ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): This paper gives some general information about system analysis as a technique that is widely used for characterization of manufacturing and engineering systems. The paper uses a case study of the hot strip rolling process to describe a system encompassing the input and output parameters of the matter, as well as the existing energy and information flows. The principle problems are outlined that can help in the development of adequate mathematical models for a formalized process dependability assessment in steel products manufacturing. Objectives: To analyze the existing dependability assessment techniques applicable to manufacturing and engineering systems in order to choose the appropriate technique for solving a particular manufacturing problem. Methods Applied: The authors have analysed the applicable standards which regulate dependability parameters in engineering. The existing dependability assessment techniques have been examined. Originality: The originality of this study lies in the fact that the process of hot rolling was analysed with the help of system analysis, which enabled to demonstrate the interconnections between the flows of matter, energy, and information. A classification of manufacturing and engineering systems is presented which can serve as the basis for choosing the adequate dependability assessment technique for a particular system. The paper lists the application areas for the available dependability assessment systems applicable to manufacturing and engineering systems. Findings: The paper describes the results of the system analysis that was carried out for the hot rolling process, which helped establish a relationship between the requirements to the rolling stock and the requirements to the finished steel product. It is a pre-requisite for choosing appropriate rolling regimes that would enable to obtain the desired properties in the final product. The paper describes the existing dependability assessment techniques applicable to manufacturing and engineering systems. Practical Relevance: The proposed approach enables to make a scientifically justified choice of the dependability assessment technique taking into consideration the characteristics of a particular process or engineering system.

Keywords

Dependability, system analysis, hot strip rolling, manufacturing system, engineering system, assessment technique, standard.

Elena N. Shiriaeva – Master Degree Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-4505-3873

Marina A. Polyakova – Dr.Sci. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Materials Processing Technologies, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-1597-8867

1. Averianov A.M. Sistemnoe poznanie mira: monografia [Systematic understanding of the world]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1985, 263 p. (In Russ.)

2. Bertalanffy L. von. The history and status of general systems theory. Sistemnye issledovaniya. Ezhegodnik [Systematic studies. Annual report]. Moscow: Nauka, 1973, pp. 20–37. (In Russ.)

3. V. Hubka. Teoriya tekhnicheskikh sistem: monografiya [The theory of engineering systems: Monograph]. Translated from German. Moscow: Mir, 1987, 208 p. (In Russ.)

4. Vinogray E.G. Osnovy obshchey teorii sistem: monografiya [Basics of the general systems theory: Monograph]. Kemerovo: Kemerovo Technological Institute of Food Industry, 1993, 339 p. (In Russ.)

5. Mogilevskiy V.D. Osnovy teorii sistem [Basics of the systems theory]. In 2 parts. Moscow: MIREA, 1997, 190 p. (In Russ.)

6. Problemy metodologii sistemnogo issledovaniya: monografiya [The problems related to the methodology of systematic studies]. Moscow: Mysl, 1970, 435 p. (In Russ.)

7. Mesarovich M., Takakhara I. Obshchaya teoriya sistem: matematicheskie osnovy: monografiya [General systems theory: Mathematical basics: Monograph]. Moscow: Mir, 1978, 311 p. (In Russ.)

8. Arbib M., Manes E.G. Fundamentals of the systems theory: Decomposable systems. Matematicheskie metody v teorii sistem [Mathematical methods in the systems theory]. Moscow: Mir, 1979, pp. 7–49. (In Russ.)

9. Bondarenko N.I. Metodologiya sistemnogo podkhoda k resheniyu problem: istoriya, teoriya, praktika: monografiya [The methodology of systematic approach to problem resolution: History, theory, practice. Monograph]. Saint Petersburg: SPbUEF, 1997, 388 p. (In Russ.)

10. Golubkov E.P. Ispolzovanie sistemnogo analiza v otraslevom planirovanii: monografiya [Application of system analysis in production planning: Monograph]. Moscow: Ekonomika, 1977, 160 p. (In Russ.)

11. Issledovaniya po obshchey teorii sistem: monografiya [Studies on the general systems theory: Monograph]. Ed. by V.N. Sadovskiy, E.B. Yudin. Moscow: Progress, 1969, 325 p. (In Russ.)

12. Regulations of the Customs Union “On safety of machinery and (or) equipment”. Approved by the Customs Union’s Decree No. 823 dated 18th October 2011.

13. Bazovskiy I. Nadezhnost: monografiya [Reliability: Monograph]. Moscow: Mir, 1965, 374 p. (In Russ.)

14. Nadezhnost v mashinostroenii: spravochnik [Reliability in mechanical engineering: Reference book]. Ed. by V.V. Shashkin, G.P. Karzov. Saint Petersburg: Politekhnika, 1992, 719 p. (In Russ.)

15. Nadezhnost tekhnicheskikh sistem: spravochnik [Reliability of engineering systems: Reference book]. Ed. by I.A. Ushakov. Moscow: Radio i svyaz, 1985, 608 p. (In Russ.)

16. Epishin Yu.G., Smirenin B.A. Levin B.R. Spravochnik po nadezhnosti [Reference book on reliability]. Ed. by B.R. Levin. Moscow: Mir, 1969, vol. 1, 339 p. (In Russ.)

17. Gorokhov P.K., Berdichevskiy B.E. Spravochnik po nadezhnosti [Reference book on reliability]. Ed. by B.E. Berdichevskiy. Moscow: Mir, 1970, vol. 2, 304 p. (In Russ.)

