ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

We researched conditions of synthesis of silver nanoparticle sols by chemical reduction of silver nitrate with glucose. Optical spectroscopy, electron spectroscopy, and synchronous thermal analysis were applied to conduct physical-chemical research on synthesized silver nanoparticle sols. An absorption spectrum recorded the expressed maximum, when the wavelength was 430 nanometers that corresponds to silver nanoparticle sizes of up to 50 nanometers. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray microanalysis determined silver nanoparticles of up to 50 nanometers. Furthermore, larger aggregates of up to 160 nanometers were found. The TG/DSC curve showed no peak at 961°C (silver melting temperature), confirming that silver nanocrystalline (amorphous) structures were formed. The effect of silver nanoparticles on a shelf life of fresh milk was studied on the basis of milk acidity. It was found that in the packaging containing silver nanoparticles milk acidity grew slower.

Keywords

Silver nitrate, glucose, nanoparticles, optical absorption spectrum, packaging, shelf life.

Kolyada Lyudmila Grigorievna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-33. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Medyanik Nadezhda Leonidovna – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Chemistry Department, Nosov Magnito-gorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Efimova Yuliya Yurievna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Kremneva Anastasiya Vladislavovna – Assistant Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Pomogailo A.D. Nanochastitsy metallov v polimerakh [Nanoparticles of metals in polymers]. Moscow: Chemistry, 2000, 672 p.

2. Krutyakov Yu.A., Kudrinsky A.A., Olenin A.Yu., Lisichkin G.V. Sintez i svoistva nanochastits serebra: dostizheniya i perspektivy. [Synthesis and properties of silver nanoparticles: achievements and prospects]. Uspekhi khimii [Achievements of chemistry], 2008, vol.77, pp. 242-269.

3. Vegera A.V., Zimon A.D. Sintez i fiziko-khimicheskie svoistva nanochastits serebra, stabilizirovannykh kislotnym zhelatinom. [Synthesis and physical-chemical properties of the silver nanoparticles stabilized by acid gelatin]. Zhurnal prikladnoy khimii. [Journal of applied chemistry], 2006, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 1660-1663.

4. Saifullina I.R., Chiganova G.A., Karpov S.V., Slabko V.V. Poluchenie kompozitnykh plenok s nanochastitsami serebra i ikh fraktalnymi agregatami v polimernoy matritse. [Producing composite films with silver nanoparticles and their fractal aggregates in a polymeric matrix]. Zhurnal prikladnoy khimii. [Journal of applied chemistry], 2006, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 1419-1422.

5. Kremleva N.I., Kolyada L.G., Tarasyuk E.V., Efimova Yu.Yu. Poluchenie nanochastits serebra iz rastvorov [Producing silver nanoparticles from solutions] Aktualnye problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya. Sb. dokl. mezhregion. nauch.-tekhn. konferentsii [Current problems of modern science, equipment and education. Collection of reports of the 70th interregional scientific and technical confer-ence]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012, vol. 1, pp. 199-202.

6. Kolyada L.G., Ershova O.V., Efimova Yu.Yu., Tarasyuk E.V. Sintez i issledovaniya nanochastits serebra. [Synthesis and research on silver nanoparticles]. Almanakh sovremennoy nauki i obrazovaniya. [Almanac of modern science and education], 2013, no 10(77), pp. 79-82.

7. Rhim J.-W., Hong S.-I., Park H.-M., W.Ng.J.P.K. Agric. Food Chem., 54, 5814 (2006).

8. GOST 3624-92. Moloko i molochnye produkty. Titrimetricheskie metody opredeleniya kislotnosti [State Staudart 3624-92. Milk and dairy products. Titrimetric methods of acidity determination]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 1993. (In Russian).