ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Currently, there is a tendency in strengthening consumers’ requirements for metal products. That is why metalware manufacturers have to be able to promptly adjust to changing market conditions in order to increase their competitive strengths, which is especially critical for the metalware market. At the same time, technologies based on the application of new high-strength materials, UFG steels in particular, are gaining traction. Implementation of these materials in metalware production implies the application of new state-of-the art methods and approaches to research in the technological process. NMSTU scientists have elaborated a new adaptive quality management methodology for metalware products with a vast scope of application which provides for possible process engineering with a firm assurance of rated quality level under the conditions of apriori information incompleteness. The study aimed at the development and exploration of production process of high-strength fasteners made from 20&45 grade UFG steels at the premises of “MMK-METIZ” OJSC. This article presents the results of integrated investigations of the new methodology applicability as exemplified in the development of M10&M16 bolt cold forging technology.

Keywords

Adaptive quality management, forecasting, fasteners, strength, ultra-fine grain (UFG) structure.

Golubchik Edward Mikhailovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.;
Kuznetsova Alla Sergeyevna – Research Assistant, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.;
Rubin Gennady Shmulievich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.;
Gun Gennady Semionovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Adviser to the Rector of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7 (3519) 29-85-26. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Dyja Henryk – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Director of the Institute of Metal Forming and Engineering Security, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
  1. Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Polyakova M.A. Design philosophy of the continuous process of UFG steel wire production. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 1, pp. 43–46.
  2. Chukin M.V., Polyakova M.A., Gulin A.E., Yemaleeva D.G. Influence of combined methods of deformation processing on mechanical properties of carbon wire. Chiornye metally [Ferrous metals], 2014, no. 12, pp. 35–39.
  3. Chukin M.V., Koptseva N.V., Valiev R.Z., Yakovleva I.L., Zrnik G., Covarik T.  Diffraction electron-microscopic analysis of the submicrocrystalline and nanocrystalline structure of constructional carbon steels after equal channel angular pressing and further deformation. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no. 1, pp. 31–37.
  4. Chukin M., Koptseva N., Barushnikov M., Yefimova Y., Nosov A., Noskov S., Kolomiets B. Innovative potential of new metalware production technologies from nanostructured steels. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 64–68.
  5. Yefimova Yu.Yu., Koptseva N.V., Nikitenko O.A. Investigation of the state of the carbide phase after nanostructuring and subsequent drawing of low carbon steel. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 45–48.
  6. Koptseva N.V., Mikholenko D.A., Yefimova Yu.Yu. Evolution of the microstructure and properties when heating ferrite-perlite carbon constructional steel with the ultra-fine grain structure generated by intensive plastic deformation. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Voronezh State Technical University], 2011, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 85–91.
  7. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V., Rubin G.Sh., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G. Current issues of metalware production qualimetry during the rise of the sixth technological wave. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2014, no. 4, pp. 92–95.
  8. Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Korchunov A.G., Polyakova M.A. Prospects for high-strength steel reinforcement bars for new-generation ferroconcrete sleepers based on thermal and deformational nanostructuring. Chernaya metallurgiya: Byulleten Chermetinformatsii [Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Chermetinformatsia], 2012, vol. 4, pp. 100–105.
  9. Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M., Gun G.S., Koptseva N.V., Yefimova Yu.Yu., Chukin D.M., Matushkin A.N. Study of physical and mechanical properties and the structure of high-strength new-generation general-purpose invar alloys. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 43–48.
  10. G.S. Gun, I.Yu. Mezin, G.Sh. Rubin, A.A. Minaev, A.E. Nazaibekov, H. Dyja. Research genesis in the field of steel products quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 92–97.
