ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

The authors of this paper propose and provide scientific substantiation for a new technique of producing bimetallic wire from precious metals for jewelry chains. The method is protected with a patent of the Russian Federation. The authors did calculations to define the processing regimes of cold rolling and drawing that would ensure a uniform distribution of the drawing force between the passes thus minimizing the required drawing force parameters. The PROVOL software was used for calculations that accounted for the actual production environment of the Gulidov Krasnoyarsk Non-Ferrous Metals Plant (aka JSC «Krastsvetmet»). The software has a certificate of state registration. Using the developed regimes, experimental studies were conducted to obtain a bimetallic wire with the core made of 925 silver alloy and the shell made of 585 gold alloy. A trial run of the technique, which was conducted by JSC «Krastsvetmet» to produce bimetallic wire for Singapore style chains, resulted in quality products. A study of the structure and properties of long-length deformed semi-finished products showed that the use of the new technique lead to enhanced strength and performance of the bimetallic wire for jewelry chains preventing defects during the chain bending process. Thus, the authors propose a new technique for producing bimetallic semi-finished products from precious metals alloys that helps improve the quality and expand the assortment of finished jewelry products.

Keywords

Bimetallic semi-finished product, jewelry chains, gold, silver, core, shirt, modes of deformation, rolling of sections, drawing.

Sidelnikov S.B., Chibisova E.S., Lopatina E.S., Ditkovskaya Yu.D., Bindareva K.A., Lopatin V.A.

Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia

1. Sidelnikov S.B., Dovzhenko N.N., Konstantinov I.L. et al. Proizvodstvo yuvelirnykh izdeliy iz dragotsennykh metallov i ikh splavov [Manufacture of jewelry from precious metals and their alloys]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2016, 375 p. (In Russ.)

2. Brepol E. Teoriya i praktika yuvelirnogo dela [Theory and practice of jewelry business]. S. Petersburg: Solo, 2000, 528 p. (In Russ.)

3. Loginov Yu.N. Protsessy obrabotki metallov davleniem v yuvelirnom dele: ucheb. posobie [Metal forming processes in jewelry manufacturing: Textbook]. Yekaterinburg: USTU, 1998, 54 p. (In Russ.)

4. Zagirov N.N., Konstantinov I.L., Ivanov E.V. Osnovy raschetov protsessov polucheniya dlinnomernykh metalloizdeliy metodami obrabotki metallov davleniem [Production of long-length metal products by metal forming: Process design basics]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2016, 311 p. (In Russ.)

5. Zolotoe dno: kak rynok yuvelirnykh ukrasheniy menyaetsya v krizis [The gold mine: How the jewelry market changes during crisis]. Available at: https: //secretmag.ru/trends/ tendencies/gold.htm/.

6. Analiticheskiy obzor tekushchey situatsii razvitiya yuvelirnogo rynka Rossii [Current status of the Russian jewelry market: Review]. Available at: http://junwex.com/trends/analitika/ analiticheskij-obzor-tekushhej-situaczii-razvitiya-yuvelirnogo-ryinka-rossii.html.

7. Krastsvetmet – lider po proizvodstvu zolotykh tsepey v Rossii [Krastsvetmet as a leading gold chain producer in Russia]. Available at: http://www.24rus.ru/news/economy/152053.html

8. Sidelnikov S.B., Ditkovskaya Yu.D., Lopatina E.S., Pavlov E.A., Leontieva E.S., Lebedeva O.S., Bindareva K.A. Sposob izgotovleniya bimetallicheskoy provoloki iz dragotsennykh metallov [Method for manufacturing bimetallic wire from precious metals]. Patent RF, no. 2430982, 2017.

9. Sidelnikov S.B., Belyaev S.V., Lebedeva O.S., Ditkovskaya Yu.D., Leontiev E.S., Rudnitsky E.A., Solyanikova A.S. State Registration Certificate for the PROVOL computer software no. 2015612273 RF. Applied: 2014. Published: 2015.