ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Based on the FE mathematical simulation, a numerical research on patterns of metal deformation heating and temperature-field generation in a deformation zone during asymmetrical cold rolling of Al 99.5% pure aluminum, Al 5083 and Al 7075 alloys under ultra-high shear strain has been carried out. The authors have determined influence patterns of a contact-friction coefficient, rolling speed, radius of rolls, reduction ratio and strength properties of aluminum alloys on deformation heating temperature jf rolled strips. The study results can be used when developing optimal conditions of asymmetric rolling of aluminum alloys under ultra-high shear strain to achieve ultrafine grain structure and high-strength properties.

Keywords

Asymmetric rolling, shear deformation, finite element method, severe plastic deformation, aluminum alloy, deformation heating.

Pesin Alexander Moiseevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7(3519)29-85-25. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Pustovoitov Denis Olegovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Assistant Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Phone: +7(3519)29-85-25. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Vafin Ruslan Karimovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), research engineer, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Antipov V.V., Senatorova O.G., Tkachenko E.A., Vakhromov R.O. High-strength Al-Zn-Mg-Cu-alloys and light-Li-Al alloys. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metal Science and Heat Treatment]. 2011, no. 9, pp. 27-33.

2. Elagin V.I. Ways of development of high-strength and heat-resistant structural aluminum alloys in the XXI century. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov [Metal Science and Heat Treatment]. 2007, no. 9, pp. 3-11.

3. Gun I.G., Mikhailovsky I.А., Osipov D.S., Kutsependik V.I., Salnikov V.V., Gun Е.I., Smirnov А.V. Development, modeling and improvement of ball joint production processes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 52-57.

4. Gun G.S., Rubin G.Sh., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G. Creation and development of a theory of the metallurgy qualimetry. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2003, no. 5. (45), pp. 67-69.

5. Zakirov D.M., Osipov D.S., Gun I.G., Sabadash A.V., Ovchinnikov S.V., Maistrenko V.V., Mezin I.Yu. Application of the logic of antonyms to the integrated analysis of automotive fasteners quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2010, no. 4, pp. 57-62.

6. Gun I.G., Mikhailovsky I.А., Osipov D.S., Salnikov V.V. Comprehensive assessment of the through production technology effectiveness using the logic of antonyms as in the case of ball studs. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2005, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 67-71.

7. Chukin M.V., Golubchik E.M., Gun G.S., Koptseva N.V., Efimova Yu.Yu., Chukin D.M., Matushkin A.N. Study of physical and mechanical properties and structure of new-generation multipurpose high-strength invar alloys. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 43-47.

8. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Rubin G. Sh., Minaev А.А., Nazaibekov A.B., Dyia Kh. Scientific research genesis in the field of metal products quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 92-96.

9. Chukin M.V., Korchunov A.G., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A., Koptseva N.V. Nanodimentional structural part formation in high carbon steel by thermal and deformation processing. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 33-35.

10. Kolokoltsev V.M., Petrochenko E.V. Structural features and properties of high-alloy white irons. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 3-8.

11. Ji Y.H., Park J.J. Development of severe plastic deformation by various asymmetric rolling processes. Materials Science and Engineering: A. Vol. 499, 2009, pp. 14-17.

12. Jianhua Jiang, Yi Ding, Fangqing Zuo, Aidang Shan. Mechanical properties and microstructures of ultrafine-grained pure aluminum by asymmetric rolling. Scripta Materialia. Vol. 60, 2009, pp. 905-908.

13. Lorentz, Young Gun Ko. Microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of severely deformed Al alloy processed by differential speed rolling. Zhurnal splavov i soedinenij [Journal of Alloys and Compounds]. 2012, vol. 536S, pp. S122-S125.

14. Cui Q, Ohori K. Grain refinement of high purity aluminum by asymmetric rolling. Materialovedenie i tekhnologiya [Materials Science and Technology]. 2000, vol. 16, pp. 1095-1101.

15. Zuo F., Jiang J., Shan A. Shear deformation and grain refinement in pure Al by asymmetric rolling. Sdelki tsvetnykh metallov obshhestva Kitaya [Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China]. 2008, vol. 18, pp. 774-777.

16. Bobor K., Hegedus Z., Gubicza J., Barkai I., Pekker P., Krallics G. Microstructure and mechanical properties of Al 7075 alloy processed by differential speed rolling. Mashinostroenie [Mechanical Engineering]. 2012, vol. 56, pp. 111-115.

17. Pesin A., Pustovoytov D. Influence of process parameters on distribution of shear strain through sheet thickness in asymmetric rolling. Osnovnye Inzhenernye materialy [Key Engineering Materials]. 2014, vol. 622-623, pp. 929-935.

18. Pesin A., Pustovoitov D., Korchunov A., Wang K., Tang D., Mi Z. Finite element simulation of shear strain in various asymmetric cold rolling processes. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 4 (48), pp. 32-40.

19. Salganik V.М., Pesin A.M. Аsimmetrichnaya tonkolistovaya prokatka: razvitie teorii, tekhnologii i novye resheniya [Asymmetric rolling of a thin sheet: the development of theory, technology and new solutions]. Moscow: MISIS, 1997. 192 p.

20. Pesin A.M. Modelirovanie i razvitie protsessov asimmetrichnogo deformirovaniya dlya povysheniya ehffektivnosti listovoj prokatki [Modeling and development of the processes of asymmetric deformation to improve sheet rolling]. D.Sc. dissertation. Magnitogorsk, 2003. 395 p.

21. Sverdlik M., Pesin A., Pustovoitov D., Perekhozhikh A. Numerical research of shear strain in an extreme case of asymmetric rolling. Rasshirennyj materialy issledovanij [Advanced Materials Research]. 2013, vol. 742, pp. 476-481.

22. Dyia Kh., Salganik W.M., Pesin A.M., Kawalek A. Asymetryczne walcowanie blach cienkich: teoria, techno-logia i nowe rozwiazania. Seria: Monografie nr 137. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Czestochowskiej. Czestochowa, 2008. 345 р.

23. Pustovoitov D.О., Pesin A.M., Perekhozhikh A.А., Sverdlik M.K. Simulation of shear strain in the limiting case of asymmetric sheet rolling. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 1 (41), pp. 65-68.

24. Botkin А.V. Nauchno-metodologicheskie osnovy proektirovaniya protsessov uglovogo pressovaniya [Scientific and methodological foundations of design processes of angular pressing]. D.Sc. dissertation. Ufa, 2013. 282 p.