ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-36-43

Abstract

Relevance.TheNorth Urals bauxite deposits are a main source of high quality aluminum raw materials in Russia. These deposits are mined since the 1970s and now mining operations have reached the level deeper than 1 km. The North Urals bauxite deposits are characterized by difficult mining and geological conditions. It is particularly important to mention the rock burst hazard, increasing with depth. Within 15 years JSCNorth Urals Bauxite Mine intends to increase production capacity of mines, including by applying high performance mining process flows. The existing mining processes do not provide for the required increase in production capacity without prejudicing safety of stoping operations. One of the factors is the effect of stoping on the bump hazardous massif. Therefore, searching and providing the rationale for process solutions on reducing the effect of stoping on the bump hazardous massif is currently relevant for mining science. Methods Applied. When conducting the studies, we used such methods as a statistical analysis, a comparative analysis, determination of the breakage parameters, influencing the bump hazardous massif. Originality.Originality is that the radically new technology is proposed for mining the North Urals bauxite deposits. The said technology contributes to decreasing the effect of stoping on the bump hazardous massif and increasing performance of a mining block. Results. The paper describes the relation between the breakage parameters and abutment pressure on the selvedge of the massif. It was concluded that breakage of chamber reserves with hydraulic breakers at theNorth Urals bauxite deposits reduced the effect of stoping on the bump hazardous massif.Practical Relevance.The proposed blast-free technology of mining of the North Urals bauxite deposits provides for increased production capacity, decreased mining cost and differs from the applicable process flows in having comparatively less effect on the bump hazardous massif.

Keywords

underground mining, difficult mining and geological conditions, blast-free technology, hydraulic breaker, mechanical breakage.

For citation

Kholmskiy A.V., Fomin S.I. Reducing the Effect of Stoping on the Bump Hazardous Massif Using the Blast-Free Technology, when Developing the North Urals Bauxite Deposits. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 36–43. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-36-43

Kholmskiy A.V. Saint Petersburg Mining University, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Fomin S.I. Saint Petersburg Mining University, Saint Petersburg, Russia

1. Anfimov A.L. The lithological and facies characteristics of the boehmite-containing limestones of the above-ore strata at the North Urals Bauxite Mine.Litologiya i poleznye iskopaemye [Litology and Minerals], 2015, no. 3, pp. 3–8. (In Russ.)

2. Sidorov D.V. Geomechanical rationale for structural parameters of the room-and-pillar system to design deep levels at the North Urals Bauxite Mine. Zapiski Gornogo Instituta [Journal of Mining Institute], 2012, vol. 199, pp. 134–141. (In Russ.)

3. Galchenko Yu.P. Solution of geoecological problems in underground mining of deep iron ore deposits. Eurasian Mining, 2018, no. 1, pp. 35–40. DOI: 10.17580/em.2018.01.08

4. Kozhakhmetova Z.Zh.,Kozhakhmetov O.S. Modern methods of mining bauxite deposits. Molodoy ucheny [Young Scientist], 2017, no. 17 (151), pp. 95–98. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/151/42900/ (In Russ.)

5. Sidorov D.V. Methodology of reducing rock-bump hazard, when using the room-and-pillar system of mining of the North Urals Bauxite Mine at great depth.Zapiski Gornogo Instituta [Journal of Mining Institute], 2017, vol. 223, pp. 58–69. DOI: 10.18454/PMI.2017.1.58

6. Ismael M. Performance prediction of hydraulic breakers in excavation of a rock mass. Rudarsko-geološko-naftni zbornik (The Mining-Geological-Petroleum Bulletin), 2021, vol. 36, no. 4.

7. Litvinov A.R. Obosnovanie parametrov skhem potochnoy tekhnologii bezvzryvnoy posloyno-polosovoy otrabotki massivov krepkikh porod: avtoref. diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Providing the rationale for parameters of flow technology of blast-free layer-band mining of hard rock massifs: Abstract of the PhD thesis]. Moscow, 2001, 24 p. (In Russ.)

8. Ficarella A., Giuffrida A., Laforgia D. Numerical investigations on the working cycle of a hydraulic breaker: off-design performance and influence of design parameters. International Journal of Fluid Power, 2006, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 41–50.

9. Anistratov Yu.I. Efficiency of blast-free technologies for open pit mining of rocks. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining Industry], 1997, no. 2, pp. 20–23. (In Russ.)

10. Pankevich Yu.B. The use of powerful hydraulic breakers by Krupp for blast-free mining of mineral deposits solves the issues of ecology and product quality. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining Industry], 1997, no. 2, p. 45. (In Russ.)

11. Labutin V.N., Markov V.S. Prospects of using a combined method of rock breaking. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin], 2015, no. 12. (In Russ.)

12. Lysikov B.A., Reznik A.V., Dubinin A.V. Blast-free environmentally friendly tunneling with hydraulic breakers. Donetsk: Donetsk Technical University, 2004, pp. 143–145. (In Russ.)

13. Toraño J. et al. Environmental impact of rock excavation in urban areas: comparison between blasting and hydraulic breaker hammer. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems, 2006, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 117–126.

14. Bolobov V.I., Le Thanh B., Plashchinsky V.A. On the crack propagation along the rock on impact. Obogashchenie rud [Enrichment of Ores], 2019, no. 6, pp. 3–8. (In Russ.)

15. Bolobov V.I., Le Thanh Binh, Chupin S.A., Plashchinsky V.A. Dependence between the life of a hydraulic breaker pick and wear resistance of its material. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Science and Technical Journal)], 2020, no. 5, pp. 68-79. DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-5-0-68-79

16. Kholodnyakov G.A., Polovinko A.V., Ligotskiy D.N. Ecological mining of hard rocks using hydraulic breakers. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Science and Technical Journal)], 2012, no. 3, pp. 70–74. (In Russ.)