ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-3-90-101

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). Quality indicators of finished products determine its demand in the consumer market. To decide on the applicability of materials and structures in the construction industry, it is currently the most appropriate to perform experimental studies, whose results are to be analyzed using an information database and knowledge. Objectives. The purpose of the experimental study presented in the paper is to generate new knowledge about the quality of concrete samples in a new information field that consolidates information about the results of full-scale tests and video streams that are obtained during active laboratory experiments. Methods Applied. When conducting the experimental studies, the authors used a conventional technology of testing concrete samples for axial compression accompanied by continuous monitoring and a video stream for each sample. Originality. A distinctive feature of the study is the information field of experiments, which contains three levels: the level of initial data, the level of analyzing the initial data and the level of generating new knowledge. At the end of the experiment, the level of analyzing the initial data using the video stream results in getting information that cannot be captured in real time. Results. The paper presents the examples of crack propagation on the sample surface. The samples under study were used to calculate time intervals at various rates of defect growth. It has been proved that filtration algorithms and the Canny edge detector can be used to process images of the concrete samples from the beginning of their loading till their fracture. Practical Relevance. The results were used to identify new opportunities for forming the information field during conventional experimental studies of the quality of concrete samples and, using the information obtained, to identify development patterns of surface discontinuity that cannot be detected using organoleptic control methods. New opportunities for forming the information field contribute to obtaining and processing real time information on the state of concrete and reinforced concrete structures of construction projects in terms of their quality and, using such data, to predict the risk of accidents, including at hazardous production facilities.

Keywords

Product quality indicators, concrete samples, experimental basis, information field, generation of new knowledge about quality.

For citation

Narkevich M.Yu., Logunova O.S., Kornienko V.D., Nikolaev A.A., Tyulyumov A.N., Zlydarev N.V., Deryabin D.I. Quality of Materials, Products and Structures in Industrial Safety: an Empirical Basis. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 90–101. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-3-90-101

Mikhail Yu. Narkevich – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Design of Buildings and Building Structures, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-6608-8293.

Oksana S. Logunova – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Computer Science and Programming, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-7006-8639.

Vladimir D. Kornienko – Category 1 Expert on Industrial Safety for Buildings and Structures, Lead Engineer in the field of examination of industrial safety, Research Institute of Industrial Safety, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Anton A. Nikolaev – student, Department of Computer Science and Programming, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-4254-6813

Aleksandr N. Tyulyumov – student, Department of Computer Science and Programming, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3988-845X

Nikita V. Zlydarev – student, Department of Computer Science and Programming, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-3511-4775

Denis I. Deryabin – student, Department of Design of Buildings and Building Structures, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Narkevich M.Yu., Kornienko V.D., Logunova O.S. et al. Analysis of efficiency of the existing system for assessing the quality of materials, products and structures at hazardous production facilities. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 103–111. DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-103-111.

2. Jevtic R.B. Safety in residential buildings: evacuation from residential buildings without fire escape stairs. Military Technical Courier, 2021, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 148–178.

3. Shcherbina V.I. Development of a set of interstate standards for functional safety of systems related to safety of buildings and structures. IT-standart [IT-Standard], 2017, no. 1 (10), pp. 1–5. (In Russ.)

4. Logunova O.S., Pavlov V.V., Nurov Kh.Kh. Statistical evaluation of the sulfur print of the transverse template of the continuously cast billet. Elektrometallurgiya [Electrometallurgy], 2004, no. 5, pp. 18–24. (In Russ.)

5. Tutarova V.D., Logunova O.S. Analysis of the surface temperature of continuously cast ingot beyond the zones of air cooling. Stal, 1998, no. 8, pp. 21–23.

6. Logunova O.S., Arkulis M.B. Features of a scientific experiment: concept, classification and purpose. Sovremennye dostizheniya universitetskikh nauchnykh shkol: sb. dokladov natsionalnoy nauchnoy shkoly-konferentsii [Current achievement of the university scientific schools: collection of reports of the national scientific school-conference]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2019, pp. 78–85. (In Russ.)

7. Novikov A.M., Novikov D.A. Metodologiya [Methodology]. Moscow: SINTEG, 2007, 668 p. (In Russ.)

8. Logunova O.S., Romanov P.Yu., Ilina E.A. Obrabotka eksperimentalnykh dannykh na EVM: uchebnik [Processing experimental data on a computer: Textbook]. Series: Higher education: Postgraduate studies (second edition revised and extended). Moscow: Inform-M, 2021, 337 p. (In Russ.)

9. Morgunov A.P., Revina I.V. Planirovanie i analiz rezultatov eksperimenta: ucheb. posobie [Planning and analyzing experimental results: a tutorial]. Omsk: Publishing House of OmSTU, 2014, 344 p. (In Russ.)

