valerievich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Siberian State Industrial University, Novokuznetsk, Russia.

Teresov Anton Dmitrevich – Research Associate, Institute of High Current Electronics SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia.

Filimonov Simon Yurevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Researcher at the Institute of High Current Electronics SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia.

1. Bagautdinov A.Ya., Budovskikh Ye.A., Ivanov Yu. F, Gromov V.Ye. Fizicheskie osnovy e'lektrovzryvnogo legirovaniya metallov i splavov [The physical basis of electroexplosive alloying of metals and alloys]. Novokusnetsk, SibSIU, Publ. House, 2007, 301 p.

2. Ivanov Yu.F., Koval N.N. Low-energy electron beams submillisecond duration: production and some aspects of application in the field of materials science. Struktura i svojstva perspektivnykh metallicheskikh materialov [The structure and properties of advanced metallic material]. Ed. A.I. Potekayev. Tomsk, Publ. House NTL, 2007, pp. 345-382.

3. Grigoriev S.V., Koval N.N., Ivanov Yu.F., et al, Electron beam modification of the surface of steel and hard alloys. Plazmennaya e'missionnaya e'lektronika: trudy II mezhdunarodnogo krejndelevskogo seminara [Plasma emission electronics. Proceedings of II International кkreyndelevsky seminar]. Ulan-Ude, 2006, pp. 113-120.

4. Kolubaeva A.V., Ivanov Yu.F, Deviatkov V.N., Koval N.N. Pulse-periodic electron beam machining of hardened steel. Chyornaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of the universities. Ferrous metallurgy], 2007, no. 8, pp. 30-136.

5. Koval N.N., Ivanov Y.F, Grigoriev S.V., Devyatkov V.N., Kolubaeva Y.A. Low-energy high-current electron beams of submillisecond duration: preparation and use. Fizika impul'snyh razryadov v kondensirovannyh sredah: Materialy XIII Mezhdunar. nauch. shkoly-seminara. [Physics of pulsed discharges in condensed matter: Proceedings of XIII Intern. Scientific School-Seminar], August 21-25, 2007, Nikolaev, Ukraine, pp. 38-42.

6. Ivanov Y.F., Koval N.N., Grigoriev S.V., Kolubaeva Y.A. Structure, phase composition and properties of steels, treated with low-energy high-current electron beam of submillisecond duration. Fizika impul'snyh razryadov v kondensirovannyh sredah: Materialy XIII Mezhdunar. nauch. shkoly-seminara. [Physics of pulsed discharges in condensed matter: Proceedings of the XIII Intern. Scientific School-Seminar]. August 21-25, 2007, Nikolaev, Ukraine, pp. 42-46.

7. Ivanov Y.F. Regularities and mechanisms the formation of nano-and submicrocrystalline multiphase structure in the surface layers of metals and alloys under pulsed electron beam processing. Fundamental'nye problemy sovremennogo materialovedeniya [Fundamental Problems of modern materials]. 2008, no. 1, pp. 47-52.

8. Ivanov Y.F., Kolubaeva Yu.A., Konovalov S.V., Koval N.N., Gromov V.E. Modification of the steel surface layer during electron beam processing. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Physical metallurgy and heat treatment of metals]. 2008, no. 12 (642), pp. 10-16.

9. Ivanov Yu.F., Kolubaeva Yu.A.,Teresov A.D., et al. Modification using low-energy high-current electron beam of steel surface, alloyed with electric blasting method. Uprochnyayushchie tekhnologii i pokrytiya [Hardening technology and coatings]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 41-45.

10. Koval N.N., Ivanov Yu.F. Low-energy high-current electron beams of submillisecond duration: some aspects of application in the field of materials science. Stanovlenie i razvitie nauchnyh issledovanii v vysshej shkole: sb. nauch. trudov Mezhdunar. konf. [Formation and development of scientific research in higher education: Proceedings of International Conference]. Tomsk: Publishing house of Tomsk Polytechnic University, 2009, vol. 2, pp. 214-220.

11. Koval N.N., Kolubaeva Yu.A., Teresov A.D., Grigoriev S.V., Devyatkov V.N. Ivanov Yu.F. Steel processing by high-intensity electron beam. Zbirnik naukovih prac' NUK [Transactions of scientific works of the NUS]. Mikolaiv, 2009, no. 3(426), pp. 47-54.

12. Vostrezova A.V.,Vashuk E.S., Budovskikh E.A., Ivanov Yu.F., Gromov V.E. The influence of electron-beam treatment parameters on the surface microhardness of steel 45 after electroexplosive copper plating. Materialovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov: mezhdunar. sb. nauch. tr. [Materials and heat treatment of metals: Intern.Scientific Proceedings. Ed. Emelyushin A.N. and Petrochenko E.V.]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2009, pp. 209-212.

13. Tsvirkun O.A., Budovskikh E.A., Bagautdinov A.Ja. et al. The crystallization morphological features of the iron and nickel sur-face layers in electroexplosive doping. Chyornaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of the universities. Ferrous metallurgy], 2007, no. 6, pp. 40-45

14. Gradient state of the iron and nickel surface layers after electroexplosive doping / Bagautdinov A.Ya., Tsvirkun O.A., Budovskikh EA et al. Metallurg [Metallurg]. 2007, no. 3, pp. 52-57.

15. Bagautdinov A.Ya., Budovskikh E.A., Ivanov Yu.F, Gromov V.E. Formation features of metals and alloys surface layers by electroexplosive doping. Struktura i svojstva perspektivnykh metallicheskikh materialov [Structure and properties of advanced metallic materials. Ed. oPotekaev A.I.]. Tomsk, 2007, pp. 195-212

16. Budovskikh EA Ivanov, Yu.F., Gromov V. E. Formation of nanocomposite layers on the surface of iron and nickel in electroexplosive doping. Evolyutsiya struktury i svojstv metallicheskikh materialov [The evolution of the structure and properties of metallic materials.Ed. of Potekaev A.I.]. Tomsk, 2007. pp. 289-306.

17. Budovskikh E.A., Vashuk E.S., Vostrezova A.V., Gromov V.E., Ivanov Yu.F., Karpij S.V. Features of pulse electron beam surface treatment by electroexplosive alloying of steel 45 and titanium. Strukturno-fazovye sostoyaniya perspektivnykh metallicheskikh materialov [Structural and phase states of promising metallic materials. Ed. Gromov V.E.]. Novokuznetsk, 2009. pp. 28-41.

18. Miroshnichenko I.S. Zakalka iz zhidkogo sostoyaniya [Hardening from the liquid state]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1982, 168 p.

19. Bigeyev A.M. Metallurgiya stali. Teoriya i tekhnologiya plavki stali [Metallurgy of the steel. Theory and technology of melting steel]. Moskow, Metallurgy, 1977, 440 p.