ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-14-22

Abstract

Now, growth of the country's resource potential largely depends on the study of natural and man-made high-сlay gold-bearing placer deposits of the Far Eastern Region, and development of technologies and equipment for exploitation. This paper analyzes known methods and means of processing high-сlay gold-bearing sands applied and proposed for their use at facilities with a higher content of fine fractions of valuable components. The author studied and proved by experiments and analysis a polymineral nature of placers of gold-bearing deposits on Antoine Square in the southern part of the Khabarovsk Territory. Sands mainly contain gold, silver, manganese, vanadium, zinc, tungsten, nickel and other valuable components. A laser diffraction microanalysis has established a significant amount of micron-sized particles, including valuable components. It was found that a predominant distribution of mineral particles in sizes is less than 45 µm. Enclosing rock is dominated by montmorillonite, a clay mineral. Taking into account sustainability and efficiency of the processing technology, it is reasonable to develop the use of hydrodynamic effects on high-clay rocks of placers. When designing a set of facilities, it is required to factor in granulometry, a mass fraction of a silt-clay faction, gold morphology and other valuable components. The paper presents practical approaches to the development of the field in question with improved technical facilities. To ensure technological efficiency and resource conservation, when processing high-clay rocks, it is proposed to use a geotechnical complex with hydrodynamic cavitation reactors that do not require additional energy, and automatic gravity dressing plants with automated lifting of riffles or automated washing by turning a collecting surface. By designing such automated plants as multi-level ones, we can improve performance by increasing a collecting surface area by 40 times.

Keywords

High-clay sands, disintegration, geotechnical complex, cavitation reactor.

For citation

Khrunina N.P. Improving the Complex of Means for the Processing of High-Clay Gold-Bearing Sands of Placers. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 14–22. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-2-14-22

Natalia P. Khrunina – PhD (Eng.), Lead Researcher, Institute of Mining, the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-8117-0922

1. Evdokimov S.I., Gerasimenko T.E., Trotsenko I.G. Feasibility study of the joint processing of gold ores and placers. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, no. 4, vol. 18, pp. 12–23. doi: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-4-12-23.

2. Khrunina N.P. Improving the development processes of high-clay ore placer deposits of the Far Eastern region. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal]. 2018, no. 10, pp. 39–42. doi: 10.17580/gzh.2018.10.07. ISSN 0017-2278

3. Chanturiya V.A., Bunin I.Zh. Unconventional high-energy methods of disintegration and opening of fine-dispersed mineral complexes. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh [Physical and Technical Problems of Mining], 2007, no. 3, pp. 107–128. (In Russ.)

4. Kochnev V.G., Grushinskaya O.V. Disintegration of hard-to-wash sands with high plasticity clay. Zolotodobycha [Gold Mining]. 2021, no. 2 (267). Available at: drive.google.com (Accessed on March 25, 2021)

5. Zlatev М., Kolomietts А. HYDRO-CLEAN: extracting more gold from refractory ores is possible. Zhurnal Globus [Globe Journal]. 2021, no. 1 (65). Available at: www.vnedra.ru (Accessed on March 24, 2021).

6. Elshin V.V., Melnyk S.A. Current state and prospects of development of technology of desorption of gold from the saturated activated carbons. Austrian Journal of Technical and Natural Sciences. 2014, no. 9–10, pp. 114–118.

7. Rukovich A.V., Rochev V.F. Disintegration of frozen clay rocks under the influence of chemical fields and the aquatic environment. Advances in Current Natural Sciences. 2017, no. 5, pp. 123–127. ISSN 1681–7494.

8. Kislyakov V.E., Nikitin A.V. Preparation of clay sands from placer deposits for disintegration by controlled water saturation. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2010, no. 2, pp. 28–30. (In Russ.)

9. Khrunina N.P., Cheban A.Yu. Assessment of the impact of water saturation on the disintegration of high-clay sands in the development of placers of precious metals. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2015, no. 4 (52), pp. 50–55. (In Russ.)

10. Myazin V.P. Povyshenie effektivnosti pererabotki glinistykh zolotosoderzhashchikh peskov. Ch. 2. [Improving the efficiency of processing clay gold sands. Part 2]. Chita: ChitaSTU, 1996, 119 p. (In Russ.)

11. Mirzekhanov G.S., Litvintsev V.S. State and problems of development of man-made deposits of precious metals in the Far Eastern Region. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2018, no. 10, pp. 25–30. (In Russ.)

12. Mirzekhanov G.S., Litvintsev V.S., Alekseev V.S. Prospects for large-scale development of man-made placer deposits of precious metals. Marksheideriya i nedropolzovanie [Mine Surveying and Subsoil Use], 2019, no. 6, pp. 22–30. (In Russ.)

13. Litvintsev V.S. Main directions of the strategy for the development of man-made ore and placer deposits of precious metals. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2013, no.10, pp. 38–41. (In Russ.)

14. Semenov A.N., Seryi R.S. Study of the processes of disintegration of hard-to-wash sands of placer deposits of gold. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyi zhurnal [News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal]. 2019, no. 8, pp. 88–96. DOI: 10.21440/0536-1028-2019-8-88-96.

15. Karepanov A.V., Semenov A.N. Research on clay softening using hydrodynamic cavitation. Sovremennye tekhnologii osvoeniya mineralnykh resursov: sb. nauch. trudov [Modern technologies for the development of mineral resources: proceedings]. Krasnoyarsk: GATsMiZ, 2005, pp. 190–194. (In Russ.)

16. Seryi R.S. Improving the efficiency of developing high-clay placers. Marksheideriya i nedropolzovanie [Mine Surveying and Subsoil Use], 2009, no. 6, pp. 51–53. (In Russ.)

17. Shirman G.V., Matveev A.I. Study of the process of washing clay materials using the disintegration and classification plant. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2014, no. 10, pp. 189–192. (In Russ.)

18. Shkaruba N.A., Kislyakov V.E., Borisov F.I. Features of rationale for the simulation parameters of the erosion of rocks by jets of pressure water of the hydraulic monitor. Vestnik Zabaykalskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Vestnik of Transbaikal State University], 2019, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 32–38. (In Russ.)

19. Mamaev Yu.A., Khrunina N.P. Ustanovka dlya obogashcheniya peskov rossypei [A dressing plant for sands of placers]. Patent RF, no. 1559503, 1988.

20. Khrunina N.P., Mamaev Yu.A., Molodnyakova E.K. Avtomaticheskaya ustanovka dlya obogashcheniya poleznykh iskopaemykh s bokovym spoloskom [An automatic plant for mineral dressing with side washing]. Patent RF, no. 2198734, 2003.

21. Khrunina N.P., Mamaev Yu.A., Scherbunov A.I. Avtomaticheskaya ustanovka dlya obogashcheniya rud i rossypei [An automatic plant for dressing of ores and placers]. Patent RF, no. 2200630, 2003.

22. Khrunina N.P., Mamaev Yu.A., Shcherbunov A.I. Avtomaticheskaya ustanovka dlya obogashcheniya rud i rossypei s ustanovkami dovodki kontsentrata [An automatic plant for dressing of ores and placers with concentrate recovery plants]. Patent RF, no. 2203143, 2003.

23. Khrunina N.P. Sposob aktivizatsii kavitatsionno-gidrodinamicheskoy mikrodezintegratsii mineralnoy sostavlyayushchei gidrosmesi [Method of activating the cavitation-hydrodynamic micro-disintegration of a mineral component of hydraulic fluid]. Patent RF, no. 2652517, 2018.