ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The article contains the technology of pavement layer compaction in quarries, significantly improving performance characteristics of such pavements. It describes the experience of road construction in a quarry of OJSC Uralasbest and implementation results of the proposed technology. The author made an evaluation of transport and operational properties of the pavement on an experimental site constructed by compacting the road pavement with open pit dump trucks, which are available at the mining enterprise, without distracting them from their operation related to transportation of rock mass. There were found the regularities allowing for determination of the necessary number of dump truck passes to achieve a required degree of pavement compaction. The proposed technology of compaction and the resulting dependences can be used at mining plants using dump trucks, to improve technical and economic performance of open pit vehicles.

Keywords

Road, quarry, pavement layer compaction, construction of roads, open pit dump trucks.

Arefiev Stepan Aleksandrovich – Teacher, Ural State Mining University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. Phone: +7 (343) 257-22-44. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Sidyakov V.А., Коlchanov А.G., Stenin Yu.V. Kar'ernye avtomobil'nye dorogi [Quarry auto roads]. Moscow: Izdatel'skij dom Nedra, 2011, 144 p.: illustrated.

2. Instruktsiya po stroitel'stvu i soderzhaniyu vnutrikar'ernykh avtodorog dlya avtosamosvalov gruzopod"emnost'yu 110-180 tonn. [Instructions for construction and maintenance of inter-quarry roads for dump trucks with a capacity of 110-180 tons]. Kharkov, 1985, 93 p.

3. Stenin Yu.V., Lel Yu.I., Kolchanov A.G. Quarry roads – their importance and problems of improvement. Gornyj informatsionno-analiticheskij byulleten'. [Mining informational and analytical bulletin]. Moscow, 2009, no. 11, pp. 393-400.

4. Thompson R.D., Visser A.T. Fundamentals of integrated design of pit roads in open cast mining. Otkrytye gornye razrabotki. Osushenie i okruzhayushhaya sreda. [Open mining. Drainage and environment], 1997, no. 11, pp. 121 - 128.

5. Stenin Yu.V., Arefiev S.A., Ganiev R.S. Quarry roads – an element of open cast mining. Mir transporta i tekhnologicheskikh mashin. [World of transport and technological machines], 2014, no. 1(44), pp. 55-62.

6. Stenin Yu.V., Arefiev S.A., Ganiev R.S. Relationship of the quarry roads and the process parameters in open cutting. Novye ogneupory. [New refractories], 2014, no. 3 (special issue), pp. 24-25.

7. Lel Yu.I., Stenin Yu.V., Sandrigaylo I.N., Arefiev S.A. Main parameters of equipment used in the construction of quarry roads. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyj zhurnal. [News of universities. Mining Journal], 2014, no. 1, pp. 27-32.

8. Lel Yu.I., Salakhiev R.G., Arefiev S.A., Sandrigaylo I.N. Improvement of the fuel flow rate setting for dump trucks factoring into horizontal equivalents of vertical movements of rock mass. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyj zhurnal. [News of universities. Mining Journal], 2014, no. 2, pp. 107-115.

9. Smirnov V.P., Lel Yu.I. Teoriya kar'ernogo bol'shegruznogo avtotransporta. [Theory of heavy-duty motor transport in quarries]. Yekaterinburg, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2002, 355 p.

10. Lel Yu.I., Stenin Yu.V., Kolchanov A.G., Arefiev S.A. Problems of improving parameters and performance of quarry roads. Nerudnaya promyshlennost'. [Non-metal industry]. Saint-Petersburg: Red line, 2012, no. 2(9), pp. 18-25.