ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

A theoretical descriptive method to describe the reference curve across the entire thickness of a rough layer has been elaborated. Considering that the role of mi-croroughness in the generation of the resulting microgeometry of a contact surface between a sheath and a core may vary at a different contact, it is recommended to take an average roughness value for the entire height of a rough layer when doing calculations. Processing of the profile graphs helped identify the microgeometry of a wire core after ultrasonic cleaning and plasma electrolytic stripping. The change of the roughness height and spacing parameters of a core was studied and relationships were identified which can be used to calculate the above parameters step by step in a copper-clad steel wire drawing operation. It was established that during a copper-clad steel wire drawing process the change of the spacing parameters of the rough layer is less intense than the change of the height parameters. Conditions were considered for elimination of microroughness at the contact surface of a copper-clad wire. Limitations were identified with regard to the choice of techniques to create the required microrelief on the core surface before drawing. This was done to ensure a complete elimination of microroughness with the help of sheathing and to ensure a tight adhesion between the contact surfaces of a bimetallic wire.

Keywords

Copper-clad steel wire, roughness, core, sheath, contact surface, adhesion between components of a wire, generation of a microrelief.

Ogarkov Nikolay Nikolaevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magni-togorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Platov Sergey Iosifovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Shemetova Elena Sergeevna – Teaching Assistant, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnito-gorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Nekit Vladimir Afanasievich – Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Chouvet Benjamin Marie, Denis – Student, Mechanical Engineering Faculty of Technology, Jean Monnet Uni-versity, Saint Etienne, France.

1. Levanov A.N., Kolmogorov V.L., Burkin S.P. Kontaktnoe trenie v protcessakh obrabotki metallov davleniem [Contact friction in metal forming processes]. M.: Metallurgiya, 1976, 416 p.

2. Spravochnik po tribotekhnike [A reference book in triboengineering]. Ed. Hebda M., Chichinadze A.V. V.1. Teoreticheskie osnovy [Theoretical basis]. M.: Mashinostroenie, 1989, 400 p.

3. Ogarkov N.N., Shemetova E.S. The effect of roughness on the sheath/core adhesion in a bimetallic wire drawing process. Sovremennye metody konstruirovaniya i tekhnologii metallurgicheskogo mashinostroeniya [Advanced engineering techniques and metallurgical engineering technology]. Mezhdunarodnyi sbornik nauchnykh trudov [International scientific papers]. Magnitogorsk: Publ. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. 2015, pp.15-17.

4. Arkulis G.E., Makhneeva E.K. Effect of fractional deformation on the mechanical properties of a bimetallic wire. Stal’ [Steel]. 1971, no. 7, pp. 669-670.

5. Sokolov A.A., Raspopova T.N., Kostogryzov I.D. Vliyanie sherokhovatosti poverkhnosti na ekspluatatcionnye kharakteristiki provolokii i tekhnologicheskie faktory ee izgotovleniya [Effect of surface roughness on wire performance and the wire production technology]. Magnitogorsk: VNIIMetiz, 1984, 22 p. Dep. in Cher-metinformatsiya 19.02.85, no. 2801 chm-85.

6. Mamykina A.A., Balakov Yu.P., Chuvashov A.I. et al. An effective wire surface preparation method. Proizvodstvo metalloizdelii s zashchitnymi pokrytiyami [Production of steel products with protective coatings]. M., 1984, pp. 44-46.

7. Nikolaev V.A., Kovalenko L.A., Vasilyev A.G. Drawing process parameters for different roughness of a workpiece. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of Russian Universities. Ferrous metals]. 1987, no. 9, pp. 45-46.

8. Mazur V.L., Goncharov Yu.V. Surface microrelief development in steel drawing. Metally [Metals]. 1991, no. 6, pp. 59-66.

9. Ogarkov N.N. Raschet stepeni perenosa mikrorelyefa poverkhnosti valka na prokatyvaemuyu polosu [Estimating the degree of roll surface microrelief transfer to the strip surface]. Magnitogorsk, 1995, 10 p. Dep. in VINITI 10.01.95, no. 2.

10. Montmitonnet P., Delamare F7 Calcul de l`épaisseur ď un revetement métallique au cours ďun formage multipasse [Calculating the coating thickness in multi-pass rolling]. Revue de Métallurgie [Metallurgy Review]. 1986, no. 7/8, pp. 347-354.

11. Ogarkov N.N., Nalimova M.V. The analytical method of determining the effect of surface machining of a wire on the minimum thickness of the coating in a drawing operation. Journal for Technology of Plasticity. Novi Sad, Yugoslavia, 1997, vol. 22, no. 1-2, pp. 23-29.

12. Ogarkov N.N., Shemetova E.S. A condition of contact between a wire core and a sheath in a bimetallic wire drawing operation. Stal’ [Steel]. No. 12, 2010, pp. 48-49.

13. Ogarkov N.N., Shemetova E.S. Evaluating the stability of a wire sheath forming process in a bimetallic wire drawing operation. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2008, no.1, pp. 31-34.

14. Ogarkov N.N., Tulupov О.N., Korchunov А.G. Estimating a die deformation in a hyperbolic deformation zone during a workpiece drawing operation. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2012, no. 2, pp. 90-92.

15. Bocharov Y., Kobayashi S. and Tomsen E.G. The Effect of Vibration on Plastic Flow in Coining, Trans. ASME, Series B.I. Eng. Ind. 84. 1962, pp. 502-508.

16. Shakhpazov Kh.S., Nedovizii I.N., Orinichev V.I. et al. Proizvodstvo metizov [Metalware production]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1977, 392 p.