10. Sinozerskiy A.N., Mukhtarov R.A. Determining a strain and stress state at the destruction of prisms made of fine-grained concrete eccentrically compressed at standard speed by test results. Stroitelnaya mekhanika i konstruktsii [Building Mechanics and Structures], 2013, no. 2 (7), pp. 56–62. (In Russ.)

11. Artamonov D.A., Nizina T.A., Korovkin D.I. et al. Results of full-scale tests of fine-grained concrete compositions. Tekhnicheskoe regulirovanie v transportnom stroitelstve [Technical Regulation in Transport Construction], 2015, no. 6 (14), pp. 75–80. (In Russ.)

12. Martos V.V. Sposob ispytaniya prochnosti betona monolitnykh stroitelnykh konstruktsiy i ankernoe prisposoblenie dlya ispytaniya prochnosti betona monolitnykh stroitelnykh konstruktsiy [Method of testing strength of concrete in monolithic building structures and an anchor device for testing strength of concrete in monolithic building structures]. Patent RF, no. 2582277, 2016.

13. GOST 10180-2012. Concrete. Methods for determining strength using reference specimens. Moscow: Gosstandart, 2012, 34 p. (In Russ.)

14. Kurbatov V.L., Sereda O.A., Pastukhov S.V. Analysis of existing methods of dilatometric testing of concrete. Vestnik Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta im. V.G. Shukhova [Bulletin of Shukhov Belgorod State Technological University], 2009, no. 1, pp. 97–100. (In Russ.)

15. Klyachko L.M., Umansky V.L., Makarov B.A., Krotov A.S., Yakovlev I.V., Kiselev M.N. Kamera dlya ispytaniy betona i drugikh tverdykh materialov na morozostoykost [Chamber for testing concrete and other hard materials for frost resistance]. Patent RF, no. 145755, 2014.

16. Gulunov V.V., Pau A.A., Gulunov A.V., Gershkovich G.B. Ustroystvo dlya ispytaniya betonov [Device for testing concrete]. Patent RF, no. 2212663, 2003.

17. Chernousov N.N., Chernousov R.N. Sposob ispytaniya dispersno-armirovannykh betonov na rastyazhenie [Method of tensile testing of fiber-reinforced concrete]. Patent RF, no. 2402008, 2010.

18. Melnikov B.A., Chebykin V.A., Gubaidullin G.A. Sposob ispytaniya na prochnost betona stroitelnykh konstruktsiy, ustroystvo dlya rastochki profilnoy kanavki, ankernoe prisposoblenie dlya ispytaniya betona stroitelnykh konstruktsiy, silovoe ustroystvo dlya ispytaniya betona stroitelnykh konstruktsiy, konduktor dlya sverleniya otverstiy [Method of testing strength of concrete of building structures, a device for boring a profile groove, an anchor device for testing concrete of building structures, a power device for testing concrete of building structures, a jig for drilling holes]. Patent RF, no. 2271528, 2006.

19. Potapov V.V., Gorev D.S. Results of testing experimental compositions of fine-grained concrete with added nanosilica and microsilica. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii [Modern Science-Intensive Technologies], 2019, no. 3–2, pp. 232–238. (In Russ.)

20. Chernyakevich V.I., Pushkarenko N.N. Planning an experiment to optimize the composition of fine-grained cement concrete for precast slabs of forest roads. Lesnoy vestnik [Forestry Bulletin], 2000, no. 1, pp. 105–110. (In Russ.)

21. Snezhkov D.Yu., Leonovich S.N. Combination of non-destructive testing methods for concrete. Vestnik Brestskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Stroitelstvo i arkhitektura [Bulletin of Brest State Technical University. Construction and Architecture], 2017, no. 1 (103), pp. 87–92. (In Russ.)

22. Gorbunov I.A., Vasilkov V.E. Compressive strength of concrete from the point of view of fracture mechanics. Problemy mashinostroeniya i avtomatizatsii [Engineering and Automation Problems], 2006, no. 3, pp. 51–54. (In Russ.)

23. Li Ch.S. Study on the application of fracture mechanics to concrete structures. Trudy Dalnevostochnogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Far Eastern State Technical University], 2004, no. 137, pp. 154–156. (In Russ.)

24. Snezhkov D.Yu., Leonovich S.N., Latysh A.V. Monitoring of reinforced concrete structures under construction using non-destructive tests of concrete strength parameters. Vestnik Brestskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Stroitelstvo i arkhitektura [Bulletin of Brest State Technical University. Construction and Architecture], 2014, no. 1 (85), pp. 102–106. (In Russ.)

25. Zadumkin K.A., Kondakov I.A., Ivanov M.N. The process of generating knowledge: basic concepts and essence. Ekonomika regiona: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya [Economy of the Region: Problems and Prospects of Development], 2010, no. 4 (50), pp. 23–30. (In Russ.)