  11. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Rubin G.Sh. Educational research school of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University in product and industrial process quality management. Kachestvo v obrabotke materialo [Quality in materials processing], 2014, no. 1, pp. 5–8.
  12. Chukin M.V., Korchunov A.G., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A., Koptseva N.V. Nanodimensional structural part formation in high carbon steel by thermal and deformation processing. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 33–35.
  13. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V., Rubin G.Sh. Quality management in metalware production. Metallurgicheskie protsessy i oborudovanie [Metallurgical processes and equipment]. Tekhnopark Don GTU UNITEKS LLC (Donetsk, Ukraine). 2013, no. 4 (34), pp. 106–112.
  14. Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A. Upravlenie kachestvom produktsii v tekhnologuiakh metiznogo proizvodstva [Product quality management in metalware production technologies: monograph]. Moscow: Ore and metals, 2012, 164 p.
  15. Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Zakirov D.M., Gun I.G. Development of the metalware production qualimetry theory. Chiornye metally [Ferrous Metals], July 2012, pp. 15–21.
  16. Chukin M.V., Kolokoltsev V.M., Gun G.S., Salganik V.M., Platov S.I. Scientific activities of the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Magnitogorsk State Technical University” under the nanotechnology development conditions. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2009, no. 2 (26), pp. 55–59.
  17. Peculiarities of rheological properties of constructional nanosteels. Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Baryshnikov M.P. and colleagues. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2008, no. 1, pp. 24–27.
  18. Metallurgy qualimetry theory design and development / G.S. Gun, G.Sh. Rubin, M.V. Chukin, I.G. Gun, I.U. Mezin, A.G. Korchunov. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 67–69.
  19. Zyuzin V.I., Radionova L.V., Radionov A.A. and colleagues. Resursosberezhenie v metiznom proizvodstve [Resource saving in metalware production], Magnitogorsk, NMSTU, 2001, 160 p.
  20. Gun G.S., Pudov E.A., Ivanova L.B. [Optimization of Metal Forming Processes with an Integrated Quality Criterion]. Izvestiya vuzov. Chiornaia Metallurguia [Bulletin of Higher Educational Institutions. Ferrous Metallurgy], 1982, no. 8, pp. 62–65.
  21. Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M., Kuznetsova A.S. Development of a model of an adaptive quality management of fasteners on the basis of DEFORM-3D modeling. Stal [Steel], 2014, no. 4, pp. 61–66.
  22. Hong-Seok Park, Ngoc-Hien Tran. An autonomous manufacturing system for adapting to disturbances. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. October 2011, vol. 56, iss. 9-12, pp. 1159–1165.
  23. Hong-Seok Park, Ngoc-Hien Tran. A cognitive agent based manufacturing system adapting to disturbances. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems. August 2012, vol. 10, iss. 4, pp. 806-816.
  24. Marc B. Sokol. Adaptation to difficult designs: Facilitating use of new technology. Journal of Business and Psychology. Spring 1994, vol. 8, iss. 3, pp. 277–296.
  25. Namwoon Kim, Jae H. Pae, Utilization of new technologies: organizational adaptation to business environments. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. June 2007, vol. 35, iss. 2, pp. 259–269.
  26. Martin Riegler, Bernhard Spangl, Martin Weigl, Rupert Wimmer, Ulrich Müller Simulation of a real-time process adaptation in the manufacture of high-density fibreboards using multivariate regression analysis and feedforward control. Wood Science and Technology. July 2013.
  27. Seid Žapčević, Peter Butala. Adaptive process control based on a self-learning mechanism in autonomous manufacturing systems.The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. June 2013, vol. 66, iss. 9-12, pp. 1725–1743.
  28. Claudio A. Policastro, André C. P. L. F. Carvalho, Alexandre C. B. Delbem. A hybrid case adaptation approach for case-based reasoning. Applied Intelligence. April 2008, vol. 28, iss. 2, pp 101-119.
  29. Golubchik E.M. Adaptive control of metal products quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova. [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, no. 1, pp. 63–68.
  30. Chukin M.V., Kuznetsova A.S., Yemaleyeva D.G. Analysis of the ability to produce high-strength grade fasteners made of carbon structural steels with an ultra-fine grain structure. Kuznechno-shtampovochnoe proizvodstvo. Obrabotka materialov davleniem [Die Forging Production. Metal Forming], 2012, no. 1, pp. 41–45.
  31. Chukin M.V.Kuznetsova A.S.Baryshnikov M.P.  Determination of a possibility to obtain high-strength bolts made from carbon steel with an ultra-fine grain structure by Brinell hardness test modelling. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Voronezh State Technical University], 2012, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 150–152.