ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

This article considers the capabilities of a combined continuous casting and rolling plant from the perspective of improving the quality of steel plates for welded pipes. The authors describe the drawbacks of the current plate rolling process and give suggestions on improving the quality of steel plates for welded pipes. A technique is proposed that implies the use of a combined continuous casting and rolling plant for producing steel plates for welded pipes. All the stages of the combined continuous casting and rolling process are described for obtaining the steel plates for welded pipes. The problem is formulated for determining the stress-strain state of metal in deformation zones when rolling a strip from a liquid phase shell and when applying cyclic strain to the hardened metal. Initial data are given for calculations. A design model and boundary conditions are given that help calculate the stress-strain state of metal in the area where narrow side walls of the liquid phase shell experience bending stresses. Stress-strain diagrams are given for the stresses and strains observed on the outside and inside of the narrow wall of the liquid phase shell. A design model and boundary conditions are given that help calculate the stress-strain state of metal in the cyclic deformation zone of hardened metal. The authors describe the results of their research into the stress-strain state of metal in deformation zones when producing 8×2,250 mm plates from 09G2S steel. The patterns are described for axial stresses distribution along the strip centre line and on the contact line between the deformation zone and the die. The authors analyse the stress state diagram of the cyclic deformation zone from the perspective of obtaining high quality steel plates for welded pipes. The general characteristics are given of the combined continuous casting and rolling plant designed to produce steel plates for welded pipes.

Keywords

Plant, continuous casting, deformation, plate, bending, stress, welded pipe.

Oleg S. Lehov – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Aleksandr V. Mikhalev – Assistant Professor

Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Maxim M. Shevelev – Engineer

Damir G. Bilalov – Assistant Professor

1. Bogatov A.A., Nukhov D.Sh., Piankov K.P. Finite element modelling of the plate rolling process. Metallurg [Metallurgist]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 14–16. (In Russ.)

2. Erenberg H.-Ju. Thin slab casting and reduction at the Mannesmannroehren-Werke AG plant. Metallurgicheskoe proizvodstvo i tekhnologiya metallurgicheskikh protsessov [Metallurgical production and metallurgical processes]. Moscow, 1990, pp. 46–56. (In Russ.)

3. Eberle A., Vollner G., Gabel D. Thin slab continuous casting and rolling. Stal i zelezo [Steel and iron]. 1990, no. 1, pp. 81–88. (In Russ.)

4. Lekhov O.S., Guzanov B.N., Lisin I.V., Bilalov D.Kh. Study of the combined continuous casting and cyclic deformation process for producing steel plates. Stal’ [Steel]. 2016, no. 1, pp. 52–56. (In Russ.)

5. Lekhov O.S., Komratov Yu.S. Sovmeshchennye processy nepreryvnogo litiya i deformatsii dlya proizvodstva prokata [Combined continuous casting and rolling processes for rolled products]. Yekaterinburg: Ural State Technical University, 2009. 411 p. (In Russ.)

6. Lekhov O.S., Turlaev V.V., Lisin I.V. Ustanovka sovmeshchennogo protsessa nepreryvnogo litiya i deformatsii. Teoriya i raschet [Combined continuous casting and rolling plant. Theory and design]. Yekaterinburg: Publishing House of the Ural Federal University, 2014. 112 p. (In Russ.)

7. Oden G. Konechnye elementy v nelineynoy mekhanike sploshnykh sred [Finite elements in nonlinear continuum mechanics]. Moscow, 1976. 486 p. (In Russ.)

8. Segerlind L. Primenenie metoda konechnykh elementov [Application of the finite element method]. Moscow, 1979. 393 p. (In Russ.)

9. Norri D. Vvedenie v metod konechnykh elementov [Introduction into the finite element method]. Moscow, 1981. 304 p. (In Russ.)

10. Gallager R. Metod konechnykh elementov. Osnovy [Finite element method. The basics]. Moscow, 1984. 432 p. (In Russ.)

11. Zenkevich O., Morgan K. Konechnye elementy i approksimatsiya [Finite elements and approximation]. Moscow, 1986. 318 p. (In Russ.)

12. ANSYS. Structural Analysis Guide. Rel. 6/0/ http://www.Cadfern.ru