ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-3-16-23

Abstract

The strategy for increasing efficiency of the mining industry in Russia can be a diversification of production using metal leaching technologies, as an alternative to conventional technologies with the loss of substandard raw materials. Efficiency of in-situ leaching is studied by an integrated method, including an assessment of the quality of ore crushing and the parameters of metal extraction from ores into a production solution with driving reference workings for quantitative confirmation. Long-term industrial experiments have proved the possibility of extracting metals from substandard raw materials not only with a decrease in losses, but also with an increase in reserves due to metal-containing raw materials. The issues of the diversification of mining production based on the technology of metal leaching are considered by systematizing and detailing of the experience in a practical application of technologies with the leaching of metals in underground mine blocks. It is concluded that in order to expand the range of application of the leaching technology, the conventional technology of ore preparation for the extraction of metals in situ needs to ensure the desired particle size distribution, uniform density of ore distribution in the shrinkage stope, create conditions for filtrating leaching solution flows and prevent losses of production solutions. The obtained regularities of physicochemical processes of leaching in underground blocks, stacks above ground and in activators of hydrometallurgical plants can be used in the extraction of metals from chemically opened metal-containing raw materials. Conversion and diversification of mining production requires the development of a scientific basis for leaching, including increasing extraction from ores, ensuring the required particle size distribution, intensifying the process, etc. Thus, generalized theoretical and experimental findings obtained in Russia and abroad may be highly useful.

Keywords

Diversification, metal leaching, underground blocks, metals, ores, crushing, metal extraction, reagent solution.

For citation

Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Mitsik M.F., Yakshina V.V. Experience in Mine Leaching of Metals from Ores. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 16–23. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-3-16-23

Vladimir I. Golik – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, North Caucasus State Technological University, Vladikavkaz, Russia, Professor of the Department of Mining, South Russian State Polytechnic University, Novocherkassk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Yuri I. Razorenov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Rector of South Russian State Polytechnic University, Novocherkassk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mikhail F. Mitsik – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Mathematics and Applied Informatics, Institute of Service Sector and Entrepreneurship (branch) of DSTU, Shakhty, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Viktoria V. Yakshina – Postgraduate, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Burdzieva O.G., Zaalishvili V.B., Beriev O.G., Kanukov A.S., Maysuradze M.V. Mining impact on environment on the North Ossetian territory. International Journal of GEOMATE, 2016, 10 (1), pp. 1693–1697.

2. Lyashenko V.I., Dudchenko A.H., Rakhmanov R.A. Scientific and methodological support and technical maintenance for drilling and blasting preparation of rock ores for underground block leaching. Scientific and technical journal “Explosion Technology”, 2020, no. 127/84, pp. 102–134.

3. Bosikov I.I., Klyuev R.V. System analysis methods for the natural and industrial system of the mining and metallurgical complex. Vladikavkaz, 2015, 124 p. (In Russ.)

4. Golik V.I., Burdzieva O.G., Ganin M.P. An ecological concept of natural leaching of metal ores. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o zemle [Proceedings of Tula State University. Geosciences], 2019, no. 2, pp. 16–26. (In Russ.)

5. Golik V.I., Dmitrak Yu. V., Komashchenko V.I., Kachurin N.M. Management of the properties of hardening mixtures, when filling the mined-out space of ore deposits. Zapiski Gornogo instituta [Journal of the Mining Institute], 2020, vol. 243, pр. 283–285. (In Russ.)

6. Golik V.I., Lukyanov V.G., Kachurin N.M., Stas G.V. Efficiency of combining ore mining technologies within the ore field. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov [Bulletin of Tomsk Polytechnic University. Georesources Engineering], 2020, vol. 331, no. 10, рр. 32–39. (In Russ.)

7. Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Karginov K.G. The basis for sustainable development of North Ossetia-Alania is the mining industry. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2017, vol. 9, no. 2 (32), рр. 163–171. (In Russ.)

8. Golik V.I., Tsidaev B.S., Logachev A.V. Increasing the profitability of oil production by diversifying technologies. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2019, vol. 11, no. 1 (39), pp. 98–104. (In Russ.)

