ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-62-72

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance).Due to the need to develop new wear-resistant structural materials, including by methods of powder metallurgy, resistant to impact and abrasive wear, and manufacturing technology for parts of drilling pumps. Methods Applied. To prepare an analytical description of rheology of the mechanical model of testing structural materials for impact and abrasive wear resistance, the authors used the law of conservation of energy or work balance and the principle of superposition based on the assessment of total deformation. Impact and abrasive wear resistance was evaluated on a specially designed installation with continuous supply of powdered electrocorundum. To determine the experimental stress-strain state, an elastic-dissipative substrate was deposited at a load of 300 N on a stand designed for static testing of multilayer materials. The ANSYS Mechanical software suite was also used to study the stress-strain state of the cylindrical samples with the elastic-dissipative substrate. An X-ray microanalysis was carried out in the Resource Sharing Center of South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI), applying a Quanta 200 scanning electron microscope with a resolution of 5 nm with an EDAX GENESIS X-ray microanalyzer equipped with a computer and appropriate software. Results and scientific importance. It is established that during impact-abrasive testing of structural steel P40Kh produced by hot stamping of porous sintered blanks, using a rubber elastic-dissipative substrate, the amount of absorbed energy depends not only on the physical and mechanical properties of the elastic-dissipative substrate, but also on its geometric parameters. It has been experimentally shown that at the same height of the rubber elastic-dissipative substrate with a hole, the dissipation behaviour, and, respectively, impact-abrasive wear resistance of the tested material is 1.5–2 times greater than when using the elastic-dissipative substrate without a hole. Practical Relevance. The paper proposes a method for determining the stress-strain state of the rubber elastic-dissipative substrate, when testing structural materials for impact and abrasive wear resistance, and shows the effect of intensity of stresses and deformations on dissipation. The mechanism of destruction of the powder sample surface during impact-abrasive wear is revealed. The paper shows the influence of a chemical composition of abrasive particles on the destruction mechanism of the surface of powder steels at the initial stage of testing and in the steady-state wear mode.

Keywords

stress-strain state, dissipative substrate, impact-abrasive wear resistance, hot-stamped powder steel.

For citation

Sirotin P.V., Gasanov B.G., Ismailov M.A., Drobyazko N.A. Influence of the Stress-Strain State of an Elastic-Dissipative Substrate on Impact-Abrasive Wear Resistance of Hot-Stamped Powder Structural Steels.Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 62–72. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-62-72

Sirotin P.V. Platov South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI), Novocherkassk, Russia

Gasanov B.G. Platov South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI), Novocherkassk, Russia

Ismailov M.A. Platov South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI), Novocherkassk, Russia

Drobyazko N.A. Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia

1. Kragelsky I.V., Alisin V.V. Trenie, iznashivanie i smazka: Spravochnik [Friction, wear and lubrication: Handbook]. Moscow: Mechanical engineering, 1978, book 1, 400 p. (In Russ.)

2. Vinogradov V.N., Sorokin G.M. Iznosostoykost staley i splavov: ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov [Wear resistance of steels and alloys: textbook for universities]. Moscow: Oil and Gas, 1994, 417 p. (In Russ.)

3. Vinogradov V.N., Sorokin G.M., Kolokolnikov M.G. Abrazivnoe iznashivanie [Abrasive wear]. Moscow: Mechanical engineering, 1990, 222 p. (In Russ.)

4. Abdyukova R.Ya., Bagautdinov N.Ya. Analysis of the causes of drilling pump valve failures. Ekspluatatsiya neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy i podgotovka nefti [Exploitation of oil and gas fields and oil preparation], 2012, no. 4, pp. 66–70. (In Russ.)

5. Gasanov B.G., Sirotin P.V. Powder materials for parts operating under shock-abrasive wear. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2011, no. 3, pp. 61–64. (In Russ.)

6. Gasanov B.G., Babets A.V., Baev S.S. Influence of a chemical composition on heat resistance and impact wear resistance of materials based on sprayed powders of high-chromium steel. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2021, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 45–55. DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-79-89

7. Sirotin P.V., Gasanov B.G., Ismailov M.A. Evaluation of the possibility of increasing impact-abrasive wear resistance of composite materials by optimizing their elastic-dissipative properties. Aktualnye problemy poroshkovogo materialovedeniya: materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Current issues of powder materials science: proceedings of the international scientific and technical conference]. Perm: Publishing house of Perm National Research Polytechnic University], 2018, vol. 1, pp. 287–295. (In Russ.)

8. Gun G.Ya. Teoreticheskie osnovy obrabotki metallov davleniem [Theory of metal forming]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1980, 456 p. (In Russ.)

9. Arkulis G.E., Dorogobid V.G. Teoriya plastichnosti [Theory of plasticity]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1987, 352 p. (In Russ.)

10. Gromov N.P. Teoriya obrabotki metallov davleniem [Theory of metal forming]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1978, 360 p. (In Russ.)

11. Dorofeev Yu.G., Gasanov B.G., Dorofeev V.Yu., Mishchenko V.N., MiroshnikovV.I. Promyshlennaya tekhnologiya goryachego pressovaniya poroshkovykh izdeliy [Industrial technology of hot pressing of powder products]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1990, 206 p. (In Russ.)

12. Gasanov B.G., Sirotin P.V., Efimov A.D. Ustanovka dlya ispytaniya na udarno-abrazivnoe i udarno-gidroabrazivnoe iznashivanie konstruktsionnykh i specialnykh materialov [Installation for testing for impact-abrasive and impact-hydroabrasive wear of structural and special materials]. Patent RU, no. 2434219, 2011.

13. Sirotin P.V., Ismailov M.A. Stend dlya staticheskikh ispytaniy kompozitsionnykh mnogosloynykh materialov (Varianty) [Stand for static testing of composite multilayer materials (Options)]. Patent RU, no. 2725530, 2020.

14. Bruyaka V.A., Fokin V.G., Kuraeva Ya.V. Inzhenerny analiz v ANSYS Workbench: ucheb. posobie [Engineering analysis in ANSYS Workbench: textbook]. Samara: Samara State Technical University, 2013, 149 p. (In Russ.)