18. Soloveychik F.S., Berdichevskiy B.E. Spravochnik po nadezhnosti [Reference book on reliability]. Moscow: Mir, 1970, vol. 3, 376 p. (In Russ.)

19. Shiryaeva E.N. System analysis based design of the hot rolling process. XVII Vserossiyskaya konferentsiya-konkurs studentov i aspirantov gorno-geologicheskogo, neftegazovogo, energeticheskogo, mashinostroitelnogo i metallurgicheskogo profilya: tez. dokl. [17th National Conference and Competition among Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students of Mining and Geology, Oil and Gas, Energy, Mechanical Engineering and Metallurgy: Abstracts of reports]. Saint Petersburg Mining University, 2019, p. 284. (In Russ.)

20. Polyakova M.A., Shiryaeva E.N., Nalimova M.V. The process of hot rolling of steel sheets as a design object in the system analysis based design. Aktualnye problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki, obrazovaniya: tez. dokl. 77-y mezhdunarod. nauch.-tekhnich. konf. [Important problems of today’s science, technology and education: Abstracts of reports presented at the 77th International Science and Technology Conference]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2019, pp. 218–219. (In Russ.)

21. Shiryaeva E.N., Polyakova M.A. Building a block diagram of the system “Hot Rolling Mill”. Aktualnye problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki, obrazovaniya: tez. dokl. 77-y mezhdunarod. nauch.-tekhnich. konf. [Important problems of today’s science, technology and education: Abstracts of reports presented at the 77th International Science and Technology Conference]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2019, pp. 163–164. (In Russ.)

22. Shiryaeva E.N., Polyakova M.A. Interaction of flows in the system “Hot Rolling Mill”. Magnitogorsk Rolling Practice 2019: Proceedings of the 4th Youth Scientific and Practical Conference. Ed. by A.G. Korchunov. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2019, рр. 115–117. (In Russ.)

23. Rumyantsev M.I., Shubin I.G., Zavalishchin A.N., Kornilov V.L., Budanov A.P., Tsepkin A.S., Panteleeva N.A. Assessing the quality of thin hot-rolled strips to understand if they can be used to substitute the general-purpose cold-rolled steel sheets. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2007, no. 4(20), pp. 69–73. (In Russ.)

24. Rumyantsev M.I., Shubin I.G., Zavalishchin A.N., Kornilov V.L., Budanov A.P., Tsepkin A.S., Panteleeva N.A. Developing a process for producing hot-rolled sheets as a substitution for cold-rolled steel designed for the same application. Proizvodstvo prokata [Production of rolled steel], 2009, no. 4, pp. 30–34. (In Russ.)

25. Shubin I.G., Ismagilov R.A., Zavalishchin A.N., Tsepkin A.S., Kornilov V.L., Budanov A.P. Proizvodstvo goryachekatannogo listovogo prokata dlya zameshcheniya kholodnokatanogo analogichnogo naznacheniya: monografiya [Production of hot-rolled sheets as a substitution for cold-rolled steel designed for the same application: Monograph]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012, 217 p. (In Russ.)

26. Rumyantsev M.I. Development and application of methods for improving steel sheet rolling systems: Some outcomes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2017, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 45–55. (In Russ.)

27. GOST 27.004-85. Industrial product dependability. Technological systems. Terms and definitions. Moscow: Standartinform, 1985, 9 p.

28. GOST R 57194.1-2016. Transfer of technology. General provisions. Moscow: Standartinform, 2016, 12 p.

29. GOST 27.003-2016. Industrial product dependability. Contents and general rules for specifying dependability requirements. Moscow: Standartinform, 2017, 18 p.

30. GOST R 51901-2002. Dependability management. Manufacturing system risk analysis. Moscow: Standartinform, 2002, 29 p.

31. Antsupov V.P., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov A.V., Rusanov V.A. Konstruktsii i raschet nadezhnosti detaley i uzlov prokatnykh stanov: monografiya [Components and systems of rolling mills: Design and dependability calculation. Monograph]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2014, 156 p. (In Russ.)

32. Antsupov V.P., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov A.V. How to predict the dependability of machine components using various criteria. Nadezhnost [Dependability], 2013, no. 3(46), pp. 5–14. (In Russ.)

33. Antsupov V.P., Dvornikov L.T., Gromakovskiy D.G., Antsupov A.V. (junior), Antsupov A.V. Basics of the physical theory of machine part dependability based on kinetical strength of materials. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, no. 1, pp. 141–146. (In Russ.)

34. Antsupov V.P., Korchunov A.G., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov A.V. Osnovy diagnostiki i nadezhnosti tekhnicheskikh obiektov: monografiya [Basics of machine diagnosis and dependability: Monograph]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012, 114 p. (In Russ.)

35. Antsupov A.V., Antsupov A.V. (jun), Antsupov V.P. Designed assessment of machine element reliability due to efficiency criteria. Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2013, no. 5 (45), рр. 62–66.

36. Antsupov A.V. (junior), Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P. Teoriya i praktika obespecheniya nadezhnosti detaley mashin po kriteriyam kineticheskoy prochnosti i iznosostoykosti materialov: monografiya [The theory and practice of ensuring machine part dependability based on kinetic strength and wear resistance of materials: Monograph]. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2015, 308 p. (In Russ.)