ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper compares parameters of stable and unstable rolling modes for St3ps steel grade applying methods of mathematical statistics. Based on analysis of comparison results several modes were designed for different hot-rolled strip thickness in accordance with various strategies. Optimal rolling schedule and thickness of hot-rolled strip were determined considering existing limitations.

Keywords

Statistics, vibration, cold rolling, computer aided design, strategy of rolling

Rumyantsev Mikhail Igorevich – Ph.D. (Eng), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Shubin Igor Gennadievich – Ph.D. (Eng), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Gorbunov Andrey Victorovich – Head of Laboratory of High-strength Steels, Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works OJSC, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Lukyanov Sergey Anatolievich – Deputy Head of the Cold Complex, Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works OJSC, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Mitasov Vladimir Sergeevich – Postgraduate Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Nasonov Vadim Vyacheslavovich – Engineer of Cold Rolling Laboratory, Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works OJSC, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Egorov Viktor Nikolaevich – Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Laskov S.A., Gorbunov A.V., Lukyanov S.A., Golubchik E.M., Rumyantsev M.I. Experience of developing the production of cold-rolled products at CRC-11. Sovershenstvovanie tekhnologii v OAO «MMK» [Technology improvement at OJSC MMK]. Magnitogorsk: Poligrafia, 2011, iss. 16, pp. 290-302.

2. Garber E.A. and others. Investigation of the vibration causes in the stands of continuous rolling mill. Proizvodstvo prokata [Rolled Products Manufacturing]. 2003, no. 1, pp. 10-12.

3. Lyalin V.S., Zverev I.G., Nikiforova N.G. Statistika. Teoriya i praktika v Excel [Statistics. Theory and Practice in Excel]. Moscow: Finance and Statistics, 2010, 448 p.

4. Rumyantsev M.I., Mitasov V.S., Gorbunov A.V. Simulation of the cold rolling process in order to develop technologies for high-strength cold-rolled steel for automotive industry. Sovershenstvovanie tehnologii v OAO «MMK» [Technology improvement OJSC MMK]. 2009, no. 14, pp. 322-332.

5. Salganik V.M., Medvedev G.A., Rumyantsev M.I. etc. The choice methods for modes and for parameters calculation in the computer aided design of sheet rolling. Trudy tret'ego kongressa prokatchikov [Proceedings of the third congress]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1979. 232 p.

6. Kuznetsov L.A. Primenenie UVM dlya optimizacii tonkolistovoj prokatki [Computer application for optimization of sheet rolling]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1988. 304 p.

7. Pimenov V.A. About the causes of cold rolling stability loss. Izvestiya vuzov. Chyornaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of the universities. Ferrous metallurgy], 1990, no. 8, p. 36-38.

8. Vassilev J.D. Inzhenernye modeli i algoritmy raschyota par-ametrovk holodnoj prokatki [Engineering models and algorithms for calculating the parameters of cold rolling]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1995. 368 p.