9. Dmitrak Yu.V., Kamnev E.N. JSC Design & Survey and Research & Development Institute of Industrial Technology: a path for 65 years. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2016, no. 3, рр. 6–12. (In Russ.)

10. Dmitrak Yu.V., Tsidaev B.S., Dzaparov V.Kh., Kharebov G.Kh. Mineral resources base of non-ferrous metallurgy in Russia. Vektor GeoNauk [Vector of GeoSciences], 2019, vol. 2, no. 1, рр. 9–18. (In Russ.)

11. Kaplunov D.R., Rylnikova M.V., Radchenko D.N. Scientific and methodological foundations of designing an ecologically balanced cycle of integrated development and conservation of the Earth's interior. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin], 2015, no. 4 (special issue no. 15), рр. 5–11. (In Russ.)

12. Komashchenko V.I., Vasiliev P.V., Maslennikov S.A. A reliable raw material base is for underground mining of the KMA deposits. Izvestiya TulGU. Nauki o Zemle [Proceedings of Tula State University. Geosciences], 2016, no. 2, рр. 95–101. (In Russ.)

13. Komashchenko V.I., Dzaparov V.Kh., Dzeranov B.V., Stas G.V. Breaking of ores with modernized borehole charges. Vektor GeoNauk [Vector of GeoSciences], 2019, vol. 2, no. 3, рр. 40–46. (In Russ.)

14. Kondratiev Yu.I., Kondratieva I.Yu., Miretsky A.V., Malieva Z.V. Leaching of polymetallic ores with sulfuric acid-chloride solutions with the addition of some reagents. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Tsventnaya metallurgiya [Izvestiya. Non-Ferrous Metallurgy], 2006, no. 4, рр. 34–37. (In Russ.)

15. Brigida V.S., Kozhiev Kh.Kh., Saryan A.A., Dzhioeva A.K. Spatiotemporal objectives of geoecology: an interdisciplinary approach. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin], 2020, no. 4, рр. 20–32. DOI: 10.25018/0236-14932020-4-0-20-32.

16. Khulelidze K.K., Kondratiev Yu.I., Betrozov Z.S., Zaalishvili V.B. Assessment of primary and technogenic deposits in North Ossetia-Alania as possible objects of the application of the underground and heap leaching technology. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2016, no. 1, рр. 46-49. (In Russ.)

17. Briggs D. Recovery of copper by solution mining methods. Tucson: Arizona Geological Survey, 2015. 109 p.

18. Ghorbani Y., Franzidis J.-P., Petersen J. Heap leaching technology - current state, innovations, and future directions: a review. Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Review. 2016, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 73–119.

19. Haifeng Wang, Yaqun He, Chenlong Duan, Yuemin Zhao, Youjun Tao, Cuiling Ye. Development of mineral processing engineering education in China University of Mining and Technology. Advances in Computer Science and Engineering. AISC 141. Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2012, pp. 77–83.

20. MacCarthy J., Nosrati A., Skinner W., Addai-Mensah J. Atmospheric acid leaching mechanisms and kinetics and rheological studies of a low grade saprolitic nickel laterite ore. Hydrometallurgy. 2016, vol. 160, pp. 26–37.

21. Matthews T. Dilution and ore loss projections: Strategies and considerations. SME Annual Conference and Expo and CMA 117th National Western Mining Conference – Mining: Navigating the Global Waters. Denver, United States, 2015, pp. 529–532.

22. Randolf E., Miller Sh., Miller G. Minimizing acid consumption in mixed oxide / supergene and sulfide heap leach. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Heap Leach Solution, 2015. Lima, pp. 123–130.

23. Sinclair L., Thompson J. In situ leaching of copper: Challenges and future prospects. Hydrometallurgy. 2015, vol. 157, pp. 306–324.

24. Melnikov I.T., Gavrishev S.E., Mikhailov A.G., Pytalev I.A., Shevtsov N.S., Vasiliev K.P. A new approach for evaluating the efficiency of mining and processing plants. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining Industry], 2012, no. 5 (105), pp. 60–66. (In Russ.)