ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): This article presents a study into how the parameter of surface roughness is formed in a technological system and provides an adequate representation of surface microtopography while enabling the prediction of possible changes. As the processes of cold rolling, heat treatment or skin passing are not allowed in strip production, it makes it a much greater challenge to monitor and control the surface microtopography, which presents a very important problem. Objectives: The objective is to develop and test a surface roughness management tool based on fractal structure and using hot-rolled pickled strip as a test material. Methods Applied: For the purpose of this study, samples of hot-rolled pickled strip of grades St3 and 08ps produced at Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works were examined, and the model of surface microtopography decomposed into fractal structures to be studied. It was proposed to apply Fourier transform as part of the the model basis. Scientists from Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University offered a new approach to the description of the parameter of surface roughness (Ra) which is based on the fractal structure. Originality: One of the original features of this research includes the application of the fractal structure when forming the "surface roughness" parameter for a hot-rolled pickled strip. Findings: The authors describe a new quality management tool, which basically is an algorithm for building the fractal structure of the surface roughness parameter. It was proved that the proposed approach provides a high convergence between calculated and actual values of the studied parameters. Practical Relevance: The new approach will enable to obtain the required surface microtopography in steel products.

Keywords

Surface roughness, quality indicators, fractal, fractal structure, Fourier transform, pickled steel strip.

Gennadij Sh. Rubin – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Eduard M. Golubchik – D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kseniya S. Lukianova – Postgraduate Student

Henrik Dyja – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Director of the Institute of Metal Forming and Engineering Security

Czestochowa University of Technology, Czestochowa, Poland. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Valery L. Steblyanko – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor

1. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Rubin G.Sh., Minaev A.A., Nazajbekov A.E., Dyya H. The genesis of scientific research in the area of steel product quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I.Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, vol. 1, pp. 92–96. (In Russ.)

2. Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M., Gun G.S., Kopceva N.V., Efimova Yu.Yu., Chukin D.M., Matushkin A.N. A study of the physical and mechanical properties and the structure of new generation multifunctional high-strength invar alloys. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekh-nicheskogo universiteta im. G.I.Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, vol. 1, pp. 43-47. (In Russ.)

3. Golubchik E.M., Kuznecova A.S., Dyya H. The application of adaptive quality management techniques in die forging for the production of ultrafine grained steel hardware. Obrabotka sploshnykh i sloistykh materialov [The processing of solid materials and composites], 2014, no. 2, pp. 32–41. (In Russ.)

4. Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Zakirov D.M., Gun I.G. The development of the qualimetry theory for hardware production. Chernye metally [Ferrous metals], July, 2012, pp. 15–21. (In Russ.)

5. Chukin M.V., Korchunov A.G., Bakshinov V.A., Baryshnikov M.P., Gun G.S., Dolgyi D.K., Efimova Yu.Yu., Kolokoltsev V.M., Kopceva N.V., Kuranov K.Yu., Lebedev V.N., Mezin I.Yu., Polyakova M.A., Chukin V.V. Proizvodstvo vysokoprochnoy stalnoy armatury dlya zhelezobetonnykh shpal novogo pokoleniya [The production of high-strength steel rebars for new generation steel reinforced concrete ties]. Ed. by M.V. Chukin. Moscow, 2014. (In Russ.)

6. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V., Rubin G.Sh., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G. Some important problems of qualimetry in metalware production at the onset of the sixth technological era. Metallurg [Metallurgist]. 2014, no. 4, pp. 92–95. (In Russ.)

7. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Rubin G.Sh. The scientific school of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University in product quality and production process management. Kachestvo v obrabotke materialov [Material processing quality]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 5–9. (In Russ.)

8. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V., Rubin G.Sh. Quality management in metalware production. Metallurgicheskie protsessy i oborudovanie [Metallurgical processes and equipment]. 2013, no. 4 (34), pp. 106–111. (In Russ.)

9. Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A. Upravlenie kachestvom produktsii v tekhnologiyakh metiznogo proizvodstva [Product quality management in metalware production]. Moscow, 2012. (In Russ.)

10. Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Zakirov D.M., Gun I.G. The development of the theory of qualimetry for metalware production. Chernye metally [Ferrous metals], 2012, no. 7, pp. 15–20. (In Russ.)

11. Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Korchunov A.G., Polyakova M.A. The potential production of high-strength steel rebars made of high-carbon steel grades. Chernye metally [Ferrous metals], 2012, no. 12, pp. 8–16. (In Russ.)

12. Ushakov S.N., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Korchunov A.G., Polyakova M.A. High-strength rebars designed for new generation steel reinforced concrete ties. Put’ i putevoe khozyaystvo [Railway track and railway equipment]. 2012, no. 11, pp. 25–27. (In Russ.)

13. Belalov Kh.N., Klekovkin A.A., Klekovkina N.A., Gun G.S., Korchunov A.G., Polyakova M.A. Stalnaya provoloka [Steel wire]. Magnitogorsk, 2011. (In Russ.)

14. Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Baryshnikov M.P., Valiev R.Z., Raab G.I. Peculiar rheological properties of structural nanosteels. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I.Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no. 1, pp. 24–27. (In Russ.)

15. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V. Optimising the deformation processes taking place in coated steel products during production and operation. G.S. Gun, M.V. Chukin; The Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, the Federal Agency for Education, State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. Magnitogorsk, 2006. (In Russ.)

16. Klekovkina N.A., Klekovkin A.A., Nikiforov B.A., Gun G.S., Korchunov A.G., Zyuzin V.I., Kulesha V.A., Saveliev E.V., Belalov Kh.N. Steel wire production. The Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, the Federal Agency for Education, State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. Magnitogorsk, 2005. (In Russ.)

17. Gun G.S., Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G. Creating and developing the qualimetry theory of metallurgy. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I.Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2003, no. 5, p. 67. (In Russ.)

18. Gun G.S., Pudov E.A., Ivanova L.B. Optimising metal forming processes based on the overall quality criterion. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of Russian Universities. Ferrous metals]. 1982, no. 8, p. 62. (In Russ.)

19. Golubchik E.M. Adaptive management of steel product quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tehnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, vol. 1, pp.63–68. (In Russ.)

20. Kornilov V.L., Telegin V.E., Smirnov P.N., Golubchik E.M. The production of hot-rolled pickled strip with controlled surface roughness. Stal’ [Steel], 2012, no. 2, pp. 51–52. (In Russ.)

21. Golubchik E.M., Khamutskikh K.S., Telegin V.E., Shebarshova I.M., Sevastyanov A.G. Studying the opportunity of developing a process to produce hot-rolled pickled strip with surface roughness control. Proizvodstvo prokata [Rolling], 2014, no. 11, pp. 11–15. (In Russ.)

22. Bavykin O.B., Vyacheslavova O.F. A comprehensive assessment of the surface quality and performance of products made from nanomaterials. Avtomobile - i traktorostroenie v rossii: prioritetyi razvitiya i podgotovka kadrov. Materialyi mezhdunarodnoy nauch.-tehn. konferentsii Assotsiatsii avtomobilnyih inzhenerov (AAI), posvyaschennoy 145-letiyu MGTU "MAMI" [The Russian car and tractor industries: Priority development areas and personnel training: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference organised by the Society of Automotive Engineers to mark the 145th anniversary of the Moscow Polytechnic University]. Moscow: Publishing House of Moscow Polytechnic University, 2010, vol. 8, pp. 1–5. (In Russ.)

23. Mazur I.P. The problems of surface quality control in flat rolling. Stal’ [Steel], 2011, no. 4, pp. 31–36. (In Russ.)

24. Belov V.K., Begletsov D.O., Gubarev E.V., Denisov S.V., Dyakova M.V., Smirnov K.V. The application of 3D surface topography characteristics in engineering. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tehnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, vol. 1, pp. 73–80. (In Russ.)

25. Potapov A.A., Vyacheslavova O.F., Bavykin O.B. The development of a part manufacturing process involving the surface layer fractal analysis. Mehanicheskie svoystva sovremennyih konstruktsionnyikh materialov. Sbornik materialov [The mechanical properties of advanced structural materials: A collection of papers]. M: IMET RAN, 2012, pp. 202–204. (In Russ.)

