ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The article presents a mathematical model of grain evolution and dislocation density during cold asymmetric rolling of pure Al 99.5% aluminum and 7075 alloy. The effect of equivalent and shear strain on the aluminum alloy structure has been found. Convergence of simulation results and experimental information has been demonstrated.

Keywords

Aluminum, asymmetric rolling, shear strain, mathematical simulation, severe plastic deformation, grain size, dislocation density.

Pustovoitov Denis Olegovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Assistant Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7(3519)29-85-25. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Pesin Alexander Moiseevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7(3519)29-85-25. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sverdlik Mikhail Konstantinovich – Postgraduate Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Antipov V.V., Senatorova O.G., Tkachenko E.A., Vakhromov R.O. High-strength Al-Zn-Mg-Cu-alloys and light-Li-Al alloys. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metal Science and Heat Treatment], 2011, no. 9, pp. 27-33.

2. Elagin V.I. Ways of development of high-strength and heat-resistant structural aluminum alloys in the XXI century. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metal Science and Heat Treatment], 2007, no. 9, pp. 3-11.

3. Gun I.G., Mikhailovsky I.А., Osipov D.S., Kutsependik V.I., Salnikov V.V., Gun Е.I., Smirnov А.V. Development, modeling and improvement of ball joint production processes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no.1 (45), pp. 52-57.

4. Gun I.G., Mikhailovsky I.А., Osipov D.S., Salnikov V.V. Comprehensive assessment of the through production technology effectiveness using the logic of antonyms as in the case of ball studs. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2005, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 67-71.

5. Gun G.S., Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G. Creation and development of a theory of the metallurgy qualimetry. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2003, no. 5, 67 p.

6. Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M., Gun G.S., Koptseva N.V., Efimova Yu.Yu., Chukin D.M., Matushkin A.N. Study of physical and mechanical properties and structure of new-generation multipurpose high-strength invar alloys. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 43-47.

7. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Rubin G. Sh., Minaev А.А., Nazaibekov A.B., Dyia Kh. Scientific research genesis in the field of metal products quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 92-96.

8. Chukin M.V., Korchunov A.G., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A., Koptseva N.V. Nanodimentional structural part formation in high carbon steel by thermal and deformation processing. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 33-35.

9. Pesin A., Pustovoitov D., Korchunov A., Wang K., Tang D., Mi Z. Finite element simulation of shear strain in various asymmetric cold rolling processes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 4 (48), pp. 32-40.

10. Chukin M.V., Kolokoltsev V.M., Gun G.S., Salganik V.M., Platov S.I. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University scientific activities with the nanotechnology development. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 55-59.

11. Ji Y.H., Park J.J. Development of severe plastic deformation by various asymmetric rolling processes. Materials Science and Engineering: A. Vol. 499, 2009, pp. 14-17.

12. Li Y.H., Park J.J., Kim W.J. Finite element analysis of severe deformation in Mg-3Al-1Zn sheets through differential-speed rolling with a high speed ratio. Materials Science and Engineering: A. Vol. A. 2007, pp. 454-455.

13. Zhiming Li, Liming Fu, Bin Fu, Aidang Shan. Effects of annealing on microstructure and mechanical properties of nano-grained titanium produced by combination of asymmetric and symmetric rolling. Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 558, 2012, pp. 309-318.

14. Jianhua Jiang, Yi Ding, Fangqing Zuo, Aidang Shan. Mechanical properties and microstructures of ultrafine-grained pure aluminum by asymmetric rolling. Scripta Materialia. 2009, vol. 60, pp. 905-908.

15. Lorentz, Young Gun Ko. Microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of severely deformed Al alloy processed by differential speed rolling. Zhurnal splavov i soedinenij [Journal of Alloys and Compounds]. 2012, vol. 536S, pp. S122-S125.

16. Cui Q, Ohori K. Grain refinement of high purity aluminum by asymmetric rolling. Materialovedenie i tekhnologiya [Materials Science and Technology]. 2000, vol. 16, pp. 1095-1101.

17. Zuo F., Jiang J., Shan A. Shear deformation and grain refinement in pure Al by asymmetric rolling. Sdelki tsvetnykh metallov obshhestva Kitaya [Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China]. 2008, vol.18, pp. 774-777.

18. Bobor K., Hegedus Z., Gubicza J., Barkai I., Pekker P., Krallics G. Microstructure and mechanical properties of Al 7075 alloy processed by differential speed rolling. Mashinostroenie [Mechanical Engineering]. 2012, vol. 56, pp. 111-115.

19. Hallberg H. Influence of Process Parameters on Grain Refinement in AA1050 Aluminum during Cold Rolling. Mezhdunarodnyj zhurnal mekhanicheskikh nauk [International Journal of Mechanical Sciences], 2013. pp. 260-272.

20. Pesin A., Pustovoytov D. Influence of process parameters on distribution of shear strain through sheet thickness in asymmetric rolling. Osnovnye Inzhenernye materialy [Key Engineering Materials]. 2014, vol. 622-623, pp. 929-935.

21. Sverdlik M., Pesin A., Pustovoytov D., Perekhozhikh A. Numerical research of shear strain in an extreme case of asymmetric rolling. Rasshirennyj materialy issledovanij [Advanced Materials Research]. 2013, vol. 742, pp. 476-481.

22. Pustovoytov D.О., Pesin A.M., Perekhozhikh A.А., Sverdlik M.K. Simulation of shear strain in the limiting case of asymmetric sheet rolling. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013. No 1 (41). – PP. 65-68.

23. Tadgally М., Huda Z., Masguki H.H. Influence of deformation conditions and recrystallization on behavior of 7075 aluminum alloy under tension. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metal Science and Heat Treatment]. 2011, no. 4, pp. 15-18.

24. Maliguin G.А. Plasticity and strength of micro- and nanocrystalline materials. Fizika tverdogo tela [Solid State Physics]. 2007, vol. 49, pp. 961-982.

25. Murashkin М.Yu., Kilmametov A.R., Valiev R.Z. Structural features and mechanical properties of 1570 aluminum alloy exposed to severe plastic deformation. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie [The Physics of Metals and Metallography]. 2008, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 93-99.