ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-3-4-12

Abstract

Relevance and Objective of the Study. Due to depleting mineral resources, industrial companies are involved in mining deposits or their individual sections with increasingly complex mining and technical conditions. Complex structure deposits of valuable mineral raw materials should be mined taking into account the resource-saving principles and ensuring the selection and downstream blending of technological types of ores to reduce a non-uniform composition of the ore mass entering the beneficiation stage. The quality of the mined ore mass influences the efficiency of all the downstream processes; therefore, the mining technology and its parameters are to be linked to the mineralization structure of the mining block and the ore value, complying with the requirements for the beneficiation technology. Objective. To develop a technology for the mining of complex structure deposits ensuring a selective preparation for the excavation and the actual excavation of various ore grades, while ensuring a high-quality blending of the low-grade and run-of-mine ore masses to prepare ore mass parameters optimal for subsequent processing and to ensure maximum metal yield in the beneficiation process. Results. The paper proposes the technology of the combined preparation for the selective extraction of ores from complex structure deposits, using a flexible combination of mechanical, explosive and special methods of rock disintegration. The technology consists in the allocation and outlining of zones of ores of different grades based on the data of the accompanying operational exploration and preliminary mechanical extraction of the highest-grade (lump) ores using drilling. Then the high-grade ore zones are drilled with boreholes or small-diameter wells for subsequent blasting and producing small-size ore mass, and the remaining part of the extraction block, composed of ordinary and low-grade ores, as well as barren rock, is disintegrated by explosive preparation with the conventional parameters of blast holes and their grid. To carry out the subsequent selective extraction of ores of various grades, it is proposed to use single-bucket loaders and wheel scrapers with advanced working equipment. Practical Relevance. The combination of the mechanical excavation and differentiated explosive preparation of ores contributes to a subsequent significant impact on the extraction performance during mining and processing. The proposed mining technology and an improved scheme for the subsequent separate processing of lump and blended ores, as well as industrial products from previous beneficiation processes, contribute to a high total metal extraction from ores of a complex structure mining block.

Keywords

Complex structure deposits, mining block, ore grade, selective ripping, single-bucket loader, wheel scraper, ore mass beneficiation.

For citation

Cheban A.Yu., Sekisov G.V. Rationale for the Use of a Combined Preparation for Selective Extraction of Ores from Complex Structure Deposits. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 4–12. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-3-4-12

Anton Yu. Cheban – Leading Researcher, Mining Institute of the Khabarovsk Federal Research Center, Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (MI KhFRC FEB RAS), Khabarovsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gennady V. Sekisov – Chief Researcher, Mining Institute of the Khabarovsk Federal Research Center, Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (MI KhFRC FEB RAS), Khabarovsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Trubetskoy K.N., Shapar A.G. Malootkhodnye i resursosberegayushchie tekhnologii pri otkrytoy razrabotke mestorozhdeniy: monografiya [Low-waste and resource-saving technologies in open pit mining: monograph]. Moscow: Nedra, 1993, 272 p. (In Russ.)

2. Frank U. Multi-perspective enterprise modeling: foundational concepts, prospects and future research challenges. Software & Systems Modeling, 2014, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 941–962.

3. Trubetskoy K.N., Rylnikova M.V., Vladimirov D.Ya., Pytalev I.A. Provisions and prospects for introduction of robotic geotechnologies in open pit mining. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2017, no. 11, pp. 60-64. (In Russ.)

4. Jarvie-Eggart M.E. Responsible mining: case studies in managing social & environmental risks in the developed world. Colorado: Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, 2015, 804 р.

5. Adams M. D. Gold ore processing: project development and operations. 2nd ed. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2016, 980 p.

6. Golik V.I. Dmitrak Yu.V. Prospects of using a combination of mining techniques in the production of non-ferrous metals. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2018, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 4–10. (in Russ.)

7. Cheban A.Yu., Khrunina N.P. Intensification of open mining operations with a small distance of transportation of rock mass. International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa, 2018, vol. 38, pp. 100–114.

8. Gladyr A.V., Miroshnikov V.I., Konstantinov A.V. Software and hardware improvement for the Streltsov ore field geodynamic testing area. E3S Web of Conferences, 2018, р. 02012.

9. Tereshchenko S.V., Marchevskaya V.V., Maslov A.D., Golovanov V.G., Pogrebnyak O.S. Preparing high quality ore from mined ore mass is one of the conditions for a rational technology for its processing. Vestnik Murmanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Murmansk State Technical University], 1998, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 111–118. (in Russ.)

10. Rzhevsky V.V. Tekhnologiya i kompleksnaya mekhanizatsiya otkrytykh gornykh rabot [Technology and comprehensive mechanization of open cast mining]. Moscow: Nedra, 1980, 631 p. (In Russ.)

11. Sekisov G.V., Taskaev A.A. Razdelnaya vyemka rud na karierakh [Separate ore mining in quarries]. Frunze: ILIM, 1986, 173 p. (In Russ.)

12. Burtsev S.V., Levchenko Ya.V., Talanin V.V., Voroshilin K.S. Blastless technologies for rock mass conditioning for conveyor transportation. Ugol [Coal], 2018, no. 10, pp. 8–17. (In Russ.)

13. Mikhailov Yu.V., Vasiliev A.E., Gorny S.V. Preparation of the ore body for the extraction of minerals in a combined way. Gorny informatsionno-analitichesky byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin], 2003, no. 8, pp. 114–116. (In Russ.)

14. Brisebois D. Izvlechenie rudy s ispolzovaniem vzryva i termicheskogo drobleniya [Ore extraction using explosion and thermal crushing]. Patent RF, no. 2464421, 2012.

15. Demshina N. From top to bottom and back. Promyshlennye stranitsy Sibiri. [Industrial Pages of Siberia], 2015, no. 2, pp. 48–50. (In Russ.)

16. Oparin V.N., Smolyanitsky B.N., Sekisov A.G., Trubachev A.I., Salikhov V.S., Zykov N.V. Promising mining technologies for gold placers in Transbaikalia. Journal of Mining Science, 2017, vol. 53, no 3. pp. 489–496.

17. Khakulov V.A., Krapivskiy E.I., Blaev B.Kh., Shapovalov V.A Quality formation technology for the Tyrnyauz deposit ores using preliminary sorting and beneficiation. Obogashchenie rud [Ore Beneficiation], 2018, no. 5, pp. 33–39. (In Russ.)

18. Sanakulov K.S., Rudnev S.V., Kantsel A.V. On the possibility of mining the Uchkulach deposit using X-ray radiometric concentration technology of lead-zinc ores. Gorny vestnik Uzbekistana [Mining Vestnik of Uzbekistan], 2011, no. 1, pp. 17–20. (In Russ.)

19. Cheban A.Yu., Khrunina N.P. Automation of processes for developing complex structure deposits by applying surface excavating milling machines. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle [News of Tula State University. Earth Sciences], 2019, no. 2, pp. 220–229. (In Russ.)

20. Wirtgen surface mining for selective limestone mining in the North Caucasus, Russia. Zement-Kalk-Gips Int. 2014, 67, no. 10, pp. 18–19.