ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The objective of the research is to develop a theoretical model of calculating heat transfer at a turbulent flow in the channels of longitudinal-flow tube bundles with lateral ring grooves. The hypothesis used in this article is based on a four-layer simulation of a turbulent boundary layer in the space between separate ring grooves in a hexagonal channel replaced with an equivalent ring channel, and the use of integral relations of turbulent boundary layers for the space in separate grooves. The method is to obtain analytical relations regarding the intensified heat transfer at a turbulent flow in longitudinal-flow tube bundles with lateral ring grooves, depending on geometric characteristics of lateral ring grooves, specifications of longitudinal-flow tube bundles with lateral ring grooves, and the flow pattern of the coolant. These dependencies mainly differ from earlier obtained solutions in a wider commonality and verifiability, with fewer assumptions made. The calculation results obtained correlate well with the available experimental data depending on a wide range of key parameters such as configuration of a longitudinal-flow tube bundle with lateral ring grooves and the coolant flow pattern. However, they are also applicable in a much broader range of key parameters since they are based on assumptions of a very broad commonality. Application of the results of the study made it possible to improve mass and dimension parameters of heat exchangers of the modern metallurgical industry, improve their thermal efficiency, reduce hydraulic coolant pumping losses, and lower the heat exchanger side-wall temperature.

Keywords

Hadfield modeling, mathematical, heat exchange, intensification, turbulent, flow, pipe, bundle, boundary layer, compound, ring grooves.

1. Каlinin E.К., Dreitser G.А., Yarkhо S.А. Intensifikatsiya teploobmena v kanalakh [Enhancement of heat transfer in channels]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1972. 220 p.
  2. Каlinin E.К., Dreitser G.А., Yarkhо S.А. Intensifikatsiya teploobmena v kanalakh [Enhancement of heat transfer in channels]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1990. 208 p.
  3. Каlinin E.К., Dreitser G.А., Коpp I.Z. and colleagues Ehffektivnye poverkhnosti teploobmena [Effective heat exchange surfaces]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1998. 408 p.
  4. Lobanov I.Ye. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie intensifitsirovannogo teploobmena pri turbulentnom techenii v kanalakh: dissertatsiya doktora tekhnicheskikh nauk [Mathematical modeling of intensified heat exchange at turbulent flows in channels: D.Sc. dissertation]. Moscow, 2005. 632 p.
  5. Lobanov I.Ye. Theory of intensified heat exchange at turbulent flows in longitudinally-washed tube bundles with cross-ribbing using the "hexagonal" four-layer model of a turbulent boundary layer. Fundamental'nye problemy tekhniki i tekhnologii – Tekhnologiya–2012: sb. tezisov i annotatsij nauchnykh dokladov XV mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferentsii / pod red. А.V.Kiricheka i А.V. Morozovoj / Tekhnologicheskij institut im. N.N.Polikarpova FGBOU VPO «Gosuniversitet–UNPK», g. Oryol, 5–8 iyunya 2012 [Fundamental problems of engineering and technology – Technology-2012. Book of abstracts of the XV International Scientific and Technical Conference. Ed. А.V. Кirichek and A.V. Моrоzоva; Institute of Technology named after N.N. Polikarpov. Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "State University-UNPK", Orel, 5–8 June 2012]. Moscow; Оrel: "Spectrum" Publishing house, 2012, pp. 224–225.
  6. Lobanov I.Ye., Stein L.М. Perspektivnye teploobmennye apparaty s intensifitsirovannym teploobmenom dlya metallurgicheskogo proizvodstva. (Obshhaya teoriya intensifitsirovannogo teploobmena dlya teploobmennykh apparatov, primenyaemykh v sovremennom metallurgicheskom proizvodstve.) v 4-kh t. T. III. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie intensifitsirovannogo teploobmena pri turbulentnom techenii v kanalakh s primeneniem mnogoslojnykh, supermnogoslojnykh i kompaundnykh modelej turbulentnogo pogranichnogo sloya [Advance heat exchangers with intensified heat exchange for metals practice (General Theory of intensified heat exchange for heat exchangers used in a modern metals practice). In 4 volumes. Volume III. Mathematical modeling of intensified heat exchange at turbulent flows in channels using multi-layer, super-multi-layer and compound models of a turbulent boundary layer]. Moscow: МGАKH&S, 2010. 288 p.
  7. Lobanov I.Ye. Mathematical modeling of intensified heat transfer at a turbulent flow in longitudinally-washed tube bundles with cross-ribbing on the basis of a four-layer model of a turbulent boundary layer. Teplovye protsessy v tekhnike [Thermal processes in engineering]. 2014, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 531–537.