26. Potapov A.A. Application of the Fractal Theory and Scaling Effects During Processing of Low-Contrast Images and Super Weak Signals in the Presence of Intensive Noise Tr. 11-y mezhdunar.konf. Zababahinskie nauchnyie chteniya posv. 95-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya akademika E. I.Zababahin [Proceedings of the 11th International Conference “Zababakhin Scientific Readings – 2012” marking the 95th birthday of Academician E.I. Zababakhin]. Snezhinsk: RFYaTs - VNIITF, 2012, pp. 311–312. (In Russ.)

27. Generalova A.A. Tehnologicheskoe obespechenie kachestva poverhnostnogo sloya detaley mashin na osnove otsenki ego harakteristik s primeneniem teorii fraktalov: avtoref. diss. kand. tehn. Nauk [Processes ensuring the surface quality of machine parts analysed based on the fractal theory: Extended abstract of Ph.D. dissertation]. Penza, 2012, 20 p. (In Russ.)

28. Zolotarevskiy S.Yu. Obespechenie edinstva izmereniy geometricheskih parametrov sherohovatosti poverhnostey v nanometrovom diapazone metodami interferometrii vyisokogo razresheniya: avtoref. diss. d-r. tehn. Nauk [Ensuring the consistency of surface roughness nanomeasurements by high-resolution interferometry: Extended abstract of Doctoral dissertation]. Moscow, 2015, 33 p. (In Russ.)

29. Tikhomirov V.P., Gorlenko O.A., Izmerov M.A. Inzheneriya fraktalnyih poverhnostey: monografiya [Fractal surface engineering: Monograph]. Moscow,Mashinostroenie, 2011, 184 p. (In Russ.)

30. T. Blachowicz, K. Cwikiel, M. Binkowski, H. Zghidi. Analysis of the three-dimensional TGS crystal spatial inhomogeneity of the fractal structure. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals. Vol. 75, June 2015, pp. 185–190.

31. Mohamad Ghassem Mahjani, Reza Moshrefi, Ahmad Sharifi-Viand, Ahad Taherzad, Majid Jafarian, Fatemeh Hasanlou, Maryam Hosseini. Surface investigation by electrochemical methods and application of chaos theory and fractal geometry. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals. 91, October 2016, pp. 598–603.

32. Cho, Y., Shin, J.-H., Costa, A., Kim, T.A., Kunin, V., Li, J., Lee, S.Y., Yang, S., Han, H.N., Choi, I.S. , Srolovitz, D.J. Engineering the shape and structure of materials by fractal cut. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol. 111, iss. 49, December 2014, pp. 17390–17395.

33. Arman, A., Ţălu, Ş., Luna, C., Ahmadpourian, A., Naseri, M., Molamohammadi, M. Micromorphology characterization of copper thin films by AFM and fractal analysis. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics. Vol. 26, iss. 12, December 2015, pp. 9630–9639.

34. Lukyanova K.S., Golubchik E.M., Rubin G.Sh. The study of the hot-rolled pickled strip quality management process based on the fractal structure. Science Time, 2015, no. 3(15), pp. 359–362. (In Russ.)

35. Belov V.K., Gubarev E.V., Lukyanova K.S., Golubchik E.M., Rubin G.Sh. Studying the changing 3D surface microtopography parameters of hot-rolled strip during a pickling process. Zagotovitelnyie proizvodstva v mashinostroenii [Blank production in machine industry], 2016, no. 3, pp. 44–47. (In Russ.)

36. Lukyanova K.S, Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M, Rubin G.Sh. The development of the analysis model for quality indicators of metalware having fractal structure. European Science and Technology [Text] : materials of the XIII international research and practice conference, Munich, April 20th – 21st, 2016 / publishing office Vela Verlag Waldkraiburg – Munich – Germany, 2016. pp. 100–104.

37. Innovatsionnye metallicheskie materialy: monografiya [Innovative metallic materials: Monograph]. Ed. by V.M. Kolokoltsev. Magnitogorsk: Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2016, 371 p. (In Russ.)